“A must see!”

Ranked #1 of 204 things to do in San Juan
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Consisting of 400 restored buildings from the 16th- and 17th-century Spanish colonial period, this area in San Juan is steeped in history with an old-world and romantic European charm.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Dayton, Ohio
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“A must see!”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Lots of interesting shops that didn't have the same old things e early where. A lot of artwork signed by the artist that was totally affordable. The blue cobblestone was beautiful. People were friendly and there was security everywhere, just standing around. We saw no problems like that at all.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Respectfully Breathtaking...”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My partner and I visited this place back in 2012. This was, by far, the highlight of our trip. From the decorum of each sight, the food, the sun, people and music, we had a blast! If there's a desserted strip, I'd advise against it - stay where there's plenty of people and transportation.

Visited August 2012
2 Thank Rae C
Angleton, Texas
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Charming Old Town”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I absolutely loved walking around Old San Juan. My husband and I spent 3 nights there before our cruise and thoroughly enjoyed exploring the old city. I loved the blue cobblestone streets, the spanish colonial architecture, all the little shops and bars. The people were friendly. It reminded me of Barcelona, and I just loved it. Lots of history, which I really like!! I definitely recommend walking Old San Juan.

Stockton, California
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Nice old town to walk around and take pics”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Park at Dona Fela parking, it's cheap and parking in the street is impossible. Be prepared to do a lot of walking. Take some nice pictures at the Gate. Bring the kids to the Pigeon park, don't forget to bring something to feed the pigeons. Lots of souvenirs shops to browse through. Gets busy when the cruise ships are docked.

Visited June 2013
Scarsdale, New York
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“Beautiful Area to Visit”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We spent an afternoon in Old San Juan and I wish that we had more time to spend there. It had so much more character than the area around the resort where we stayed across town. The architecture is spectacular and the shops ranged from charming to modern luxury, so there is something for every taste. Make sure to visit the two Spanish forts - the views are breathtaking!

2 Thank JBarker34