Caribe Hilton San Juan
$339
$319
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
CasaBlanca Hotel(San Juan)(Great Value!)
$149
  • Restaurant
Tres Palmas Inn(San Juan)(Great Value!)
$128
7,224 results
All reviewsprivate beachpina colada clubmorton's steakhousehilton honors towergarden wingmain buildingtropical gardenthe open air lobbyswim up barocean viewpool areabeautiful propertyhotel restaurantscab ridenice beachconcierge deskcondado area
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We stayed at the Hilton Caribe in San Juan. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I was celebrating my birthday and they made it very special. Also, Lemongrass was wonderful. The food was amazing and so was the service. We visited a few other resorts in the San Juan area and the Hilton Caribe was the best of what we saw. The rooms are updated and comfortable, the staff works really hard to make guests happy, and the food is pretty good. I would recommend staying here if you're staying in San Juan for a few days. It's close to the airport, so great for a quick get away.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Not digging it. The hotel is tired.....the prices are very high--spent $100 on drinks in 5 minutes. Service in general has been slow and poor. Am guessing the people working here aren't paid much so they don't really care. The rooms are ok clean-not great. The bathroom has no hooks or towel bars for towels, swim suits, etc. No robes. Took room service 10 minutes to answer the phone--45 minutes for food after midinight. If I wasn't on a company trip I would have moved out. The food was actually pretty good when it finally came out--but took too long. Super windy too--ALL the time--exhausting. Got a massage today and froze to death...why would you have your spa temperature so cold? Most miserable massage because of it. Hilton--you are so much better than this--DO OVER!

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank theworldismyoyster67
Nelson T, Manager at Caribe Hilton San Juan, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Thank you for staying at the Caribe Hilton. We apologize for the challenges you encountered while in our property. We strived to deliver the excellent service that has made us the preferred resort in Puerto Rico.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience while at our property. We take your comments seriously and do share with all parties involved. We hope to see you back in the near future.

at your service,

Reviewed April 20, 2013

Do not bother staying here. Last year we stayed at the Ritz. There is absolutely NO comparison!!

We are here for one more night and I cannot wait to get out of here!

Rooms: our original requested room was not available so we got stuck in the oldest part of the hotel in a "villa". The smell of mildew is enough to knock you out. We tried to get another room but nothin was available except something much smaller (we have our 2 small children with us). The bathroom sinks don't drain. The shower leaks so we have to put down towels along the shower door. I am sick with allergy issues because of this nasty place!

The spa: what an awful experience! I was taken into a room that one would expect to have a medical procedure in. It was freezing. Nothing peaceful about it. I laid on cold sheets and kept saying I was freezing so i was given a towel to put over my lap. I felt like I was at a holiday inn. Terrible. I literally thought about just getting up and leaving during the massage. Awful.

Room service: I didn't order it. But my husband's company requested that wine and cheese be delivered to our room. It was. At midnight last night!!!! The gentleman knocked on the room which adjoins my room (where my children were asleep) and when i didn't answer, he attempted to enter but I had the top lock on!!! He came to my door. Again, the rooms are adjoined. I called to the lobby to complain that he was trying to enter our room at midnight and my children were sleeping!!!! I Asked the front desk to have the manager call me today. No one has bothered to call.

Lastly the food: severely overpriced ($8.00 for a bowl of cereal). And not very good. We took a cab today to the Ritz for a real meal.

Don't stay at this dump. Not worth it at all!!

• Stayed: April 2013
3  Thank Evillanova

First of all, thank you for your feedback of your stay with us. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations and I am actively working with our housekeeping team to ensure our standards of cleanliness and comfort are consistently met. I was disappointed to read from your review that you found our rooms to be unkempt. Please accept our deepest apologies for your discomfort in our SPA and for the situation with the amenity deliverty.
We strive on providing our guests with a clean and comfortable stay and we will do everything we need to do to ensure that these issues are corrected. I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guests experience and I will keep your review in mind. Thank you again for your feedback and I invite you back to stay with us the next time your travels bring you to the area.

at your service

Reviewed April 19, 2013

I've been coming to the Caribe Hilton for more than a decade and it's clearly showing it's age. The beach and pools are still beautiful. The staff is courteous and helpful. But the facility is rapidly approaching the need for a makeover. There's chipped paint, chipped walls, scuffs on the tile in the main areas. The furniture shows scratches and clips as well. The restaurants are overpriced, and mediocre  with a an outdated design and cheap furnishings. Granted, some fans will see these as minor issues, and there's an argument to be made there. But the Caribe bills itself as a premier resort, and charges like it is one.  As such, it should present itself as one so the complete experiences matches the prices they charge. For me, I'll try someplace else next time.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RayInOhio
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Just came back from a weekly long family vacation at Caribe Hilton for Spring break. We had a great time and our boys (2 and 6) loved the resort. The outdoor facility is very nice, plenty to do within the resort, so much that we spent 4 out of the 6 days in the resort. Beautiful and peaceful lagoon, with shallow and warm water protected from the ocean waves by the natural coral reef, ideal for kids play; if you can swim, just a couple hundreds of feet away you can do some snorkeling, abundant fish, maybe not as many as those popular snorkeling places but it’s right there. The pool complex is very nice, plenty of beach chairs to go around, need to go early to secure a hammock. Many lizards and birds wander the ground, they are a hit with the kids, but just leave them alone. One piece of advice, especially if you come from the north and are pale from the long winter: put enough sunscreen on your whole body, we underestimated the power of tropical sun and paid a hefty price for it.

Our first room was on the 3rd floor of the tower and we could hear the sound of air compressors right out of our window all night; the second day we asked to be moved to higher floor and got a 16th floor room, with partial ocean view, which is outstanding, both day and night, and very quiet.

The resort has several restaurants. Lemon grass has good atmosphere and decent food, although quite pricy; breakfast buffet has good selections but again, pricy; Palmeras is a good choice for dinner (skirt steak is very tasty and pizza very well made), prepare for a bit of waiting depending on the time you go; Pina Colada right underneath the tower is a good casual dining choice. The drinks in all places are great, have to try them. Right outside of the resort front door are a subway and a Japanese joint which can be alternative dining choices. We were advised by a local to not walk to the public beach right opposite the resort, and we saw police cars and ambulance there almost every night.

All in all a great family experience, will recommend to friends and will come back.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Caribbean42

Hello! thank you for staying with us and for sharing your family experience. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit. Sorry about the sunburn! remember to pack your sunscreen when you return! We are already waiting.

at your service