I don't think I'm a picky traveler. I know what I like and I know what to expect, especially at a Hilton.
I was disappointed with the hotel itself because first off EVERYTHING is over-priced. It was ridiculous. The entire 5 days we were in Puerto Rico it rained. 90% of our stay was inside the hotel/hotel grounds since we were in the middle of a tropical storm.
We would wake up at 6 a.m., go straight to the pool area and lay out until 9 a.m. (that's when it usually started to rain).
Our room was probably the worst! As a Hilton Honors Member I have experienced a lot of different types of rooms on our vacations. This was something else. We were on the 3rd floor of the old building. Our balcony view was of the air conditioning system for the entire hotel! Our balcony door was broken. It didn't lock. Actually, let me rephrase, there was no balcony. I'm not sure how to describe this slab of tiles. Only 1 person could be on the balcony at a time. It was adjacent to the roof of the restaurants we would always eat at. Here's the best part...there were workers on the roof every single day...all day! We would have to close the curtains in order to get dressed. And the lighting, it was pretty poor. It actually sucked.
Bathroom was creepy because it was very old and outdated and disgustingly dirty. Nothing against the housekeeping staff, just obvious that some corners were cut.
I actually have waited over a month to post this because I didn't want to post a bad review. But, in the end, this is what it comes down to: hotel room sucked, everything was over-priced and upon check-out we were notified that there is a 14% resort fee...for EVERY SINGLE DAY you are there. Not for the total trip, so basically we got ripped. I didn't like that aspect because I don't mind paying resort fees to be on a resort. There were never any activities planned, especially due to inclement weather. All we could do is roam the resort indoors, hit up the Starbucks and sit in the lobby for free wi-fi.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Caribe Hilton, the ultimate beachfront hotel in San Juan, is set on an exclusive peninsula made up of 17 acres of lush tropical gardens. This Puerto Rico Hilton is ideally situated between historic old San Juan and the exciting Condado area, offering a secluded beach, lavish accommodations and amenities tailored to families, couples and business travelers alike. This San Juan hotel is just a 15-minute drive from Luis Munoz Marin Airport and the closest resort to Old San Juan area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Caribe Hilton San Juan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caribe Hilton San Juan Hotel San Juan
- Hilton Hotel San Juan
- Hilton Hotel Caribe
- Hilton San Juan
- San Juan Caribe Hilton Hotel