(Take a look at the photos)
We are really sad in writing this feedback but it’s important to let people know in order to prevent them of having the waste of money of their life. We pay $180 to stay for 2 nights in a beachfront room. The room was small, smelly and the shower had only cold water. We complained about our need of hot water and the front desk lady told us that they had solar and electrical heating system and that they will check on that, which never happened because the next day another lady working at the front desk told us that the heating system was broke a LONG time ago, and that only a few rooms in the hotel had hot water. (They also told us that there was nothing they could do about). Later on we acknowledged that electric plugs didn’t work either so there was no way of blow drying hair, recharging cell phones, etc. After complaining a third time for all the things that went wrong in our room, we asked to be moved on another one (expecting it to be as nice as the one we pay for). This one had hot water and electric plugs worked well, but the room and bathroom were dirty and in need of an overhaul. The fixtures in the bathroom were rusted, even the bathtub. Definitively they gave us one of the worst rooms after paying that much for a beach front room. It was also very noisy and dark because it was located in a hidden area of the hotel were the only view you got was a huge dirty wall.
About the food we found it average. Waitress Maria was excellent and after knowing our entire situation, she took good care of us during dinner.
There was no parking area. We had to park the car in the street and there was no security at all.
We will never recommend this place. There are other more beautiful places to stay in the area of San Juan. If the hotel offers you to stay for $50-$60 per night, then go ahead and stay. The beachfront rooms are nicer but the whole experience was so bad that there is no way we want people to visit our island and live such a bad experience as we did. It’s saddest for us to have the worst experience by far in our own island. We like to travel a lot and this situation never happened before in any place we’ve been. (LOOK AT THE PICTURES)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- **Due to Hurricane Maria, Hostería del Mar will be temporarily closed until 11/30/2017. However, our restaurant UVVA is currently open to the public!** Hosteria del Mar is located on the beach in one of San Juan's top touristic spots. Our ocean front rooms have an unforgettable view to the sea. All rooms have air conditioners, cable TV, Mini Bars and private baths. Try our breakfast, lunch and dinner at UVVA Restaurant where you may enjoy a unique gastronomic experience of local and International cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hosteria Del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hosteria Del Mar Hotel San Juan
- Hosteria Del Mar San Juan
- Hosteria Puerto Rico