We spent the week before New Year's at this hotel. Family of 4, two adjoining rooms. Pluses: staff, nice pool, excellent location in San Juan, clean and efficient, small casino (if you like to gamble) and you are in San Juan (which is great). Minuses: crowded, food inside hotel was just ok and expensive, beach waves are rough and no lifeguard, room on lower floor is noisy (you can hear the lobby band/music in your room until late in the night).
We wanted to get some guaranteed good weather in a fun place and decent hotel for the week. Mission accomplished. The kids (8 and 12) had a lot of fun and met other kids a the hotel. Bottom line is that this is a crowded week WHEREVER you travel and there is the inevitable contest for good chairs/location at the pool and beach.
Staff was extremely nice and accommodating. I requested adjoining rooms when I booked and they delivered. The location is great -- there are tons of restaurants within very close walking distance and it's fun to go out at night for dinner and also for lunch (Ali Baba, Buns right across the street).
Beach waves are very rough - I would not let my kids go into the water without me next to them, unless they were very close to the sand. They did have a great time in the water when we went in, but you do have to pay attention and kids should be able to swim. No lifeguards -- just a guy who blows a whistle every hour or so to remind people not to go to close to the rocks. If gentle waves are important to you, there are much better places to go in SJ.
Pool nice with a water slide - not huge, but a good pool.
PR is a lot of fun - we went ziplining, snuba and hung out in Old San Juan. There are always activities to do if you don't feel like hanging out at the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only five miles from Luis Munoz International Airport, located in the prestigious Condado neighborhood of San Juan in a highly desirable beachfront location only minutes from numerous restaurants and bars.The property boasts 513 spacious guest rooms and 12 suites, most with spectacular Atlantic Ocean views; the 24 hour Stellaris Casino on site, two outdoor pools, two lighted tennis courts and Ocean Club Wellness Center that features a wide array of massages and treatments in addition to the health club.Food & Beverage offerings include La Vista Latin Grill, La Isla Beach Bar & Grill, La Isla Pool Bar, Wan Chai Noodle Bar, Coffee Merchant and the ultra chic Red Coral Lounge.Come and enjoy the comfortand atmosphere of everything this "Caribbean Cosmoplitan Beach Club" has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott San Juan Resort And Stellaris Casino
- Marriott San Juan Resort & Stellaris Hotel San Juan