Caribe Hilton San Juan
$255
$249
Renaissance Hotels
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of $335/night.

$227
$279
$351
$208
  • Pool
CasaBlanca Hotel(San Juan)(Great Value!)
$129
  • Restaurant
El Canario by the Lagoon(San Juan)(Great Value!)
$106
$96
  • Breakfast included
7,224 results
All reviewsprivate beachpina colada clubmorton's steakhousehilton honors towergarden wingmain buildingtropical gardenthe open air lobbyswim up barocean viewpool areabeautiful propertyhotel restaurantscab ridenice beachcondado areaconcierge desk
Reviewed June 21, 2012

The hotel has a private beach which is very nice. Hotel is somewhat dated although they are reportedly in the process of remodeling it. The only issue I found is that the restaurants are obscenely expensive for what you get - $30 for a mediocre breakfast buffet???

Room Tip: Make sure you don't have a view to the parking structure! If that is the case you might as well stay at a less expensive hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank earroyave
Management response:Responded June 26, 2012

Thank you for staying at the Caribe Hilton as your “home away from home” during your visit to beautiful Puerto Rico.

We thank you for your feedback on the restaurants prices. We take your feedback very serious and will share them with our Management.

We thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to your prompt return.

Reviewed June 21, 2012

I am already planning my next visit! We only stayed three nights but next time I would like to stay longer. The hotel grounds were beautiful. The beach was very relaxing and not crowded. The pools and hot tub were awesome. My room was very nice,not an ocean view but the garden view was nice and the shower I wish I could have brought home with me. The staff was friendly and very helpful. I would recommend eating at places other than the hotel as it was pretty expensive. There is a Subway on the corner but stay away from the Chinese restaurant...heard the food was not good. Found a really good restaurant in the city and the food was excellent. We did not catch any cabs, we caught the city bus which was .50 per trip. If you are going to the Bacardi tour, take the bus, 50 cents and the ferry 50 cents. The "minibus" which is a van will take you to the distillery for 3.00. Altogether, 4.00 per way and the tour is free. There is also a CVS in the city which sells everything from souvenirs to alcohol. I recommend to go their and get snacks and sodas for the mini fridge. I had a great time and am looking forward to going back.

7  Thank Tomaneca W
Reviewed June 21, 2012

stayed in this hotel two different times on this last vacation. At the beginning of my trip we stayed two nights in the tower rooms. The rooms were large. I had a king size and my boys had another room with two doubles. I had no trouble getting what i asked for at the front desk. The view was nothing great but I could see a little of the ocean. We had no time in the rooms so that was not a big deal. The beds and pillows were so comfortable. That was very nice. The bathroom was mid to large with a large shower stall and all glass enclosure and rain shower head or hand held to use. it was very nice. The sink was dated and the marble was chipped but I didn't mind that. The rug also had stains. It needed replaced. The lobby and grounds were beautiful. Went to the Pina Colada club for a late night meal. hot dogs for the boys and tostones for me, beer and Pina Colada = 46.00. expensive even though the hot dogs were foot longs. The starbucks in the hotel was high too. We did not eat at any of the other restaurants.

The staff was very nice. Had a great concierge by the name of Eliot who set my navigator to get to the rain forest and other locales. They all tried to help get us around the island which is not easy since the gps only works with coordinates.

The second night, the last night of our trip we went back and got one room in the main building. It had a more updated bathroom, but it was smaller. A nifty shower head though that had some kind of spray blast. I had never seen that before. My sons liked it. Again, the view was not great.

We had valet parking for 20.00 a stay and could come and go as often as we wanted. For 75 a night this was a gem. I wish we had had more time to stay in the hotel and pool and beach. It really was nice, but the island was calling and we decided that was more what we wanted.

I didn't get honors points for my stay, except on the resort fee.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Nitad259
Management response:Responded June 26, 2012

Thank you for choosing the Caribe Hilton as your “home away from home” during your visit to beautiful Puerto Rico. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience!

We are very happy to hear that you not only enjoyed our beautiful property but you enjoyed our island as well!

We hope to see you back in the near future.

