San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Free Internet
  • Restaurant
6,671 results
All reviewsla vistacoral loungeacross the streetocean frontcorner roomswim up barpool areachairs and umbrellasresort feeoceanfront roomtour deskbeach staffthe beach is nicecity viewan umbrellagreat resortpartial ocean view
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I have stayed here about thirty nights so far, the place is decent. The service is generally good, the pool and beach are decent. The rooms are fine, nothing extraordinary by Marriott standards. The bar is nice, but very pricey, as are most resorts. The members club is decent, the views from the top floor a nice and the food is tasty and plentiful.

Room Tip: Avoid the corner rooms, the layout is odd for sleeping well.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

We recently stayed at the Marriott during spring break. The location is excellent- on Condado Beach, 10-15 mins from airport and from Old San Juan. The hotel is well-kept and very kid friendly. On the particular week we went, it was busy but not horribly crowded. Rooms were comfortable and spacious but need some updating. We had a corner junior suite on the 20th floor which had plenty of room for our family of two kids and two adults. We had a balcony that wrapped around with views of the beach and city- quiet except for waves crashing. The pools were great for kids. We usually went to the beach in the morning to soak up rays and then headed to the pool in te afternoon when it wasn't so shaded. Staff at the hotel was kind, courteous and helpful. One thing I would caution about is to check your bill. We booked a "Stay for Breakfast" rate which included breakfast daily. When I checked in I was told to just let the restaurant staff know about that and they'd take care of it. Our first day, the bill came and I was told "it comes out of a special account". When I received my final bill and checkout, not only were all four breakfasts charged to me, but somehow they had added $5 to every bill too. Christina at the front desk was very helpful in taking off the charges without any hassle... But check your charges before you checkout. Overall would stay here again. La Concha seemed posher but I loved that this hotel was so accommodating to our kids. Condado is a great place to stay. We were able to walk to many delicious local restaurants and nice shops in the area. It seemed that the area around the Ritz was filled with more chain restaurants (think Ponderosa and Chilis) than the nicer eating establishments of Condado.

• Stayed: March 2013
4  Thank AGC314
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We stayed for there for 3 nights in February and three things really stand out for me. 1. The ocean view/sound...the view was great and we kept the balcony door open at night so we would be lulled to sleep by the sound of the crashing waves.
2. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, especially the concierge desk...who went out of their way to help me every time I asked a question.
3. Fun hotel guest - we must some very fun guests at the hotel bar and casino.
Otherwise, the room we had was dated and smelled musty like a basement apartment. Thank God we could keep the patio doors open. As such, based on the condition on the room I thought it was expensive, however, the ocean view almost made up for it.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Jay100
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Thought the hotel and grounds were very nice. Enjoyed the pools and the beach. The hotel is in a good location. We took the bus to old San Juan - very easy from the hotel. Staff was very helpful when flight changes lead to a change in travel plans.

We stayed in room 1501 - room was ok. Clean but starting to look like it is time for a refresh. The mattress seemed well used - no pillow top in that room.

I found plenty of sun at the pool - and it is very nice.

For what you are paying for plus resort fee - I thought it was rather expensive for what you get. Wifi was not included in the resort fee. Ordered 2 pina coladas at the beach. Watered down in plastic cups. $22.40.

Would I stay again - possible. But would be open to checking out other options.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jabmke
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We've stayed in Condado several times over the last few years at a different hotel and decided to give the Marriott a try after seeing it's location, lobby and pool area on previous trips. The hotel is very modern, clean, has great security and is located right in the middle of all the restaurants, bars and nightlife. The lobby is very modern and has a fantastic bar with live entertainment at nights and the casino is just off the lobby. There is also a very good coffee shop in the lobby and a Starbucks right across the street. The pool area is very nice with 2 pools, a water slide, a hot tub, a swim-up bar and plenty of lounge chairs. The area is kept very clean and security is the best I've seen in a San Juan hotel. There is a guard watching the access point to the beach, the front of the hotel and access to the elevators at night and early morning. The gym is very good for a hotel, with 24 hour access, free weights, plenty of treadmills, bottled water and chilled towels. The rooms are clean, modern, quiet and everything works. As I said before, the best part about the hotel is the location. Food and entertainment are all withing walking distance. In fact, we never even ate at the hotel, besides the coffee shop, because of all the restaurants and bars located on the main street. There is a Hertz rental car located in the lobby and the public bus stop to Old San Juan is just outside the hotel entrance, 50 cents each way. A taxi to Old San Juan is $15 each way and to/from the airport is $15 each way plus a $1 per bag.

Room Tip: We had a 1st floor room facing the pool/garden area and it was very quiet with easy access to the pool.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple