Having went to high school in San Juan, I travel there about 2 times per year. However, this was my first time at the Marriott. We stayed over Thanksgiving and chose it because of the great reviews and I wanted to stay in Condado, we usually stay in Isla Verde.
Overall everything was what i expected. I did not find the hotel exceptional, but solid.
Staff: They were helpful, but no one went out of their way per say.
Room: The smallest I have had in PR. I have stayed in the Conrad, Hilton, El San Juan and InterCon. I could barely close the bathroom door, maybe it was just my room - 1022. I will say the shower was awesome and the bed was great. I also liked that we were given bottled water each day.
Pool/Beach: Were fine. There are no umbrellas at the pool, but it has good shade. One pool is shallow and the other is normal. If you are searching for quiet at the pool, just sit on the chairs near the beach.
Restaurants: We did not eat at the hotel. Our favorite is Jam Rum Bar (which I need to review as well) it is down the block on Ashford. We also had tapas at La Concha and ate in other places in San Juan and Lechonarias in the country.
Coffee Shop: Was great, liked it better than Starbucks.
Overall, solid trip. I do not think I would stay there again. Our friends stayed at LaConcha and we spent time there and loved it, so next trip to La Concha it is (unless too pricey) then El San Juan.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only five miles from Luis Munoz International Airport, located in the prestigious Condado neighborhood of San Juan in a highly desirable beachfront location only minutes from numerous restaurants and bars.The property boasts 513 spacious guest rooms and 12 suites, most with spectacular Atlantic Ocean views; the 24 hour Stellaris Casino on site, two outdoor pools, two lighted tennis courts and Ocean Club Wellness Center that features a wide array of massages and treatments in addition to the health club.Food & Beverage offerings include La Vista Latin Grill, La Isla Beach Bar & Grill, La Isla Pool Bar, Wan Chai Noodle Bar, Coffee Merchant and the ultra chic Red Coral Lounge.Come and enjoy the comfortand atmosphere of everything this "Caribbean Cosmoplitan Beach Club" has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott San Juan Resort & Stellaris Hotel San Juan
- Marriott San Juan Resort And Stellaris Casino