Reviewed June 20, 2012

Our room in the main building at the Caribe Hilton was spare but nicely furnished, updated, and clean. We had a private balcony which looked out mostly at the rooftop of the lobby, but we also had a view beyond of the beach and pool area, and the ocean. There was a hair dryer, 2-cup coffee maker, and mini-fridge (big enough for two medium-size water bottles).

The grounds are lovely, with a tropical garden and ponds, several pools and Jacuzzis, and even some peacocks, swans, and a turkey! Two of the pools have little waterfalls. One has a swim-up bar. The beach is on a lagoon and very calm, perfect for young children. Though space in the shade (our preference) is at a premium and you might have to get far from the beach or pool, there are plenty of chairs, and you can get an umbrella for the beach.

The restaurants are expensive, as many others have noted. The best one is Lemongrass, the Asian fusion restaurant. We had an excellent dinner there, on a pretty shaded deck by the garden and ponds, serenaded by the coqui. The morning buffet at Palmeras is nice, but at $23 for full breakfast and $15 for Continental, it’s pricey. There is also a regular menu; $15 for eggs, hash browns, toast and sausage or ham. The Pina Colada Club is a casual place for lunch or dinner. We had mixed results; some of it was not good (tough meat), but the sides-- rice, plantains, and especially French fries-- were excellent. My husband really enjoyed their hamburger.

There is absolutely no information in the room about the hotel itself, or any local attractions. Supposedly there is a channel on the cable TV, but it never worked for us and just always went back to the menu. Need room service? Laundry service? Want to know when the pool closes? I guess you have to pick up the phone and ask, or go down to the lobby. I would recommend going right to the concierge desk, first thing, and ask for their restaurant recommendations, activity list, maps, or anything else you might need.

We recommend Casa Lola, a restaurant not far away in Condado, which was on the concierge list. Excellent Puerto Rican food, nice décor, and attentive service. I had a jumbo shrimp dish, honestly one of the best meals I’ve ever eaten!

Old San Juan is about a 45 minute walk, which we didn’t attempt because of the 90+ degree heat, but a very quick $12 cab ride.

All the service, from check-in to restaurants to the final clap for a cab, was efficient and friendly. This was our first trip to Puerto Rico, and we loved it. I would check out more of the island next time, and travel more, but if you want to stay in the San Juan area for a few days, the Caribe Hilton is a very pleasant, quality choice.

2  Thank MalNewYork
Management response:Responded June 26, 2012

Thank you for staying at the Caribe Hilton during your recent visit to Puerto Rico, it was a true pleasure to have you here!.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience while at our property. We appreciate your feedback on restaurants and prices.

We hope to see you back in the near future.

Reviewed June 20, 2012

We stayed four nights and we were pleasantly surprised with the hotel and San Juan. As a diamond member we stayed in the towers on the 19th floor. The balcony overlooked the beach and Old San Juan. We found our room to be clean and smelling fresh. The shower was fantastic. The pool was wonderful, as were the hammocks. We enjoyed walking out on the pier at night and seeing the barracudas. The beach was sheltered by rocks so it was great for floating and swimming. Take your goggles because we did see a lot of colorful fish. I wished we would have explored the option of taking the bus into San Juan but we were told it was unreliable by a local. We walked to Old San Juan twice and it was a half hour walk along the ocean for most of the trip. We shared a cab back in the evening and even walked back our final evening. Once in Old San Juan, I recommend getting on the open air trolley that travels the perimeter of the city. Okay so here is the deal with the Hilton Honors breakfast voucher...they are easy to redeem once one figures it out. The coupon can be used for the continental breakfast at Giardino. It is an expanded continental breakfast complete with cereal hot and cold, fruit, breads, pasteries and really good coffee and juice. You can upgrade for $7 for one trip to the hot breakfast bar at Giardino or you can go to another restaurant Pallermo's and pay $15 for a very nice full breakfast buffet. I didn't like the decor of Giardanno's it didn't seem to fit in with the beautiful hotel lobby. We did find one table where we could see the ocean and on our last day we had our cappuchino at a table outside of the restaurant in the lobby area a la ocean view.

1  Thank traveling_flygirl
Management response:Responded June 26, 2012

Thank you for your comments! We are very happy to see that you had a good time.
We appreciate your feedback regarding Restaurant Decor, we will share it with our Management. We hope you enjoyed that cappuccino while overlooking our beautiful ocean.

See you soon!