Caribe Hilton San Juan
Doubletree.com
$249
Renaissance Hotels
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $298/night.

$259
$351
$208
Sheraton.com
  • Pool
CasaBlanca Hotel(San Juan)(Great Value!)
$129
  • Restaurant
El Canario by the Lagoon(San Juan)(Great Value!)
$96
  • Breakfast included
Hotels.com
7,224 results
All reviewsprivate beachpina colada clubmorton's steakhousehilton honors towergarden wingmain buildingtropical gardenthe open air lobbyswim up barocean viewpool areabeautiful propertyhotel restaurantscab ridenice beachcondado areaconcierge desk
Reviewed June 25, 2011

The Caribe Hilton is on the beach, a $20 (pre-tip) cab ride from the international airport.

Its grounds, with swimming and wading pools, swim-up bar, and other amenities are large, beautiful, and well maintained. The hotel is made up of at least three separate buildings, one of which is the inevitable "Hilton Towers."

The lobby and other public rooms are grand. There are both up-scale and tame souvenir shops as well as four (or more) restaurants. Among the latter is a Morton's The Steakhouse. The lobby also features a Starbucks.

Our room, in the Towers was a bit worn as were the corridors leading to it.

Room Tip: Hilton Honors or AmEx Platinum Card + pre-booking.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nedhop
Nitzamarie-Escalera, Coordinator at Caribe Hilton San Juan, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2011

Thank you for your review of our property, we really appreciated. It's great that you loved our grounds we really take pride of it! We are programed to start the renovation of our room this year! Thank you again for your feedback!

Reviewed June 24, 2011

Used hair and make up services at the Spa next to hotel for wedding preparation. Person who did my makeup plucked a little on one of my eyebrows to "even them up a bit". She also trimmed the tops of both brows. When I removed my makeup a big chunk of my eyebrow was gone and the hair on both briws stood out like feathers on a plucked chicken! Please don't let them do this to you!
As for tge hotel, beautiful grounds, location etc. We booked room 6 months ago -a room with a balcony. Several days before trip we called to double check room & specifically make sure about the balcony and they assured us our room had a balcony. When we arrived we had a room without a balcony. We ended having to pay an extra $50 each night to get what we were told we had booked 6 months earlier - not cool when you are already spending top dollar!

• Stayed: June 2011

Thank you for taking some of you valuable time to give us some feedback! We're deeply sorry that you experience with the spa was not memorable. I can assure you immidiate action will be taken to prevent this from happening again. We are so happy that you like our grounds. Thank you again for your time.

Reviewed June 24, 2011

This resort had everything we were looking for really didn't need to leave Staff was helpful and very nice.Only a short cab ride to Old San Juan.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Nitzamarie-Escalera, Coordinator at Caribe Hilton San Juan, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2011

Thank you, for your wonderful review about our hotel, we really appreciate that you took some of your valuable time to share your experience with us. I’m glad that you had a pleasant stay with us. This is a great motivation for our staff to continue delivering great service. Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed June 22, 2011

My wife and I traveled to San Juan for Memorial Day, and we had a great time at Hilton Caribe. The staff is very friendly and helpful. We love the private beach and the pools. I do think the drinks are expensive, so be sure to hit the package store across the street. It's a cheap ride from the airport to the hotel, so no worries about transportation. It's also very close to Old San Juan if you want to visit.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jason C

Reviewed June 20, 2011

Stayed at Caribe Hilton three times during past 10 months (all for business travel). Service gets worse with every visit. Last time I had to wait for 55 min to check in. Receptionists did not seem to be in a particular hurry with about 20 guests waiting in line, they were laughing and socializing with each other, disappearing in the back office for 10 min at the time, taking 15-20 min to check in a single person, etc. Also, the "first come - first serve" concept seemed to be alien for those receptionists. The whole check in experience was just disgusting.

I like relaxing in the pool after long day of meetings. This time I did not even attempt to get into the pool after I saw some garbage (plastic bottles, cups) and vomit like substance floating freely in water. They did not clean it until next morning. I'm already making reservations for my next business travel to San Juan, so I'll probably stay at Marriott, or try Sheraton Old San Juan for a change.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
5  Thank travelotty

Thank you for your valuable comments about your recent stay at our hotel. The lack of sense of urgency that you experience during your last stay is unacceptable. Let me apologize for this unfortunate inconveniences that you experienced with us, this is not the kind of service Caribe Hilton is know for. Again let me thank you for your comments.