“Really Nice place to shop for authentic Peurto Rican Goodies”

Puerto Rican Art & Crafts
Ranked #5 of 72 Shopping in San Juan
More attraction details
Owner description: If you are looking for traditional and contemporary Puerto Rican arts and crafts, this store located in Old San Juan offers a wide range of items, from hand carvings to ceramic objects.
Reviewed November 16, 2012

After walking around the neighborhood, I stepped into this store and was blown away by the magnitude of goodies that they had on display. The store is very large and it can be a bit intimidating to find what it is your are looking for, but just ask and the attendant will lead you to it. Check out the "Sale" table there you will find some goodies to take home with you. I noticed some beautiful “Mud” cloth and ask about it. I was disappointed to find that it was made in “china”. Since I was looking for cloth that was originally made by the artist themselves, I decided not to buy it though it was gorgeous. I did look at some of the “Indian” cloth and they had a very large selection of them in various price levels. There were some masks, paintings dools that I noticed in the window that are by the local artist that are very nice. Lots to look over and enjoy and a little something to take home with you. By the way, if you do buy anything, I suggest that you head to the post office and mail it back homoe. Federal Express has 3 different size boxes for one set price per box and they will mail it anywhere in the world. Next time I am in San Juan I will use them. So much to buy. Overall it is worth looking into.

2  Thank asolotraveler40
"coconut"
in 4 reviews
"mask"

Reviewed July 11, 2012

There are an abundance of gift stores and souvenir shops in Old San Juan, but this place trumped them all in selection and quality of authentic Puerto Rican items. The staff was friendly and knowledgable. We ended up with a hand-painted Christmas tree ornament (we collect them from our travels), but could have gone nuts if money was no object.

3  Thank sseaton68
Reviewed August 4, 2011

This store has a great selection of crafts that reflect local traditions. Jewelry, hand carved wood work, paintings, and ceramics. Everything is hand made by local artisans. They have unique pieces and they also place orders for unique items. The service is excellent and the staff is very knowledgeable in local traditions. They ship anywhere in the US and they follow up with phone calls and emails if necessary. I've ordered specific items not illustrated in the webpage and they email me pictures to ensure I get what I want. I highly recommend this store if you want authentic and unique items.

4  Thank grilla_92
Reviewed May 2, 2011

The people at the shop were very helpful in explaining the different artists, their backgrounds, and their inspiration for their work. We were able to find some unique pieces that will make great gifts back home.

1  Thank TheWashingtons