We stayed at the Caribe Hilton in July four four days. There is quite a bit of construction happening at the site - near the parking lot, which is away from the main building. We didn't hear much noise where we stayed.
Upon check-in, we were told that our room wasn't ready and that we could enjoy the amenities while we waited. (Check-in is at 4pm and we arrived at 2:15pm.) After about 40 minutes our room was finally ready and we were upgraded to an ocean view room in the main building. Nice room and very modern!
We immediately went to sleep - mattress was wonderful.
The grounds are very pretty, lots of areas where you can just sit and relax and take in the cool ocean breeze. There are numerous pools and jacuzzis to relax and unwind. Room service is pretty pricey. We traveled with a child and requested a glass of warm milk, which was $5 plus $5 delivery fee, plus state tax. A can of soda is $5 - the vending machine is $1.50 but they only sell Coke and Sprite. Hotel restaurants are pricey too! Having traveled to PR quite a number of times, my husband and I know a number of locals spots like Bebos and Bebos cafe. I would also suggest stopping at Walgreens and stocking up on water and juice especially if you are traveling with children. There is a mini refrigerator in the room but no microwave.
There is a Hertz car rental at the resort if you decide to rent a car. We rented a car at the airport and paid $20 for valet parking ($16 for self parking) per day. I suggest that you stick with valet given the garage is a good walk away from the main entrance.
There is a Starbucks on site and seven restaurants. Piña Colada club is the cheapest. Between 5-7pm the bar sells different tapas ranging in price from $3-$9.
If you want to enjoy your time at the pool, arrive early. Chairs fill quickly. There is a hammock section, swim bar, and children's playground with basketball court.
Overall, we really enjoyed our stay and would come back again!
Overall we enjoyed our time at the Caribe and would stay here again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Caribe Hilton, the ultimate beachfront hotel in San Juan, is set on an exclusive peninsula made up of 17 acres of lush tropical gardens. This Puerto Rico Hilton is ideally situated between historic old San Juan and the exciting Condado area, offering a secluded beach, lavish accommodations and amenities tailored to families, couples and business travelers alike. This San Juan hotel is just a 15-minute drive from Luis Munoz Marin Airport and the closest resort to Old San Juan area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Caribe Hilton San Juan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caribe Hilton San Juan Hotel San Juan
- Hilton Hotel San Juan
- Hilton Hotel Caribe
- Hilton San Juan
- San Juan Caribe Hilton Hotel