I just got back from a 4 night stay at the Marriott San Juan and I had a very good stay. Overall I would recommend this property. The location in the Condado area of San Juan is very convenient to Old San Juan and has many restaurants and bars within walking distance.
My room was good, I had no problems with it, but I wouldn't say it was outstanding either. It was pretty much what I expected and I enjoyed the balcony. The pool area was nice but difficult to find a chair during the day. The beach area had plenty of chairs however and the beach was nice, however the water was rough, so if you are a non swimmer or afraid of the ocean just be aware of this fact. I had no problem with it however a rode the waves.
I did not eat dinner at the hotel so I can't comment on that, but I did have lunch by the pool a couple of times and the food was ok. The menu was somewhat limited however. The breakfast buffet was very good and the service at the buffet was excellent. We had a server named Angelo that was outstanding, this guy went out of his way to get you whatever you wanted and also made great conversation. A real pro all the way!
I mentioned that my stay could have been great, but there were a couple of things that I was unhappy with. This place has a ridiculously high resort fee, which if I remember right was either 17 or 20 percent of your room charge which is by the far the highest resort fee I have ever paid. I have been to other places that have a resort fee, and it usually runs anywhere from 15-25 dollars a day. My resort fee for this stay was almost 50 dollars a day. I couldn't ignore this fact and I must point it out here. They need to charge a more reasonable resort fee.
The other issue I had was there check in/out policy. Usually check in time is 3:00, here it is 4:00. We arrived around noon time and of course we could not check in for hours. The di let us check in around 3:15 which is earlier than 4:00, but I have been to many resorts all of which have people requesting early check ins and other places handle it much better then this place did. So if you have an early flight and are hoping for an early check in at this place you can bet you will not get one.
Overall I enjoyed my stay here but make sure you factor in the high resort fee when you are comparing hotel prices because it is a big factor here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only five miles from Luis Munoz International Airport, located in the prestigious Condado neighborhood of San Juan in a highly desirable beachfront location only minutes from numerous restaurants and bars.The property boasts 513 spacious guest rooms and 12 suites, most with spectacular Atlantic Ocean views; the 24 hour Stellaris Casino on site, two outdoor pools, two lighted tennis courts and Ocean Club Wellness Center that features a wide array of massages and treatments in addition to the health club.Food & Beverage offerings include La Vista Latin Grill, La Isla Beach Bar & Grill, La Isla Pool Bar, Wan Chai Noodle Bar, Coffee Merchant and the ultra chic Red Coral Lounge.Come and enjoy the comfortand atmosphere of everything this "Caribbean Cosmoplitan Beach Club" has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Despegar.com and Hotels.com so you can book your San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott San Juan Resort And Stellaris Casino
- Marriott San Juan Resort & Stellaris Hotel San Juan