“Home away from home” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 30 San Juan B&B and Inns
Perth, Australia
“Home away from home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

We loved this place. We flew in from Australia and we were very new to travelling in another country. We were greeted by a friendly night manager and he made us feel quite at home. The room was nice and clean. We had everything you would need bar fridge, wi fi, safe and breakfast included. It had a nice pool, spa on the balcony overlooking the beach. It was close to the bus stop to get to Old San Juan which cost 75c. And the place also had bicycles we could use for as long as we needed to (shared with the other guests a couple of bicycles) And since we were staying there before our cruise it was around $25US to get to the harbour by taxi. The staff were really friendly and helpful, like everyone in Puerto Rico. Definitely a wonderful place to stay, if like ourselves like to have a homey feel to our accommodation as opposed to long empty corridors of a hotel. We will stay there again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

Honestly, what can I say? We loved this place, and the pros FAR outweigh the cons. I’d take the virtual tour on their website, and possibly select one of the poolside rooms as the weekend nights are loud here.

Pros:
For the area, it was inexpensive, and it was directly across the street from the beach! The décor was very up-to-date. They have a hot tub on the roof, and a small pool in the back. The continental breakfast was simple, but good. The hotel staff was amazingly helpful and very nice. It’s a short walk to some cool restaurants and a cool park.

Cons:
We had a street-facing room (#18) and Friday night was LOUD up and down the street until 3:30 am. I had to take a sleeping pill to get four hours of sleep that night. The room safe was difficult to operate. Room #18 was next to the pool supplies and maintenance room, so the bathroom was a bit humid and weird.

Room Tip: I would seek out a room that doesn't face the street - it can get loud on the weekend nights.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AwkwardTron
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

Excellent service and facilities. Superb location!!!
I was there on business and ended having a great time. The pool is just the icing on top of great and familiar service. Highly recommended!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Ste S
etcruz, Owner at Tres Palmas Inn, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear Ste S,
Thank you very much for this review and as you can see business can be mixed with pleasure!!! Thank you for staying with us!!!!!!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

I stayed in room 4 for four days. It was very small and in need of a remodel and upgrade, but it was all I needed- a clean, air conditioned room to lay my head. I looked at two of the ocean front rooms and they were nicer. But I loved the overall look and feel of tres palmas. It was everything I needed.

The location is perfect... 10 mins from the airport...steps from the beach...and NO tourist trap stores. A 10 min walk to the right you'll find many restaurants. Dante's had the best mofongo I had during my trip.

The staff was so helpful, attentive and friendly. I arrived several hours early than the checkin time and was surprised to find my room ready. I didnt eat breakfast, but it seemed adequate to start the day. I ate at Kasalta which was about 15 min walk from the bnb.

I've already started planning my next trip back to PR and tres palmas.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank professionalbeachbum
etcruz, Owner at Tres Palmas Inn, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear professionalbeachbum,
Thank you very much for your stay and for this review, we were very happy to have you here and to hear that you loved Tres Palmas. I hope that you choose us for your next stay as we will be more than happy to have you and assist you with all your needs.
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

My First Time And I Was Overwhelmed With Joy! The Staff Were Attentive, Courteous Accomodating. My Room Was # 9 The Coqui's & The Sound Of The Fountain Was SOOTHING, & Tranquil. I Was Looking For This Type Of Atmosphere. Loved The Pool Area, Just Around The Bend 1 Flight Up The Hot Tub Facing The Ocean, AHHHH! Freshly Brewed Coffee Delicious :) The Owner Edwin What A Gallant Gentleman, He Suggested Dante Restaurant For My Mofongo Anjillo It Was Very Superb. The Room Was Spacious Huge Mirrors That I Love, I Thought I Was Still Home, Cabel Flat Screen T.V. I Felt Like Family. I Can Assure You, I Will Reccomend Tres Palmas Inn Highly, And Will Return. Shout Out To Karina, Lizbeth All The Lovely Cleaning Ladies, My Buddy The Direct T.V. Cabel Tech Jorge. I See Why Trip Advisor Gave The Tres Palmas Inn The Award, Well Deserved. Happy & Very Pleased Guest. It Was a SHEER Pleasure Staying With You. Thank-You
Maria Luyando

Room Tip: Room 9 If You Like The Sound Of A water Fall & Coqui's @ Night Ths Room Is For You, Right Ac...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank gemini52957
etcruz, Owner at Tres Palmas Inn, responded to this review, September 16, 2012
Wow, Diva, thank you for this wonderful review, I am really happy you feel this way about our place!!! Please keep in touch and let me know when you are returning to Puerto Rico so I can help you with all your dining and travel arrangements in advance. See you soon!!!
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

Stay here! We looked in to some of the larger resorts and were overwhelmed by all the resort fees, paying for breakfast, paying for parking and internet....so we kept looking and found this inn. I would describe it as a boutique hotel, it has about 18 rooms. The pictures on their website are EXACTLY what you see when you arrive. Some of the rooms are small, but they are super clean and bright.
The beach in front is the local private beach, no crowds. You are about 15 steps from the beach. The parking is super easy on the street, we never had a hard time finding a place.
We originally chose room 15 (you can look at each of them on the virtual tour on their website) because we wanted an ocean view. This room was great and right by the hammocks. After the first day, we mentioned to the front desk that we weren't getting all the TV channels (it was NFL kick off week). When the cable company drug its feet getting it fixed they offered to move us to another room, an upgrade to a beautiful room with a balcony. We loved this one as well!
The staff is great and very helpful. The owner is usually around and ready to help as well.

There are hot tubs on the roof overlooking the ocean as well as a great little pool to cool off in. Breakfast is complimentary each morning, nothing to brag about but very adequate for us with bagels, eggs, toasts, cereals, fruit and coffee. All we needed.

Knowing about this place....I would never stay at one of the big resorts here...this is totally worth it and I recommend you stay here, we will be back for sure!

Room Tip: Rooms 15 and 1 have views of the ocean, although Room 1 is a bit smaller. The Ocean suite has a won...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Karin B
etcruz, Owner at Tres Palmas Inn, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you and for staying with us!!! We were very happy to have you here!!! We try to be as accommodating as possible with our guests and treat them like we like to be treated. That is why we keep all those complementary addons like continental breakfast, bikes, beach chairs, boogie boards and others and do not hesitate to help you or assist you in any means possible during your stay. Remember that this is your Beach House in Puerto Rico and you are welcome anytime.
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

I've been travelling for over 3 months and the Tres Palmas Inn was the best place I have stayed so I was very sad to leave. I challenge you to find a hotel that offers a better location (right on the beach), friendlier staff and better facilities for the price. I could hear the waves crashing from my room, loved the two hot spas on the terrace, lovely swimming pool, relaxing hammocks, fast internect connection and complimentary breakfast. The property is small and quiet and the staff make you feel like part of the family. If I came back to San Juan I would defintely stay here again. A great place to stay before or after a Caribbean Cruise :)

Room Tip: A room around the swimming pool at the rear of the property would be nice and quiet.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank MissMortgage70
etcruz, Owner at Tres Palmas Inn, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Thank you very much for choosing us for your stay and for this wonderful review. I am very excited you feel this way about Tres Palmas as we do our best to meet and surpass our guest expectations. I hope you had a great time in your cruise and if you ever come back to Puerto Rico, don't hesitate to visit us!!
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Juan
San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel
Acacia Boutique Hotel
Acacia Boutique Hotel
#29 of 46 in San Juan

Been to Tres Palmas Inn? Share your experiences!