We booked the room about 1 1/2months before our trip, most of the reviews I read were positive, and it had an "approval rating" around 85%. Came back to check it out about a week prior and it had dropped to 60%, reviews spotted with it being in a dangerous location to the place having bed bugs. I was definitely nervous, and second guessing, but am happy I stuck with it. We had a difficult time finding it, but being our first time in PR, we had difficulty finding a lot of things until we got into the swing of it all. It is Not a 5 star resort. What I mean by this is that there may be some cracks in the tile, a crooked bedside table, and an a/c that rattles on occasion. Those things aside, it was a clean and quiet place to come back to. The employees were exceptionally friendly, and tried their best to accommodate any requests we had. The onsite restaurant was very good (we stuck to apps and drinks). The beach was nice and not overly crowded. I'm thinking some of the reviews that complained of bed bugs were actually suffering from sand fleas. We did have some issue with this, but it's a fact of nature. Apparently they come out more at night, and bug spray helps. The hotel is located in a gated community, so you are safe roaming there day/night. We did venture out at night, not a problem if you play it safe (nothing too flashy) and stay aware of your surroundings. Only disappointment was that there were areas pictured on their site that had obviously not been used in a while, outdoor beds and additional bar area that looked like it could have been fun. If you can snag a deal on a travel site (Under $90/night), this place is definitely worth it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hosteria del Mar is located on the beach in one of San Juan's top touristic spots. Our ocean front rooms have an unforgettable view to the sea. All rooms have air conditioners, cable TV, Mini Bars and private baths. Try our breakfast, lunch and dinner at UVVA Restaurant where you may enjoy a unique gastronomic experience of local and International cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Hosteria Del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hosteria Del Mar Hotel San Juan
- Hosteria Del Mar San Juan
- Hosteria Puerto Rico