When we arrived we found that our travel agent had not upgraded our room (we paid for Ocean View). The front desk staff were extremely nice and even though we had to stay our first night in the original room, the staff were able to get us into an ocean view room for the remainder of our stay and gave us complimentary cocktails and breakfasts and had someone move our luggage to the new room the following day (we were away from the property on a tour).
The bartenders, Victor and Monica, as well as the poolside server (Jeannie), treated us like long lost friends.
The grounds were immaculate including the beach..saw a landscaper raking the sand on the beach. Awesome!!!! They'll even set you up with an umbrella on the beach for no charge (recommended...it rains everyday for at least a few minutes).
We cant wait to come back...next time we wont use a travel agent though (no hhonors points if you go through them).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The historic and iconic Caribe Hilton offers an ideal combination of leisure facilities and activities and is home to Caribar, the birthplace of the pina colada. The resort is situated on a private 17-acre lushly landscaped peninsula with a secluded beach and is located near the Old San Juan historic district and many of the destination's top attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Caribe Hilton San Juan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caribe Hilton San Juan Hotel San Juan
- Hilton Hotel San Juan
- Hilton Hotel Caribe
- Hilton San Juan
- San Juan Caribe Hilton Hotel