Caribe Hilton San Juan
$279
$249
Renaissance Hotels
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $295/night.

$351
$208
Sheraton.com
$274
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
CasaBlanca Hotel(San Juan)(Great Value!)
$129
  • Restaurant
El Canario by the Lagoon(San Juan)(Great Value!)
$109
$96
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Tres Palmas Inn(San Juan)(Great Value!)
$128
  • Breakfast included
7,224 results
All reviewsprivate beachpina colada clubmorton's steakhousehilton honors towergarden wingmain buildingtropical gardenthe open air lobbyswim up barocean viewpool areabeautiful propertyhotel restaurantscab ridenice beachcondado areaconcierge desk
Reviewed September 20, 2011

Just returned from a week at the Caribe Hilton in San Juan, Puerto Rico. We had a nice room on the 10th floor overlooking the ocean with beautiul views of the ocean and surrounding area. The room had two double beds, a small balcony, a refrigerator, and a good sized bathroom. The room was a good size, clean and everything was up to date. The grounds of this property are exceptionally nice, with a walkway right up against the ocean and around the hotel. There is a private becah, whcih I beleive is the only one on the island. This is a nice feature as locals are not permitted o the beach to sell beads and wood carvings. There are 10 hammocks strung between palm trees which were fun to hang out on. Near the ocean there were outdoor all weather beds with cushions to relax on as you heard the waves breaking. There was also a raft a short swim from the shore that could fit at least 10 people. The pools was huge and had a series of cascading waterfalls that enhanced the overall appearence of the outdoors areas. There were also 2 hot tubs available for use. The nicest part of the pool and beach area was the fact there were always plenty of lounge chairs available, which made it a pleasure to visit as you did not have to search for a chair. There towels provided in the pool/beach area were also plentiful and plush. A a swim-up bar in the pool area was pretty cool and did a brisk business on the hot days during our stay. They were always good about checking your room key before you entered the pool area to avoid unregisterd guests from using hte facilities. We only ate at one of the 4 or 5 restaurants on the property that was a hamburger/sandwich place located on the far end of the hotel. The food was reasonably priced and very good. Other guests told us the food in all of the restaurants on the property was quite good as well. The drinks at the hotel and pool bar were priced quite high, but that is to be expected at a resport property such as this. We had a rental car, and there was a self parking garage across the street at a price of $16.00 per day. We were in san Juan for a convention and our room rate was $127.00 per day which I felt was a grea price. Every employee of the hotel was very accomodating in all departments. If I were ever to return to Puerto Rico, I would strongly consider staying at the Caribe Hilton once again.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor overlooking the ocean,.
1  Thank PMCranford
Nitzamarie-Escalera, Coordinator at Caribe Hilton San Juan, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2011

Thank you for taking some of your time to share your experience with us. Security is one of our main concerns and we work very hard to ensure the well-being of our guest.

Reviewed September 19, 2011

The location of the hotel is not convenient...You have to take a cab to most places. We upgraded ourselves to a suite, but its really not worth paying the extra money for – you just get a big living room with a kitchenette and a very uninspiring décor. The worst thing about this hotel is callous service. The housekeeping folks accidentally picked up a pair of my shorts which had been wrapped in a towel. Not only did I not get those back, but the staff did not even offer an apology!

Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Nitzamarie-Escalera, Coordinator at Caribe Hilton San Juan, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2011

Thank you for your review of our property. We're very sorry that we misplace your shorts, this is unacceptable. Thank you for the feedback.

Reviewed September 19, 2011

Front Desk customer service representative "Julio" was simply fantastic. Professional, personable and very outgoing. Even though we were in town only for one night (arriving late and checking out early) on business...Julio went well above and beyond and ensured we had all the information needed to enjoy our short stay. Julio also explained all of the amenities of the hotel in detail and provided his "expert advice" on how to take full advantage and maximize our experience. He was definitely the right person for the job and we thoroughly enjoyed our short stay experience...thanks to Julio.

Room Tip: It is a LONG trek to the Villas II and can be confusing trying to find your room!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business

Great!!! We are so proud of Julio!!! This is the way to go! This is a great motivation not only for Julio but for all our staff! Thank you for sharing this with us.

