When I go to the Caribbean, the most important thing I am looking for is a great beach and great water. The Caribe Hilton has both. The beach is crescent shaped and a good size with plenty of lounge chairs for everyone. It is in the sun from sunrise to sunset, although late in the day (5:30 or 6:00) we moved to the sunny area for the last few minutes of sun in the day. Beach umbrellas and floats are available to rent. The water is warm, calm, clean, clear, and a beautiful blue. It is not stagnant however, the ocean washes over the rock jetty to provide a slow current of calm ripples and a small tide effect. The ocean bottom is beautiful soft rippled sand. It is one of the nicest beaches I have been to in the Caribbean, and I have been to many. The beach is private, so no one is wandering by or bothering you to buy from them. The pool, also beautiful, is nearby and uncrowded. We enjoyed five wonderful days, sitting in the sun, floating or swimming in the ocean and dipping in the pool .
Our room was on the 15th floor of the Tower Building facing West, and we had a fantastic view of the beach and ocean, and the sunset. The room was small but adequate, and the bathroom was large with a great dual shower.
The common areas need some updating, but we spent very little time inside. The food was average for breakfast and lunch. It is in a great location between Old San Juan and Condado, so we took turns going to both of these areas for dinner. Each one was a five minute, $12 cab ride. It was fun to get out and see other parts of the city in the evening and enjoy a variety of restaurants.
I would definitely recommend this resort to anyone, especially those for whom beach and water is a top priority.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Caribe Hilton, the ultimate beachfront hotel in San Juan, is set on an exclusive peninsula made up of 17 acres of lush tropical gardens. This Puerto Rico Hilton is ideally situated between historic old San Juan and the exciting Condado area, offering a secluded beach, lavish accommodations and amenities tailored to families, couples and business travelers alike. This San Juan hotel is just a 15-minute drive from Luis Munoz Marin Airport and the closest resort to Old San Juan area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Caribe Hilton San Juan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caribe Hilton San Juan Hotel San Juan
- Hilton Hotel San Juan
- Hilton Hotel Caribe
- Hilton San Juan
- San Juan Caribe Hilton Hotel