“Enjoyed Condado area and the Marriott”

San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Ranked #10 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Puerto Rico is a perfect destination for a quick getaway, especially during the long, hard winters like the one we just had. I love the (fairly quick) flights, not having to deal with the hassle of passports, and the abundance of nice hotels close to the airport. We have previously stayed in both the Fajardo and Isle Verde areas. Both Isle Verde and Condado are close to the airport and have some really nice hotels. While I think that Isle Verde gets higher marks for calm, pretty, beaches with not as much wind, the Condado area wins for it's proximity to Old San Juan, the abundance of restaurants and bars within walking distance, and the fact that you don't hear the planes flying overhead like you do in the Isle Verde area.
We had a great stay at the Marriott. As other's have mentioned, customer service is wonderful here and everyone we encountered was helpful and kind. The welcome drink is a nice touch. The rooms have all the modern amenities. The pool, pool bars and restaurants, and casino were all very nice. Perfect for a couples weekend away. I loved that there was a Starbucks across the street as well as many nice choices for dining up and down Ashford ave which is right out front. Old San Juan was a 10 minute cab ride away and is a "must do"! A good solid choice for the Condado area.

Room Tip: Corner suites offer two balconies and a larger room but try to get one facing the pool/ocean instead...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tla306

Reviewed March 27, 2014

We were fortunate enough to spend a week at this location celebrating both and anniversary and a b irthday. Overlooking the ocean with good food, great staff and pools and hotel beaches that were wonderful. Although the food was a bit expensive, it was plentiful and very good. There are nice restaurants within walking distance that have just about any type of food or drinks you would want. The staff was very nice and very accommodating to our every need. If you have the benefit of the concierge level as we did, it was excellent and again the service above and beyond expectations.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are great with two balconies and plenty of windows with great views. Try and get a room...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 27, 2014

We travel a lot. Hands down this hotel offers the BEST, most consistent customer service EVER. We are going on week 3 here, and I am thoroughly impressed on a daily basis. Clean. Beautiful. Great location...But most of all the people who work here obviously love working here. I don't know how management does it, but never, not once have I not been acknowledged by any staff member that I have come in contact with. They always go out of their way to greet you, say hi, and to inquire about your trip and to always ask if there is anything they can do do help. EVERY SINGLE PERSON! The rooms are very nice, beautiful views, beautiful beach, great food. AND I am thoroughly impressed with the gym. The people who run the gym are THE BEST! So attentive, always there the second I walk in the door to tend to any need I might have. Clean, well stocked, upbeat gym. LOVE IT. I love everything about this hotel. EVERYTHING. You can't go wrong staying here.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Victoria L
Reviewed March 27, 2014

We took a Spring Break vacation with our extended family (14 of us ranging in age from 70 to 8). This was the second visit for 2 of us and the others enjoyed this hotel as much as we did.

As others have said the location is perfect. Lots of restaurants are within a short walk. The beach is right out the door - we found the beach to be perfect for the older children. Boogie boards were purchased at the nearby Walgreens and the waves provided unlimited entertainment (although too rough for the 8 year old). We never had a problem getting beach chairs and umbrellas (free due to resort fee although we did tip the person who got them).

We often ate lunch at the beach bar restaurant (due to beach and pool activities) and thought the food was very good (large portions which could be shared).

Only disappointment was the Friday night buffet in the hotel's main restaurant. No one in our group enjoyed the meal especially the crab legs which seem to have been cooking for a very long time.

Overall, this hotel seems to be very well managed, the staff seem to enjoy their jobs and this is reflected in good customer service. We hope to return.

Room Tip: Splurge for beachfront.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank thor171
Reviewed March 27, 2014

I just came back from a very relaxing vacation at the Marriott. We were there for 5 days/4 nights and my second time to this resort. The staff go above and beyond to make your stay relaxing and enjoyable. The check-in was very easy. When we arrived our room wasn't ready but we changed and enjoyed the pool while our bags were stored for us. The front desk called me, as promised, when my room was ready. Our bags were brought up and although we arranged for a city view room, we were pleasantly surprised that we had also an ocean view (the best of both). Each day we went to the beach where the staff set up chairs and an umbrella for us wherever we wanted to be on the beach. Each evening we walk along Ashford Blvd and visited a different restaurant. Drinks and lunch (thanks Stephanie) were brought to us by the attentive staff. Happy Hour each day from 4-6 where you received 2 for 1 drinks was an added bonus. I'll definitely travel back here again.

Room Tip: Ask for the cheapest room. You can't go wrong.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank CindyFIn
Reviewed March 26, 2014

This is my 4th time at the hotel and everything I lived there was perfect.The hotel is amazing everything the pools the beach all of it. If they tell me to come back I will come no doubt about it. The casino was excellent, in the casino I met the executive host Ray Guerrero and thanks to him my vacations at the hotel were better. He was always paying attention to us and told us a lot of things that we could do and find in and outside the hotel.He was "the guy" I really want to come again and find people like him that can show us a lot of things like he did.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Angel V
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I travel a lot and I am very particular about where I stay when I am traveling the world. In April of 2013 my family and I stay at this hotel...the experience was breath taking the staff was nice & very helpful...the view of the pool and ocean were serene...the grounds were very well maintained...the facility including the lobby, room, & bathrooms exceeded my standards..all because of my pleasant experience here at the Marriott San Juan Resort & Casino My family & I plan to make a San Juan trap annually & I would not dare stay at any other hotel!!

We had a very minor issue in our room with two nights left on our vacation & to accommodate us the front desk manager upgraded our room from a pool/ocean view to an ocean view...I love and appreciate companies that puts their customers first! If I could give this hotel 10 stars I would!!! A MUST STAY!!!!

• Stayed: April 2013
The Condado Plaza Hilton
The Condado Plaza Hilton
#23 of 47 in San Juan
Dorado Beach, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve

Been to San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino? Share your experiences!