“GREAT STAY” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
CORAL SPRINGS, United States
“GREAT STAY”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

I HAVE STAYED AT OTHERS AND ALWAYS COME BACK TO THE BEST! I'm not wasting my time anymore-the CARIBE HILTON is the most beautiful, clean, guest friendly hotel in San Juan:) Great Staff, very well kept and can't ask for any better service from the staff.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Priscilla B
Nelson T, Manager at Caribe Hilton San Juan, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Thank you for your kind words! It was a pleasure to serve you. I am glad to hear that you had a wonderful time.

We look forward to welcome you back soon

Nelson Torres, Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,510)
  • Polish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

My stay was May 12-15. I was worried before I got there from all the bad reviews. I Was very happy when arrived. A couple of tips. If you plan to drink buy a couple of bottles on the way to the hotel or at the liquer store just off property. The drinks at the bars are over priced. BUT these day name a hotel where that iisn't the case. MY room was in the main tower. IT WAS CLEAN AND NICE! The pool and beach area were great! The exterior of the hotel did show some age. SO WHAT! another tip: we were torn on renting a car or doing taxis. We went with taxi. Happy we did. The parking and driving for that matter going to old San Juan would have been a head acke! We ate at some good restrants there and were cheap. Go to Bebos! In all I would stay there again. BTW ALL THE SERVICE IN PUERTO RICO IS BAD! I GUESS ITS JUST THE WAY OF LIFE THERE! THIS REVIEW IS COMING FROM A PERSON WHO WORKS AT A 5 STAR RESORT IN FLORIDA.

2 Thank jhawk77
Nelson T, Manager at Caribe Hilton San Juan, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you for your comments. It was a pleasure to have you here. We regret that you left Puerto Rico feeling that way about the service. We hope you visit us again soon. It will be a pleasure to welcome you back.

Acworth, GA, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

Our family recently stayed at the San Juan - Caribe Hilton. On this visit, we planned our stay from both perspectives: as tourists and as locals. Having lived in Puerto Rico and the San Juan area, we know the island better than the average resident. The hotel has a strategic location that permits easy access and driving to key areas. The parking management is "Puerto Rican style", but highly reliable and efficient at $18 per day. The man-made beach at the hotel is far superior to possibly all others in the San Juan area. If you like swimming in smooth water, protected by breakwater, and large enough to be a challenge to swim with / or without mask / fin / snorkle, then the beach at Caribe Hilton is the one to beat.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

I am on vacation and I'm going to be staying here for 8 nights when I got to my room it looked so horrible the outside doors were very dirty the glass in the shower was very dirty two of the lights are broken and the carpet is very disgusting not to mention they made me pay a resort fee which I'm wry upset about because this doesn't feel like a resort at all I feel like I'm staying in a motel.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jmboricua
Thank you for your feedback on your room condition while visiting us. Please accept our apologies. I am sharing your comments with our executive Housekeeper and rest assured we are taking corrective actions to prevent future guest from experiencing what you did.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope you give us the opportunity of serve you in the near future.

Allentown PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

Everyone is pleasant and helpful. We are staying in the Villas and have not checked out yet, but feltthe need to say how helpful, happy and competent the staff has been. We will be back! The eveningfront desk manager, thesecurity guard who opened our safe when we couldn't, and Jody the evening concierge. Thank you all!

1 Thank Andrea K
LGMarcano, Manager at Caribe Hilton San Juan, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Condado Lagoon Villas at Caribe Hilton as your “home away from home” during your visit to beautiful Puerto Rico.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience while in our property and we will share your comments with our staff. We are delighted to know your stay is a pleasant one and do hope to meet you and thank you in person before your depart.

We thank you again for staying with us and for the opportunity to serve.
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

My family stayed here in April for a few nights before getting on a Southern Caribbean cruise and we really enjoyed it. The beach was perfect for my 6 year old daughter to snorkel since it is very protected and very calm, flat water. Not that we saw a ton snorkeling there but we did see fish and even some Lion fish out at the rock wall. Old San Juan is only a mile or so away so the location was pretty good too. Although we loved the property around the hotel the hotel room was nice but nothing exciting at all. Pretty basic room. With that said though the bathroom was huge and we did like the bathroom. Overall I would recommend this hotel and we liked it but thought it was pretty expensive. Oh yeah, just so you know. If you try to get the parrots to talk to you don't stand there saying hello over and over for five minutes like I did because they don't speak English. Try Hola and you will get them talking back to you. lol......

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank justinr
Hello there! thank you for staying with us and for the feedback. we are glad to hear that you enjoyed your vacation with your family. We hope you visit us again soon. Our Parrots will be waiting :)

Turku, Finland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

I stayed at the Caribe Hilton for a conference I was with. The complex is a resort and has several swimming pools, a very nice gym, tennis courts etc.--but too bad I was there for work, so I didn't really get to enjoy any of it. I had a stellar seaside view from my room, although I asked for a quiet room. The room had all that I needed, including a safety box and a little fridge. The complex has several restaurants and they are all ridiculously priced. To make matters worse, if you're not driving, it's really hard to get anywhere, and there are no grocery stores within the vicinity of the hotel. The maid eventually told me that there were a couple of buses going to Old San Juan, which I did, and it was easy enough (the bus stop is about an 8-minute walk from the hotel). The cab drivers gave me a different price every day, so be prepared to get cheated by them--arguing with them will be a losing proposition. I would probably had enjoyed the hotel more if I had a chance to enjoy the facilities more, but even so the prices made no sense. Would likely not return, even if I'm giving it a fine rating numerically.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
#6 of 13 in Isla Verde
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,078 reviews
San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort

Been to Caribe Hilton San Juan? Share your experiences!