“Location, Location, Location”

Ranked #6 of 29 San Juan B&B and Inns
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Location, Location, Location”
Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

I stayed in room 4 for four days. It was very small and in need of a remodel and upgrade, but it was all I needed- a clean, air conditioned room to lay my head. I looked at two of the ocean front rooms and they were nicer. But I loved the overall look and feel of tres palmas. It was everything I needed.

The location is perfect... 10 mins from the airport...steps from the beach...and NO tourist trap stores. A 10 min walk to the right you'll find many restaurants. Dante's had the best mofongo I had during my trip.

The staff was so helpful, attentive and friendly. I arrived several hours early than the checkin time and was surprised to find my room ready. I didnt eat breakfast, but it seemed adequate to start the day. I ate at Kasalta which was about 15 min walk from the bnb.

I've already started planning my next trip back to PR and tres palmas.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank professionalbeachbum
etcruz, Owner at Tres Palmas Inn, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear professionalbeachbum,
Thank you very much for your stay and for this review, we were very happy to have you here and to hear that you loved Tres Palmas. I hope that you choose us for your next stay as we will be more than happy to have you and assist you with all your needs.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed September 16, 2012

My First Time And I Was Overwhelmed With Joy! The Staff Were Attentive, Courteous Accomodating. My Room Was # 9 The Coqui's & The Sound Of The Fountain Was SOOTHING, & Tranquil. I Was Looking For This Type Of Atmosphere. Loved The Pool Area, Just Around The Bend 1 Flight Up The Hot Tub Facing The Ocean, AHHHH! Freshly Brewed Coffee Delicious :) The Owner Edwin What A Gallant Gentleman, He Suggested Dante Restaurant For My Mofongo Anjillo It Was Very Superb. The Room Was Spacious Huge Mirrors That I Love, I Thought I Was Still Home, Cabel Flat Screen T.V. I Felt Like Family. I Can Assure You, I Will Reccomend Tres Palmas Inn Highly, And Will Return. Shout Out To Karina, Lizbeth All The Lovely Cleaning Ladies, My Buddy The Direct T.V. Cabel Tech Jorge. I See Why Trip Advisor Gave The Tres Palmas Inn The Award, Well Deserved. Happy & Very Pleased Guest. It Was a SHEER Pleasure Staying With You. Thank-You
Maria Luyando

Room Tip: Room 9 If You Like The Sound Of A water Fall & Coqui's @ Night Ths Room Is For You, Right Ac...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank gemini52957
etcruz, Owner at Tres Palmas Inn, responded to this review, September 16, 2012
Wow, Diva, thank you for this wonderful review, I am really happy you feel this way about our place!!! Please keep in touch and let me know when you are returning to Puerto Rico so I can help you with all your dining and travel arrangements in advance. See you soon!!!
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Stay here! We looked in to some of the larger resorts and were overwhelmed by all the resort fees, paying for breakfast, paying for parking and internet....so we kept looking and found this inn. I would describe it as a boutique hotel, it has about 18 rooms. The pictures on their website are EXACTLY what you see when you arrive. Some of the rooms are small, but they are super clean and bright.
The beach in front is the local private beach, no crowds. You are about 15 steps from the beach. The parking is super easy on the street, we never had a hard time finding a place.
We originally chose room 15 (you can look at each of them on the virtual tour on their website) because we wanted an ocean view. This room was great and right by the hammocks. After the first day, we mentioned to the front desk that we weren't getting all the TV channels (it was NFL kick off week). When the cable company drug its feet getting it fixed they offered to move us to another room, an upgrade to a beautiful room with a balcony. We loved this one as well!
The staff is great and very helpful. The owner is usually around and ready to help as well.

There are hot tubs on the roof overlooking the ocean as well as a great little pool to cool off in. Breakfast is complimentary each morning, nothing to brag about but very adequate for us with bagels, eggs, toasts, cereals, fruit and coffee. All we needed.

Knowing about this place....I would never stay at one of the big resorts here...this is totally worth it and I recommend you stay here, we will be back for sure!

