My entire family (13 of us) travelled last week to San Juan and all stayed at the Marriott SJ Resort. The experience was quite good. The service at the restaurant for breakfast (thanks to both Diana and Angelo who are superstars) was excellent. They had more patience at the table for my young nephews and nieces than I had (or could ever muster up). The food we had for breakfast and the occasional lunches and dinners we enjoyed there was also top-notch.The room my wife and I shared in the Towers section had a great view of both the pool and ocean. All staff is perfectly bi-lingual and service oriented. So why not 5 stars? It all boils down to three glaring deficiencies. The pool bars close at @5pm with vey spotty pool service before then and none after that time. Essentially, if you want a drink after that time you have to go into the formal restaurant and request one (wet bathing suit and all) or go upstairs to the lobby bar and bring it down to the pool. There is also no outdoor music or entertainment which struck me as extremely odd given the fact that they must know their key attractions are their nice pools and outdoor facilities. The other issue (small by comparison) is that they have limited outdoor games (fooseball, ping pong) and so if you're not in the mood to swim there may be very little else available to you. Finally, the prices charged for beverages were extremely high...close to $4 for soft drinks and close to $8 for their local beer (which could be purchased in neighboring bars for @$3) ...Given the high "resort fee" they charge, I had expected more in terms of poolside entertainment and service and appropriate market pricing of food/drink items.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only five miles from Luis Munoz International Airport, located in the prestigious Condado neighborhood of San Juan in a highly desirable beachfront location only minutes from numerous restaurants and bars.The property boasts 513 spacious guest rooms and 12 suites, most with spectacular Atlantic Ocean views; the 24 hour Stellaris Casino on site, two outdoor pools, two lighted tennis courts and Ocean Club Wellness Center that features a wide array of massages and treatments in addition to the health club.Food & Beverage offerings include La Vista Latin Grill, La Isla Beach Bar & Grill, La Isla Pool Bar, Wan Chai Noodle Bar, Coffee Merchant and the ultra chic Red Coral Lounge.Come and enjoy the comfortand atmosphere of everything this "Caribbean Cosmoplitan Beach Club" has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott San Juan Resort And Stellaris Casino
- Marriott San Juan Resort & Stellaris Hotel San Juan