We chose the Marriott for the brand and we were not disappointed. Located in the trendy Condado section of San Juan –South Beach’s smaller, less attractive and less pretentious little cousin, the Marriott turned out to have the best beach of the hotels that line the ocean in this section. Be aware the tides are heavy, and these beaches may not be a good fit for children. The room was small, and the bathroom smaller, but this was offset by an excellent bed, shower and towels. The location is great, boasting various shops and restaurants, and a Walgreen’s half a block away that could outfit you quite nicely if you arrived with only the clothes on your back and a charge card. It’s a one stop drugstore, discount store, food mart and liquor store. If you have splurged for an ocean front room with a balcony, request one on a higher floor in the tower building. The ones in the cabana building may have a view of the pool instead. My biggest tip involves the parking garage. Bring a flashlight. The garage is so pitch black, more so in the brightest light of day when the lights are not on, that you cannot even see the door handle to open your door and it’s impossible to retrieve items from the back seat without a light. The driving was not as terrifying as I had been warned, but you will need nerves of steel and to forego the delicious and plentiful rum drinks that start with a complimentary rum punch at check in. Signage and road conditions are poor and traffic from the hotel to the highway is congested – allow an extra 15 minutes to any road trip for this reason.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only five miles from Luis Munoz International Airport, located in the prestigious Condado neighborhood of San Juan in a highly desirable beachfront location only minutes from numerous restaurants and bars.The property boasts 513 spacious guest rooms and 12 suites, most with spectacular Atlantic Ocean views; the 24 hour Stellaris Casino on site, two outdoor pools, two lighted tennis courts and Ocean Club Wellness Center that features a wide array of massages and treatments in addition to the health club.Food & Beverage offerings include La Vista Latin Grill, La Isla Beach Bar & Grill, La Isla Pool Bar, Wan Chai Noodle Bar, Coffee Merchant and the ultra chic Red Coral Lounge.Come and enjoy the comfortand atmosphere of everything this "Caribbean Cosmoplitan Beach Club" has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott San Juan Resort & Stellaris Hotel San Juan
- Marriott San Juan Resort And Stellaris Casino