Reviewed September 18, 2011

We stayed at Caribe Hilton for six nights as part of a convention. We had a choice of staying at the Sheraton Convention center or the Hilton. I was leery of staying at the Caribe Hilton because I read so many bad reviews. But, after much research decided to stay near the beach. My family and I were so happy we chose the Hilton. It is a beautiful hotel and the staff was so friendly. We called and faxed the hotel ahead of time to let them know that besides coming for a convention we were also celebrating 50th birthdays and a 25th anniversary. We were upgraded to the Hilton Honors Towers on the 12th floor facing the private beach. The view was beautiful!! The rooms were spacious and clean. The bathrooms were huge! We arrived at 1:15 AM because of a delayed flight. We were greeted by the most pleasant front desk assistants. Even at that extremely late hour everyone was so kind. I was afraid we would get rooms that were not very nice because we were so late but our rooms were beautiful! We were sent a bottle of Champagne from someone back home and the hotel gave us a complimentary bottle as well. Everyone that works at the Caribe Hilton is friendly and helpful! Try the Bingo at 2PM it is free and we won twice. Don't forget the free Piña Colada tasting at 1PM. Take time to eat at Atlantico Pool Grill. Choose a table right near the water. You'll think you are in a Corona commercial. Starbucks was awesome for a quick snack. Hammocks were so relaxing. There was always an empty lounge chair near the pool or beach. It never seemed too crowded even with a big convention staying there. Would definitely recommend this hotel if you are trying to decide between this and any other hotel in San Juan. Thank you Caribe Hilton for making our trip such a special and enjoyable experience.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank nmgmail

Thank you for the chance to prove our service! It's great to hear that despite the bad reviews you chose our hotel and we make it right! Thank you for the feedback we appreciated!

Reviewed September 18, 2011

As a frequent visitor to San Juan, I had mixed feelings when my national convention was scheduled at this hotel. Mixed reviews and my own personal visit earlier had shown me there could be a lack of service and adequate lodging. After 8 nights there, I feel a little better about this property.

Checking in was non-eventful although the upgrade I'd been promised was not available. Being from Florida, I was not surprised at the large dead roach just inside our door when we arrived - I was just glad he was dead - but it was representative of the less than perfect housekeeping. Although we tipped daily, all we could expect was the bed being made, the towels replaced, and a replacement (most of the time) of coffee for the coffeemaker. The bed was very comfortable and the internet service ($49.95 for 7 days) was excellent. It is free in the lobby and people sit at Starbucks for hours on their computers. Our room in the Hilton Honors tower was nicer than the ones in the older building, which smelled like mildew to me.

Interaction with the staff was okay. Some were great and some were just civil. The Pina Colada Club on property is owned by a successful restaurant group in San Juan and the food and service were very good. Beer everywhere is $6 or $7 for local beer and $10 for tropical types. Buffet breakfast at Palmeris Restaurant in the lobby was very good for $15 continental and $22 including hot items. Starbucks coffee and pastries could add up very quickly so this was a better deal.

There is a Subway down the block but I didn't care for it. I preferred to walk to El Hamburger or KFC half a mile to the right, or left over the bridge to the Condado (ritzy area) for more choices. We walked to the Casino at the Conrad hotel just over the bridge (half a mile) several times at night and never felt threatened.

The setting is very nice and there is a nice beach protected from waves but you need to wear water shoes. There are rocks and sealife and a man stepped on a sea urchin, getting several spines through his foot, and was taken away by ambulance. I did not see any recommendations to protect your feet.

You can take a taxi to Old San Juan for about $12 or walk the two miles, which we chose to do. We passed several large iquanas and lizards along the way, which was entertaining.

As a frequent visitor to the island, I usually stay with relatives but love to stay at the La Concha Renaissance when I do stay in a hotel. This will be a backup when the price is right, which for me would be in the $100-125 range. The resort fee and tax will tack on another 20 percent or so.

Definitely better than expected but I'm not sure I would recommend it to a first time visitor due to its location.

Room Tip: Main building has better views but has an old feel (and smell) to it. Ask for tower room with view, above sixth floor.
4  Thank Podie

Thank you for sharing this review with us. We love to have our guest's feeback this way we can always improve our service. We appreciate a second chance to prove the quality of service that we deliver.