“Spicy and Tasty”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Spicy Caribbee

Spicy Caribbee
Ranked #9 of 64 Shopping in San Juan
More attraction details
Owner description: We opened Spicy Caribbee on June 1988. More than a spice shop, Spicy Caribbee also sells tropical jams, Puerto Rican coffee and fragrances.
Iowa City, Iowa
“Spicy and Tasty”
Reviewed February 1, 2011

Very nice store, lots of good spices and sauces made in the Caribbean. Beware their neighbor, Kamel International Bazaar, which posted a fraudulent charge on my credit card shortly after I left their store.

Visited January 2011

Madison, WI
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great little shop, very interesting products”
Reviewed January 27, 2011

We stumbled on this store in Old San Juan and found a great selection of interesting caribbean spices and unique Puerto Rican products. It's a beautiful, inviting little shop. I was so happy to find it after all the junk souvenir shops in Old San Juan.

New York City, New York
“A visit to Old San Juan is not complete without going to Spicy Caribbee.”
Reviewed January 24, 2011

We have made Spicy Caribbee a must each year for the past 22 years as part of our rebonding with Puerto Rico. Their coffee is a must--one of the best in the world. We freeze the beans and thaw and use them throughout the year. A palate of great spice mixtures are likewise must purchases to enhance home-prepared dishes.
Nereida and her husband, Mark, are almost family. We exchange news of our respective familys and hugs.

Visited January 2011
Boston
“Hot and Spicey Just the way I like it!!”
Reviewed September 28, 2009

I actually will plan my trip around the fact that Spicey Caribbee is my fav spice shop of all time. I cater in the Boston area and I will stock up on my spices here!! Love the Decor and Music as well! The Owner is so informative and helpful. Liz

new york city
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“cute shop”
Reviewed August 28, 2009

so after seeing the online store i knew that I needed to make Spicy Caribbee one of my stops during my vacation at Puerto Rico. I tired the mango jam with crackers and fell in loveeee....I purchased the mango jam , island thyme and the mango chutney. The owner of the store was there(I forgot her name) but we did have a lovely conversation on how we are both from the U.S. I the mango jam is completely gone and I plan on ordering some more from online. The set up in the store is cute. Glassware is also sold as well as fragnances. would defn recommend!