Caribe Hilton San Juan
$255
$249
Renaissance Hotels
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $302/night.

$220
$208
Sheraton.com
$269
  • Pool
CasaBlanca Hotel(San Juan)(Great Value!)
$129
  • Restaurant
El Canario by the Lagoon(San Juan)(Great Value!)
$109
$96
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
$172
$161
Priceline
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $189/night.

7,224 results
All reviewsprivate beachpina colada clubmorton's steakhousehilton honors towergarden wingmain buildingtropical gardenthe open air lobbyswim up barocean viewpool areabeautiful propertyhotel restaurantscab ridenice beachcondado areaconcierge desk
Reviewed September 16, 2011

I usually don't leave reviews, I do, however, like to read a lot of them before I go somewhere....you could say I like to "do my homework". I was a little skeptical after reading some recent reviews before our trip to the Caribe Hilton. We were there Sept. 9-Sept 15th, We had a WONDERFUL experience here. Staff was very helpful and friendly. All staff we dealt with spoke fluent English and Spanish....never felt like there was a problem there...I know very little spanish and was nervous about that. Even on our tours and shopping in town, taxi's, waiters, you name it-everyone at our hotel and in Old San Juan were so friendly and helpful. Beach is great, as is the 3 level pool at this hotel...plenty of space to make your own with a lounger. Hammocks were WONDERFUL. so relaxing. Jose the security guard was wonderful also. very friendly! Plenty of towels available for the beach/pool. there was a nice area for kids=playground area. we didn't bring kids, but it would have been a kid friendly place, as I saw they had activities for the kids there also. Room service was very helpful for all of our silly questions we had. never once felt unsafe at this hotel. very warm atmosphere there! There was a Subway across the street ($5 footlongs!) and a small convience store also. Food is a bit expensive otherwise. There is a starbucks in the hotel that we used a lot for food-they have warm sandwiches for about $5.85 each. and they were delicious! Breakfast buffet was wonderful-I think we paid $13 for that....it was very good. taxis were always available to take into Old San Juan-$12 for a ride into town. we had 4 people with us, so it wasn't too bad of a deal. otherwise there is a bus stop down the street to take a bus for 75 cents. We shopped a LOT! and were worried about our bags being overweight for our trip back, and the bellboy took our bags to the back and weighed them for us. all in all, we really appreciated everything this hotel had to offer. I would definately recommend this place! There was fruit infused water available in the lobby every morning also-it was SO refreshing! We looked forward to it while we waited for our bus to pick us up for our tours. I will try to attach some pictures.....

Room Tip: we stayed in the Garden wing-rooms were newly renovated. Safe in room-very easy to use. lots of room, Fridge also. we were told we wouldn't have ocean view-but we did-just barely on the fifth floor. it was gorgeous.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jessi S
Reviewed September 16, 2011

We stayed here two nights as part of our honeymoon. Upon arrival we were upgraded to the Hilton Honours tower which was a nice gesture. The rooms are spacious and clean. The hotel has a good pool area but the beach was disappointing as is the overal location of the Hotel. staff is friendly and the in hotel Starbucks offers a good alternative for breakfast or a quick snack. The also in house Morton's steakhouse is another good alternative but the hotel also offers several good restaurants. Overall fine hotel probably better suited for business then Leasure. Try a piña colada it is said the drinks was invented there.

• Stayed: April 2011
Nitzamarie-Escalera, Coordinator at Caribe Hilton San Juan, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2011

Thank you for sharing your experience. The piña colada was invented here!

Reviewed September 15, 2011

This hotel had everything your carribean fantasy resort would have! The lovely soft sand beachs with a floating dock to swim to and lay on and let the waves rock you to sleep. Palm trees with hammocks hanging in them, infinity pool with a swim up bar and waterfalls into the large pool. Huge, cushy cushions on king-size wicker benchs where you can lay back under the palm trees and listen to the waves going over the rocks.

My only criticism is that the food that I had at the pool bar was really lousy and if you weren't a hot young babe in a teeny-weeny bikini your service was going to leave a lot to be desired. Never leave a woman with an empty martini glass for more than a nano second!

Room Tip: If you're a Hilton Honors member be sure they know that so they put you in the posh HH tower.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 14, 2011

The hotel is pretty average, and definitely not what the lobby presented itself to have been. The Starbucks was nice, as there really wasn't anything close by when a quick snack was needed. The pond is nice, and filled with like a billion goldfish, and there was a huge peacock that scared the crap out of my wife when it started to run towards us. The staff was nice, but again, nothing was spectacular. I honestly don't remember much else about our stay here - and I'd say that about says it all.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SteveFromNYC

Thank you for sharing this feedback with us, we really appreciate it.

Reviewed September 13, 2011

I really have nothing bad to review about the Caribe Hilton. It's a beautiful hotel and the views are to die for. We went right after Labor Day and, man, that was the time to go. It wasn't busy, it felt like my family had the beach all to themselves, etc.

We brought our 3-year-old son and he had a great time. He loved the secluded beach (as did we) and the warmed pools. There was also a very nice playground/jungle gym that he enjoyed. Very kid friendly place.

As kind of a random aside: There were TONS of iquanas/lizards on the hotel grounds. Which was fine by us - we made a daily game over who could find the most and they were never in the actual hotel, but if you're not a "lizard person," just be forewarned.

I do have a few complaints (hence why it's not a 5 star rating):

-- For a place that touts their pina coladas, they were certainly very weak and VERY over-priced.
-- The air conditioning (at least in our rooms) wasn't that great. It worked, but it sure wasn't 68 degrees in my room like the gauge stated it was.
-- The hotel is kind of isolated and there's no where to get anything to eat
-- The surrounding area looked a bit 'iffy' and I would not recommend walking outside the hotel area at night
--Which means you're generally stuck with their food/restaurants, and those are also VERY expensive. Our room service came to nearly $70 and all we got was a hamburger and chicken strips.

But really, other than that, it was a great place. I would stay/vacation there again and would recommend it.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room with an ocean view - nothing like waking up and enjoying your coffee while sitting on the patio watching the waves roll in.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience. We are so glad that you and your family had a blast during your stay with us. This is why we work very hard every day! Thank you again for the feedback!