Pros: The pool was awesome - 3 levels of pool, a swim-up bar, lots of places to lay (including hammocks!). The beach was small but looked nice (it was closed off for rough surf when we were there). They have a Starbucks - it was like every other Starbucks, and the people who worked there were all very nice, helpful, and offered suggestions on where else we could go to eat. It's a short drive to Condado, Santurce, and Old San Juan.
Cons: The only restaurant we went to at the hotel was awful (Pina Colada Club). The others were so expensive and had such poor reviews on yelp and trip advisor that we didn't even bother. The resort is in a part of town that pretty much sucks. There's no food or shopping to walk to besides one convenience store and a Subway. Its closest neighbor is a creepy abandoned hotel. The room was just average. Water leaked all over the bathroom floor when we showered. And like all resorts, there were lots of hidden fees tacked on.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The historic and iconic Caribe Hilton offers an ideal combination of leisure facilities and activities and is home to Caribar, the birthplace of the pina colada. The resort is situated on a private 17-acre lushly landscaped peninsula with a secluded beach and is located near the Old San Juan historic district and many of the destination's top attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Jetsetter, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Caribe Hilton San Juan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caribe Hilton San Juan Hotel San Juan
- Hilton Hotel San Juan
- Hilton Hotel Caribe
- Hilton San Juan
- San Juan Caribe Hilton Hotel