My husband and I truly enjoyed the Caribe Hilton in San Juan this February. The hotel, while large, never felt that crowded to us. It has a relaxed feel with an unbelievably beautiful open-air lobby that has the most spectacular view of the ocean.
The gounds are well manicured with many palm trees and a stand of hammocks swaying by the ocean. (One of my favorite memories from the trip was laying in one of the hammocks at night listening to the ocean knowing it was 10 degrees at home!) There was a long pier that had a light at night that illuminated the fish. Some of them had to be four feel long!
Our room was nicely appointed with a king-size bed, chair, long dresser/desk combo, huge closet, marble-topped sink, refridgerator, safe, and an enormous closet with shelving. The decorations were sleek and modern. The large picture of an orchid by the bed was beautiful and fitting for such a tropical locale. We were very pleased with how meticulously our room was cleaned each day.
We ate at the italian restaurant in the lobby twice, because the food was delicious. The lemon chicken with capers, bruschetta, and manicotti were so good. We found the food to be a little on the pricey side, but what restaurant in a resort is inexpensive? The service was terrific as well, and be sure to order a mojito. It was hands down the best I've ever had.
We decided to partake of a pina colada from the lobby bar. The Caribe is said to have created the pina colada 50 years ago. (There's an official plaque and everything.) It, too, was probably the best I've had, but I don't order many pina coladas. The bar is great with the ocean breeze and view. We joined two other couples who were being entertained by the bartender who happened to be a card magician. Was he fantastic! He knew the cards five of us picked from piles of five, made a card appear out of nowhere by a drink, and tuned the deck to one suit! It was amazing and unexpected and added to our wonderful Valentine's Day there.
The Caribe Hilton is a mile or two away from Old San Juan. We drove and easily parked in a garage. The shops and houses are beautifully painted, and El Morro, the fort there, dates to the 1500's and silently stands guard over the ocean. I loved Old San Juan with it's rich history and pleasant shopkeepers.
We hope to return to San Juan very soon and see more of what Puerto Rico has to offer!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The historic and iconic Caribe Hilton offers an ideal combination of leisure facilities and activities and is home to Caribar, the birthplace of the pina colada. The resort is situated on a private 17-acre lushly landscaped peninsula with a secluded beach and is located near the Old San Juan historic district and many of the destination's top attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Caribe Hilton San Juan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caribe Hilton San Juan Hotel San Juan
- Hilton Hotel San Juan
- Hilton Hotel Caribe
- Hilton San Juan
- San Juan Caribe Hilton Hotel