We wre a little bit concerned about some of the less favorable reviews, but it was the deal of the century! OK, it's basic, it's not the Ritz Calton in Isla Verde, but quite frankly, Isla Verde is a bit "stepford wives" in it's location and feel. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful on arrival, always ready with tips and suggestions. The room was basic, but adequate for our needs, good a.c., daily house keeping was good. It's all about the price and the location, you are on a beautiful stretch of beach, not a road to cross, just a few wooden steps. Free sun beds and umbrellas, a nice bar, plenty of refreshments available from beach vendors with ice chests (tip: check out the octopus salad from the old lady!!). Warm clear water. La Placita (it's a must if you like good Salsa music!) in Santurce is a short cab ride, old San Juan a little further, but easily accessible. Sunday brunch in the restaurant was delicious!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hosteria del Mar is located on the beach in one of San Juan's top touristic spots. Our ocean front rooms have an unforgettable view to the sea. All rooms have air conditioners, cable TV, Mini Bars and private baths. Try our breakfast, lunch and dinner at UVVA Restaurant where you may enjoy a unique gastronomic experience of local and International cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and Hotwire so you can book your Hosteria Del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hosteria Del Mar Hotel San Juan
- Hosteria Del Mar San Juan
- Hosteria Puerto Rico