Caribe Hilton San Juan
$255
$249
Renaissance Hotels
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $301/night.

$340
$279
$209
$172
Doubletree.com
  • Pool
CasaBlanca Hotel(San Juan)(Great Value!)
$129
  • Restaurant
Tres Palmas Inn(San Juan)(Great Value!)
$128
  • Breakfast included
El Canario by the Lagoon(San Juan)(Great Value!)
$109
$92
Hotels.com
$274
7,224 results
All reviewsprivate beachpina colada clubmorton's steakhousehilton honors towergarden wingmain buildingtropical gardenthe open air lobbyswim up barocean viewpool areabeautiful propertyhotel restaurantscab ridenice beachcondado areaconcierge desk
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Arrived Thursday night had to wait over 45 minutes to check in due to computer system down. Front desk was very gracious and gave me an “upgrade” to the Villas. Not sure how much of an upgrade it really was since the only really good thing about it, was the view. I have to agree with what I have read here the hotel is in desperate need of some surgery.

The Good:
View from our room was very decent, front desk told me it was ocean front, would not call it that, but it was a courtesy of the hotel soooo I will not hold it against them.
Grounds:
Awesome! Very inviting, romantic, and relaxing, did I mention great views? From Thursday to Saturday, they play music in the bar which is really nice if you want to just go down and not have to leave. Drinks are to die for but very expensive had 1 mojito and 2 frozen drinks $60.00 w/ tip.
The Bad:
I am one that does not request room service. I always bring my own towel and do not have a problem making my bed. But the night we arrived we had gone out by the time we came back to the room it was 3:00a.m. when in the shower the tub was not draining properly obviously not calling at that time. Next morning when leaving the room housekeeping was there informed her what was going on she stated she will let maintenance know trusted she would. Came back to the hotel again after 1:00 a.m. NOTHING WAS DONE. Since I had read so many of the reviews here with similar situations that went unanswered I did not bother to call again. The next morning took the lid from the tub and it was FULL of hair!!!!!! NASTY! They really need to work on their house keeping skills; also day we got their the floor in the bathroom you could tell was not clean thoroughly since we found a small hair clip and the tub could have used some scrubbing. At check out front desk asked how things were explained to her what happened and she was just ok. no concern on her part, which the least she could have done was pretend she cared.
Overall:
Yes, I WOULD STAY here again, next time as soon as I check in and before I make myself comfortable I will check shower make sure it works, grounds are beautiful room was comfortable enough bed just better than ok.
Tips:
If staying in the villas I highly recommend to self-park. You end up being closer to that parking than the Valet not to mention Valet TOOK forever to bring my car the 1½ day I used them. On the last day we had breakfast at the Subway in the corner of the hotels within walking distance, they make an awesome omelette and at a great price.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank giyo19
Nelson T, Manager at Caribe Hilton San Juan, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2012

Thank you for your feedback on your room cleanliness while you visited us recently. Please accept our apologies. I am sharing your comments with our executive Housekeeper and rest assured we are taking corrective actions to prevent future guest from experiencing what you did.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope you give us the opportunity of serve you in the near future.
Nelson Torres, Hotel Manager

Reviewed August 14, 2012

Expensive. Air conditioner filter was really really bad. Toilet leaked. Outside on the balcony all you could hear was the air conditioner and none of the ocean. On the other hand the pool was nice and we enjoyed being on the ocean beds. Hard to rate.. the bad was bad, but the good was good. It is WAY overpriced though... if they could come down a little on their prices it would be a little better.. Definitely dated property.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GingerHaney
Reviewed August 14, 2012 via mobile

A very beautiful and spacious hotel in the heart of the tourist area old San Juan is less than 5 minutes away by car and the condado is right across the bridge which I had a great view from my balcony. The private beach is small but leaves averyone with enough room to enjoy the great weather we had three pools but we spent most of our mornings on the beach. The hotel food is very pricey I spent 80 dollars on breakfast for two on my first morning so I suggest eating off the resort it is cheaper and you find all kinds of food from traditional puerto rican food to chilies

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 13, 2012

My wife, teenage daughter and I stayed here for 2 days and it was extremely crowed. Great place if you like a lot of loud music, activity and people. Parking sucks and is very expensive so don't drive a car if you don't have to. Good location to get to Old San Juan about 5 min drive.
Don't plan on relaxing or saving money

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank chrischilders10
Nitzamarie-Escalera, Coordinator at Caribe Hilton San Juan, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2012

Thank you for sharing this feedback with us, we really appreciated. There is always room for improvement and feedback help us reach our goal. Thank you again!

Reviewed August 12, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for a wedding (which was also being held at the hotel) and we decided to make a long weekend out of it. We were not disappointed. The hotel is in a great location, as it is a short drive to Old San Juan, which is definitely worth a visit. The rooms were very clean and comfortable, and ours had a terrace that overlooked the ocean. The hotel offers several restaurant options. We tried the Italian restaurant, and the pan-Asian restaurant Lemongrass (try the dragon fruit mojito!), which were both quite good. The buffet breakfast at the restaurant facing the pool area was a bit pricey, but good. The resort has a private beach that is a part of the hotel complex (and does not extend past the hotel). I loved it because it was designed to keep the rougher surf far from guests, which allowed for calm waters near the shore for snorkeling and taking a dip (not great for any surfers out there though, I would imagine). Also check out the large pool area with waterfalls and a shaded pool bar for one of their world famous pina coladas (the hotel's claim to fame is that the drink was invented here)! The Olas Spa at the hotel was Ahh-mazing! We had an excellent couples massage here that was one of the highlights of our entire trip! All and all we were happy with my stay here, and would certainly stay here again or recommend to a friend!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank preciosa919
Nelson T, Manager at Caribe Hilton San Juan, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Wow! It is so great to hear that you had an awesome time while in Caribe Hilton!

Hope you had fun at the wedding, Old San Juan and hope that SPA day was memorable.

thank you so much for your kind words, we hope to welcome you back soon.
Nelson Torres, Hotel Manager