Caribe Hilton San Juan
$255
$239
Renaissance Hotels
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $290/night.

$340
Doubletree.com
$274
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
CasaBlanca Hotel(San Juan)(Great Value!)
$129
  • Restaurant
Tres Palmas Inn(San Juan)(Great Value!)
$114
  • Breakfast included
El Canario by the Lagoon(San Juan)(Great Value!)
$123
$92
Hotwire.com
7,224 results
All reviewsprivate beachpina colada clubmorton's steakhousehilton honors towergarden wingmain buildingtropical gardenthe open air lobbyswim up barocean viewpool areabeautiful propertyhotel restaurantscab ridenice beachcondado areaconcierge desk
Reviewed March 31, 2011

My friend and I recently when on a trip of a life time on an 11 night cruise around the Caribbean including three nights (2 nights before the cruise and 1 night after the cruise) at the Hotel Caribe in San Juan. The Hotel is located on the seafront and has a fantastic pool area but that's where it ends. The first disappointment was the room, we had booked a garden view room but instead it over looked a roof. The last night following the cruise again we were meant to have sea views but instead over looked a car park, and were woken up at 6am by construction going on next door. The restaurants were over priced and the food bland. Service is ridiculously slow in all the restaurants and bars but you are still expected to tip 15%. There is a general lack of communication between all the departments. The main agro as we were charged for breakfast despite purchasing half board. When I complained to the Hotel Manager we were fobbed off with the promise that the Accounts Department would investigate it when they reopened on the Monday - that was 8 weeks ago. After not getting a satisfactory response from the hotel I complained to the Hilton head office who promised to look into it. The hotel has offered to compensate half of the breakfast charge as a good will gesture - depsite having already paid for breakfast in the holiday package I feel outraged. Oh and I haven't received an apology.

Room Tip: Don't bother!
  • Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank RoogieBoo
Nitzamarie-Escalera, Coordinator at Caribe Hilton San Juan, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2011

Thank you for your valuable comments about your recent stay at our hotel. Let me apologize for this unfortunate inconveniences that you experienced with us, this is not the kind of service Caribe Hilton is know for. We will use your comments for re-training purposes. Again let me thank you for your comments.

Reviewed March 31, 2011

I planned a surprise trip for my boyfriend and got a lot of our friends to go on the trip with us. I spent several months planning this trip with Vanessa helping me every step of the way. Of course, while planning I had people back out at the last minute but Vanessa was so great and let us keep the rate we had already agreed on.
We had a little bit of trouble with the checking in and payments, but other than that, everyone one was fabulous!!!
A friend also thought he lost his wallet and everyone was so attentive, especially Victor, who gave complimentary breakfast and drinks to my friend while they hunted his wallet down. A valet person found it and we were so relieved! GREAT STAFF!!!
Victor and Vanessa are the best! If you ever need anything, I suggest talking to them because they get things done!

Room Tip: You definitely want an oceanview room! Excellent!
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Nitzamarie-Escalera, Coodinator at Caribe Hilton San Juan, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2011

Thank you, for your wonderful review about our hotel, we really appreciate that you took some of your valuable time to share your experience with us. I’m glad that you had a pleasant stay with us. This is a great motivation for our staff to continue delivering great service. Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed March 28, 2011

Nestled between the Miami-esque high rises of the Condado and the highway into old San Juan is the Hilton Caribe located on a spit of land replete with its own ruins, pools, beach with snorkeling and a lot of rooms. This is a business hotel wrapped around a resort heart.
Things to make you stay better:

Good food at Lemongrass on site – and listen for the coqui frogs singing while you enjoy some fish entrees or special sushi.
Staff is helpful – smile first !
Happy hour at the Morton’s Steakhouse. Stay for dinner if you can swing the cost, but at least enjoy a happy hour. If not, grab a cerveza at the Minute Market 200 feet from the hotel’s front door.
There are fish in the swim area in front of the hotel’s beach.
Bus into old San Juan ($.50in, $.75 out, change needed) is nearby, Try it – its fast and cheap.
Stayed a week - half business, half pleasure.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed March 28, 2011

We booked the trip through a travel agent. When we arrived Hilton could not find our reservation. They hotel was completely booked but they found us a room. Gercef, the front desk clerk fixed us up with a smile on his face. We had a problem in the room that could not be fixed. They upgraded us to an even better room and made the transfer smooth. Every time I approached the front desk clerk greeted me by name, knew my room number and was always helpful and friendly. Over the one week stay we experienced unbelievably good food and service which was not overpriced. One day they had a problem with the swim dock. Several workers got in the water to get it placed in water. One of the workers in a t shirt and swim shorts joked with us asking for volunteers for a free piña colada. I later saw the same man in dress clothes and standing in the lobby at an event. I later learned that he was the Director of Operations. He was willing to get into the trenches to get the job done. A sign of tremendous leadership and management. I was very impressed. The location is absolutely perfect. Really the only private beach in town. The pool area and fitness facility is top notch. I left my front desk clerk saying I have one more problem. Gercef, I have a serious problem...I don't want to leave. He smiled and said let me see if I can extend your stay. Best vacation I've ever had. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank BeachTravelLawyer

Reviewed March 27, 2011

I have been visiting the Caribe since the late '80's and just really enjoy myself every time. The private beach and pools for my children to enjoy, are perfect! Proximity to Old San Jaun is great! Easy access to the airport is a plus. A new experience this past visit was the Morton's Steakhouse...wow, we had an awesome meal!

Thanks to all the staff at the Caribe. My family and I really enjoyed our stay. We look forward to coming back.

• Stayed: March 2011