Wasn't sure about some of the reviews, but since I was traveling with my mother and brother and it was one of the only NICE places in San Juan where I could rent a two-bedroom suite I booked. (You really have to watch where you stay in SJ.) Stayed one night (6/30) before our cruise and had no complaints whatsoever.
The check-in line was long but since I am Hilton Honors I checked in at the HH line and there was no wait. I asked if the room had been renovated and was told that the 10th floor of the main building hadn't been renovated yet but the room was nice and had the best view. She was right!!! The suite consisted of room 1031, 1033 and 1037. We had 2 full bedrooms, 3 full bathrooms (one was gigantic enough to have a whirlpool tub, double sink and a giant glass shower stall), a large room between the bedrooms that contained a conference type table and chairs and also a nice sized living room-like seating area with furniture. There were also many closets and we had 4 balconies. The view was of the ocean, the fort on the property and the area. (Front desk was right about the amazing view!)
The room could have used a bit of updating but it actually really wasn't bad. No stains on the carpeting, furniture and the beds were comfy, comfy, comfy.
Italian restaurant in the lobby was nice too. Ate lunch and dinner there. The prices were a bit high but what you would expect to pay in a resort of this kind or touristy city. Morton's was WAY overpriced so we skipped it.
All in all, I would stay here again. Great staff. Great rooms. Great views. Great Food. Great property. Great location. No problems whatsoever. I got what I paid for. They really need to clean the windows and doors in the lobby though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The historic and iconic Caribe Hilton offers an ideal combination of leisure facilities and activities and is home to Caribar, the birthplace of the pina colada. The resort is situated on a private 17-acre lushly landscaped peninsula with a secluded beach and is located near the Old San Juan historic district and many of the destination's top attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Caribe Hilton San Juan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caribe Hilton San Juan Hotel San Juan
- Hilton Hotel San Juan
- Hilton Hotel Caribe
- Hilton San Juan
- San Juan Caribe Hilton Hotel