We went to the Marriott San Juan for a quick 5 day get-a-away from the cold New York weather. This is what I thought of the property overall:
ROOMS: The rooms were small with a small balcony. They were updated but definitely showed mileage. Bed was excellent. Bathroom was tight and nothing special. The rooms were clean. Overall, average room but comfortable and clean.
SERVICE: I cannot say enough here. Every member of the staff from the front desk, maids, waiters, casino staff, restaurants - were extremely nice and helpful. Of all the hotels that I have visited, this could possibly be one of the most impressive staffs that I have encountered. I cannot praise them enough. They truly made the stay excellent.
POOL: The pool area has a bit to be desired. The two tier pool featured a swim-up bar. The pool size is a bit smaller. The lounge chair areas are very shaded by the hotel buildings and palm trees. Finding a location with sun all day is a challenge and requires you to move around alot. Pool area was ok.
BEACH: Not known for their beach. The space is plentiful for lounge chairs. The waters are rough and there are some rocks.
CASINO: A nice casino happy to take your money!! Table games were typical with low minimums of $ 5 for blackjack and craps. Overall, the rules are pretty much the same with some minor differences on blackjack. Comp credits will be applied to your food and beverage bill - they cannot apply to room charges. Slot machines are updated and plentiful. Beverage service is free and attentive.
PROPERTY OVERALL: The property is in need of some updates and rehab. It is showing some mileage overall. If you are super attentive to detail, you will notice some of these issues. The service and overall experience will allow you to overlook these minor issues. The hotel is more corporate than leisure, but is definitely perfect for a quick get-away. The hotel is conveniently located on the beach with access to shopping and restaurants. The food on the hotel property is excellent for breakfast, lunch and dinner - definitely visit LA VISTA for any meal as you will not be disappointed. Price for food is high, but quality is there! The service is second to none overall. This is a good choice for those that demand Marriott quality and good stay overall.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only five miles from Luis Munoz International Airport, located in the prestigious Condado neighborhood of San Juan in a highly desirable beachfront location only minutes from numerous restaurants and bars.The property boasts 513 spacious guest rooms and 12 suites, most with spectacular Atlantic Ocean views; the 24 hour Stellaris Casino on site, two outdoor pools, two lighted tennis courts and Ocean Club Wellness Center that features a wide array of massages and treatments in addition to the health club.Food & Beverage offerings include La Vista Latin Grill, La Isla Beach Bar & Grill, La Isla Pool Bar, Wan Chai Noodle Bar, Coffee Merchant and the ultra chic Red Coral Lounge.Come and enjoy the comfortand atmosphere of everything this "Caribbean Cosmoplitan Beach Club" has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott San Juan Resort & Stellaris Hotel San Juan
- Marriott San Juan Resort And Stellaris Casino