6,928 results
All reviewsla vistacoral loungeacross the streetocean frontcorner roomswim up barpool areachairs and umbrellasresort feeoceanfront roomtour deskbeach staffthe beach is nicecity viewan umbrellagreat resortpartial ocean view
Reviewed February 26, 2011

Definitely stay somewhere else and you will get better service and better value. The staff just doesnt care.

Reviewed February 25, 2011

We just returned from our trip to The San Juan Marriott & Stellaris Casino, and I have to say that we really enjoyed ourselves. The hotel is clean, and the staff go out of their way to be friendly and helpful. The rooms are pretty and the beds are very comfortable. This hotel is located within walking distance to several restaurants, stores and other casinos. The casino staff were very helpful and the dealers were fun and charming, especially Luis, my favorite Caribbean Stud and BlackJack dealer. We had a really positive experience here and would totally return for another awesome vacation!

Reviewed February 24, 2011

Stayed here before and after a cruise out of San Juan. Would definitely recommend this location. My kids, ages 7 and 10, loved the pool, hot tub, waterslide, and beach. Wife and I loved the swim-up pool bar. Drinks and food were a bit pricey, but there were plenty of restaurants right near by. Room was typical of what is to be expected, although our room after the cruise was very musty smelling. We didn't mind it as much because we left the balcony door open all day and night listening to the ocean. All in all - a very good spot.

Reviewed February 24, 2011

great service at this hotel . at the pool area mayra the waitress took great care of us.she did everything to make us happy. good job from her

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 23, 2011

We stayed for five nights with our small children over President’s Day weekend. Overall we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and happily recommend the Marriott as a place to stay in San Juan.

Check-in: Cab from airport was $15 for I think up to 6 passengers and $1 per bag. We arrived around 1 and check-in was easy for us, but we did have to wait until 4 to get our room. There is a sign by the check-in area indicating check-in time isn’t until 4, which to me implies they generally don’t make rooms available until close to that time. They held our luggage and we went out for a walk and to lunch, so worked out fine for us. Seems like there were certain times of the day, especially in the evening, when the check-in line got long.

Room: We were in 837 in the shorter tower. The room was just fine and the balcony was great. We had a beautiful view of the ocean and pool area. Room was referred to as partial ocean view, only because the taller tower blocks part of your view to the right and there is a condominium complex that blocks part of your view to the left. But we were still able to see plenty of the beach and ocean. Definitely worth the $25 per night upgrade fee over the city view.

Casino: Like others have said it gets crowded in the evening but is dead in the morning/afternoon. Had $5/$10 blackjack tables, $5 craps tables, and a gazillion slot machines. The big negative for me was my difficulty in getting a drink. After about 30 minutes of playing BJ and not getting a sniff of the cocktail waitress, I asked the dealer and then the pit boss if there was one making rounds. I was ignored by both. This boggles my mind as a couple of watered down gin & tonics would have satisfied me and kept me throwing my precious money away. Finally I flagged a waitress down and she retrieved me a drink quickly. But in 90 minutes I never saw one at my table.

Location/Restaurants: Location was great. Starbucks across the street was surprisingly quiet. Walgreens doesn’t sell beer but there is a mini-super market about three blocks to the east of the hotel that does. There is a Catholic Church two blocks away. There are numerous restaurants close by. The Argentinean steakhouse was pricey, food was ok, and nice outdoor eating area. Zucchero’s across the street had good pizza and nice atmosphere, though no outdoor eating area. Tijuana’s food was good but drinks were terrible and overpriced. I was charged $12 for a mojito/margarita mixed drink that I could barely finish. And service was painfully slow. If you eat there sit outside and order beers or something cheap.

Beach/Pool: The beach was nice and the water was warmer than I expected. Felt at least 80 degrees. I actually enjoyed the shadows cast by the hotel tower onto the beach as I prefer to minimize my sun exposure and not die of skin cancer when I’m 55. Plenty of chairs and space. It seems like the beach is gradually eroding, which hasn’t affected the Marriott beach much yet, but has had a significant impact on La Concha’s beach a few hundred yards to the west as well as beaches to the east. They take away all chairs by 6 pm or so and close the beach entrance shortly thereafter. I think this is more to keep the rift raft out than Marriott patrons in, as the beach is publically accessible. Waves are rough and only for those like myself who don’t mind getting smacked around by the surf. Pool area was nice, though water seems colder than ocean. Pool and slide were great for young children and there were plenty of space and lounge chairs.

Hotel Restaurants/Nightlife: Ate at Tuscany one night, which was quite good. Not cheap but not exorbitant. Dropped a C-note before tip on appetizer, bottle of merlot, and entrees of Lamb and Osso Bucco. Especially enjoyed the lamb. In the lobby there was a DJ on Thursday night, live music Friday through Sunday nights, and nothing on Monday night. It’s loud, festive, and enjoyable for a couple looking for a post dinner drink and maybe a dance or two. La Concha, situated a block to west, has a beautiful lobby/pool area that is worth checking out. My wife & I wandered over there on a Thursday night and the club facing the pool was packed and seemed to have a good vibe for those looking to kick it up a notch.

Weather: The weather.com forecast called for showers every day during our stay. We were pleasantly surprised that weather ranged from variably cloudy to mostly sunny with just a few isolated rain showers. It seems like we had a sprinkle every day, and a couple days we had a 15 minute downpour, but that was it. The winds push in from time to time but seem to subside after a couple of hours. Temps were pleasant, ranging from low 80s during the day to low 70s at night.

Overall a great hotel. We rented a car and did a day trip to El Yunque and Luquillo on northeast corner of island. Beautiful beach with calm water and great views, only about an hour drive from San Juan.

5  Thank Raybird99