If you stay near San Juan than you must stay at least one night here. My wife and I spent 4 nights at the Hyatt Dorado and 2 nights at the El Convento for our honeymoon and the El Convento was the highlight of our time there! It was full of charm and was a beautiful old hotel. Here are a few reasons:
- The staff was always helpful and friendly.
- We found it very clean (and my wife is a clean freak)
- Free bottled water in your room's refridgerator
- Beautiful courtyard in the middle
- Tapas bar in the hotel was excellent (white sangria is awesome)
- We loved the wine and cheese hour
- Great location (right in the middle of Old San Juan)
If you want to buy some leather goods then you need to haggle for them at the market. They are pretty cheap already but they'll go down. They've got nice stuff. My wife bought a purse that she loves.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of historic Old San Juan, Hotel El Convento has set new standards of luxury, comfort and service while preserving the rich character of this former 16th century convent. This landmark treasure, a member of Historic Hotels of America and Small Luxury Hotels of the World, has earned four diamonds from AAA each year since its opening. This is the exclusive hotel experience to indulge the most discriminating of travelers, and is a hotel like no other. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, TravelClick, Priceline, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Hotel El Convento reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Convento San Juan