We have vacationed in Puerto Rico several times in the past and have always stayed at a resort, but this was our first time at the Marriott Stellaris. This hotel doesn't feel like a tropical resort..it feels like more of a business atmosphere. Not an ideal first impression as you enter for the first time. The beach behind the hotel has strong currents, not ideal for children. There is no lifeguard on duty and parents must exercise extra caution. Even though there are chairs and umbrellas, it doesn't feel like the beach front belongs to the Marriott. i would have liked to see huts or straw umbrella tables and chairs, making the feel more like a resort atmosphere. The beach also closes early at 6pm, and the chairs are stacked and collected. You can't sit on the beach and watch the sunset because they close it down early. Other than that, the staff was very friendly and service at the front desk was excellent. We had requested an upgrade to ocean/pool view, and the manager was very accommodating. It is conveniently located 15 minutes from Old San Juan and 15 minutes from the airport. The buffet breakfast was amazing..fresh, large variety and reasonably priced at their restaurant called La Vista. Be sure to ask for "Sunny from the Bronx" to waiter your table. He adds a smile to your face with his dry sense of humor..a great way to start your day! He is quick while he gives your table the proper attention so that you're able to get on with the rest of your day and he is very appreciative of your business.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only five miles from Luis Munoz International Airport, located in the prestigious Condado neighborhood of San Juan in a highly desirable beachfront location only minutes from numerous restaurants and bars.The property boasts 513 spacious guest rooms and 12 suites, most with spectacular Atlantic Ocean views; the 24 hour Stellaris Casino on site, two outdoor pools, two lighted tennis courts and Ocean Club Wellness Center that features a wide array of massages and treatments in addition to the health club.Food & Beverage offerings include La Vista Latin Grill, La Isla Beach Bar & Grill, La Isla Pool Bar, Wan Chai Noodle Bar, Coffee Merchant and the ultra chic Red Coral Lounge.Come and enjoy the comfortand atmosphere of everything this "Caribbean Cosmoplitan Beach Club" has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott San Juan Resort & Stellaris Hotel San Juan
- Marriott San Juan Resort And Stellaris Casino