Room Tip: Rooms 15 and 1 have views of the ocean, although Room 1 is a bit smaller. The Ocean suite has a won...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Karin B
etcruz, Owner at Tres Palmas Inn, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you and for staying with us!!! We were very happy to have you here!!! We try to be as accommodating as possible with our guests and treat them like we like to be treated. That is why we keep all those complementary addons like continental breakfast, bikes, beach chairs, boogie boards and others and do not hesitate to help you or assist you in any means possible during your stay. Remember that this is your Beach House in Puerto Rico and you are welcome anytime.
Perth, Australia
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I've been travelling for over 3 months and the Tres Palmas Inn was the best place I have stayed so I was very sad to leave. I challenge you to find a hotel that offers a better location (right on the beach), friendlier staff and better facilities for the price. I could hear the waves crashing from my room, loved the two hot spas on the terrace, lovely swimming pool, relaxing hammocks, fast internect connection and complimentary breakfast. The property is small and quiet and the staff make you feel like part of the family. If I came back to San Juan I would defintely stay here again. A great place to stay before or after a Caribbean Cruise :)

Room Tip: A room around the swimming pool at the rear of the property would be nice and quiet.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank MissMortgage70
etcruz, Owner at Tres Palmas Inn, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Thank you very much for choosing us for your stay and for this wonderful review. I am very excited you feel this way about Tres Palmas as we do our best to meet and surpass our guest expectations. I hope you had a great time in your cruise and if you ever come back to Puerto Rico, don't hesitate to visit us!!
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Had a late night flight into San Juan and needed a nearby place to stay for one night. Tres Palmas is close enough to the airport (5 mins or so) and yet ON THE BEACH. Ocean front (with views) and breakfast and a great staff. I have stayed in other places in San Juan/Condado...no place I have stayed beats Tres Palmas.

Also was great having coffee in the hammock out front the next morning.

Room Tip: Use the room locator on the website to pick a room with ocean views....or simply ask when you call...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Aland_Traveller
etcruz, Guest Relations Manager at Tres Palmas Inn, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Thank you for staying with us, we hope in the future you will stay for a couple of days!!!
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at the Tres Palmas very much as it was a quiet, peaceful alternative to the touristy trap atmosphere of the Isla Verde area. The staff was very attentive and helpful and the morning breakfast served in the cute little patio area pleasant and filling. A ten minute walk in one direction brings you to a great 24 hr. criollo(tipical puertorican food) restaurant and other restaurant and food choices and a ten minute walk in the other direction brings you to a Spanish deli so popular they have to hire a guy to organize the parking of cars in their large lot! We really enjoyed swimming in the ocean in front of the place with it's pleasant little sand beach and lack of crowds and its small courtyard swimming pool with a sand rinse off shower was the perfect way of finish off a morning swim. The hot tub area on the second floor is very nice although when we were there in Aug. it was too hot to enjoy it. The rooms are nicely furnished and have excellent ac but vary alot in size and views so check then out in advance to pick out which one you want!

Room Tip: Several rooms have an ocean view which is nice and several have small kitchenettes which helps avoid...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank hlove10587
Thank you so much for choosing Tres Palmas, we are delighted that you had a great time and we hope to see you again!!!!!!!
Sanger, Texas
Reviewed August 25, 2012

This property has the potential to be a good thing, to bad when I was there that no one had realized it, or if they had they did not act on it.

Staff was, well they were there. Housekeeping. hmmm, do they have housekeeping?

Breakfast on the patio is nice, very nice pool, roof top hot tub, cool. beds are o.k., clean linens would be a good thing. It is a bit weird when you turn down the bed and there are cheese wrappers in the bed, under the pillow and such. ewww.

Shower leaves a lot to the imagination, unless you are on the other side of the glass block, then not so much.

Overall, stayed one night out of 3, left and headed for a nicer hotel. One where they have clean linens, sweep floors, you know, housekeeping stuff.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
The Condado Plaza Hilton
#24 of 46 in San Juan
3.5 of 5 bubbles 4,699 reviews
San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel

Been to Tres Palmas Inn? Share your experiences!