6,930 results
All reviewsla vistacoral loungeacross the streetocean frontcorner roomswim up barpool areachairs and umbrellasresort feeoceanfront roomtour deskbeach staffthe beach is nicecity viewan umbrellagreat resortpartial ocean view
Reviewed August 14, 2013

The Marriott Stellaris is in a great location on Condado Beach. You go out the back door and the pools, beach, and beach bar are right there; you go out the front door and you are on a city street with restaurants, shops, etc. The center of Old San Juan is a pleasant 3 mile walk from the hotel. Thus the hotel combines an urban feel with that of a Caribbean resort. We had a partial ocean view and it was nice, but if I went back, I would pay extra for the full ocean view! As far as the room went, the carpet and drapes were outdated (I think they are about to be replaced), but the bed and pillows were extremely comfortable and the bathroom was contemporary and large. The air conditioning was perfect. There were endless towels, outside and inside. My husband and I found the staff of the hotel to be uniformly helpful, kind, and engaging, from the man who cleaned our room to the concierge to the breakfast wait staff. We also found the general level of service and the food in all the restaurants (outside the hotel) we ate at to be outstanding. I wasn't crazy about the casino right off the lobby, but that's my taste. The shop and the coffee shop in the lobby were convenient and there was a Starbucks across the street as well as many local restaurants and Walgreen's. As others have said, if you have small children, the beach is a bit rough, but the pools, waterslide, and games in the pool area would be great for them. There is a free two-hour bike rental that my husband took advantage of.
The drinks were great and there were happy-hour specials at the beach bar. We loved the experience and would definitely go back.

Room Tip: Choose ocean view!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank delia25
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Stayed 5 nights here and loved every minute. The hotel was beautiful, the rooms were gorgeous and very comfortable. The Valet guys were a blast and had great suggestions for fun around the city. I had a fantastic time there and will be going back!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We stayed here for a week with our family of 4 and another family who had 2 kids. First of all, the kids loved the large size of the pool and the water slide while the parents enjoyed the bar in the pool. The hotel is right on the beach and very convenient when going from beach to pool. Also, we liked the other games located outside (ping pong, checkers, foosball, etc.) and other activities offered for the kids. Security patrol was there at all times which was kinda nice. When staying here, make sure to get a partial or full ocean view although the rooms overlooking the pool looked to be nice as well. Us parents also enjoyed the casino located adjacent to the lobby and they gave us 4 $5 vouchers to use at the casino (you must place a minimum $5 bet each time to use a coupon). There are many restaurants to choose from located around the hotel within walking distance as well as the restaurant inside the hotel. Also located within walking distance are the souvenir shops, boutiques, and retail stores. We also liked the snack bar, souvenir shop, and the bar itself located inside as well. Parking is $16 for a 24 hr period or pay an hourly rate. The rooms were overall clean and the balcony was a plus. We enjoyed just sitting outside and watching the ocean (nice!). The hotel offered 4 complimentary water bottles each day which was a nice gesture. For the eco friendly guests, Marriott gave the guests a choice of skipping room service in exchange for 500 points on the Marriott rewards card each day. My only complaint is the high resort fees. We paid $186 for 6 days. What made the hotel stay very pleasurable was the hotel staff. During the duration of our stay, most staff members would greet us and answer any questions we had. If they did not have the answer, they would get someone who could answer our question. All had a positive attitude and a smile on their face which goes a long ways! To management; kudos to your staff!

Room Tip: Those living on a budget and want to save a little extra, we stayed on the 5th floor with a partial ocean view. Hotel has approx. 17 floors, so if you are considering a partial view over a full ocean view go for it. We still had a good view of the ocean and pool. The pool view side does not go up that high, but still faces the ocean. I believe the palm trees located throughout the pool obstruct the view of the ocean.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank grapeape14
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I have been going to San Juan for the last 30 years for both business and pleasure, staying not only at the Marriott but also at other hotels in the Condado area.

No matter where I stay I always have breakfast at the Marriott for one reason - the service. Over the years Sonny, Diana and Angelo have been the most attentive, helpful and friendly and simply make breakfast something to look forward to. My feeling is that they go out of their way to create an experience so that your day in a tropical paradise starts off with a really upbeat experience. Plus they also have such good humor - plus a good sense a humor. I totally appreciate what they do. Thanks so much!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Michael M
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stayed here from July 24 to 31st with our 8 year old son. We did use points and paid upgrade for the ocean front room. If you are a platinum member,make sure you ask about the concierge floor. When we checked in the man at the desk did not tell us there was access to the floor. I asked the next day and found out we had access and we enjoyed a continental breakfast most mornings. The food is very pricey here and not so good. We have stayed at several Marriott properties and this resort had awful food. The Atlantic Ocean is crystal blue here but rough. If you are looking for a beach bar head down a few hotels down and go to the Atlantic Beach Bar with Happy hour,good food and beach front bar! We had a great time but the other side of the island is more Carribean ! There is a desk where you can book tons of tours and exercusions.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family