“I'm booking with them ALWAYS!!”
Review of Eco Action Tours

Eco Action Tours
Ranked #64 of 112 Outdoor Activities in San Juan
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“I'm booking with them ALWAYS!!”
Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

I booked both my rainforest and bioluminescent day tour AND the day zip line tour through them and each time I spoke with a representative they were courteous, patient with my questions and informative. Manny was amazing!! He was funny and seemingly new everything about Puerto Rico's rich history.

Pick up and drop off was from my hotel and water was made available on the vans in preparation for the adventures. My ONE suggestion is that water be made available at Platform 7, after that lengthy trek up all those steps OR upon arrival at The Beast. By them, the party is wiped out and have been nursing one bottle of water to avoid bathroom needs.

Otherwise, I'll be using this company for my tour needs.

1 Thank Phoenix1908

Minneapolis, Minnesota
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“DON'T Miss this adventure!!! Fantastic!”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

This really is a “don’t miss” adventure if you are visiting Puerto Rico. The staff and guides at Eco Action Tours were fantastic. I was a little worried after reading a few of the most recent reviews. Booking this over the phone was easy and we were emailed directions to the meeting place immediately after booking. Upon arrival we were greeted and checked in. I wish I had gotten the name of the lady who checked us in because she went above and beyond to welcome us. She gave us suggestions for some other activities while we were on the island and even got out her phone to show us a map on how to get to some great, secluded beaches. The guides were also fantastic. They made sure that everyone, beginners and experienced kayakers, were comfortable. After a short lesson on kayaking and what to do if you tip (the water through the channel is only 2-4 feet deep, so no worries there) we were buckled into life jackets, given our paddle and headed to shore. The guides were fantastic about keeping the group together and communicating with us and each other throughout the whole process. Getting through the channel in total darkness and to the beautiful lagoon was an amazing experience. I can honestly say this is in my top 10 lifetime experiences. My only regret is that we couldn’t stay in the lagoon longer. Moonless nights or cloudy nights are the best and unfortunately the light from the nearby resort shine on the bay a little bit. It is amazing to see them “dance” on your hands if you pick up some water, and our 8 year old couldn’t stop scooping up water and watching the luminescence in his hands. He was a little nervous as we were heading out because of the darkness of the channel and the returning kayaks from other companies, but once we got to the lagoon he was FULLY engaged.

One tip – bring an extra change of clothes and shoes. Sandals are a must as you will walk into the water to get into your kayak. You will get wet at least from the waist down so wear a bathing suit or shorts that are comfortable when wet. One reviewer said to bring a head lamp, but I think that would take away from the experience. It is dark through the channel, but totally safe. Having a head lamp would also be tough on the other kayakers. The guides do have lights so if there is a problem or a turn in the channel, they will turn their lights on to guide you through.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank FlyingPiper
AOL
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Go with another company if u can”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

1st of all they were late in getting set up which threw the whole tour off. They should have been there early checking in people as they came. 2nd the had dimly lit red glow sticks and it was hard to tell who the guides were because they were never properly introduced. They gave very poor instructions on how to kayak and should have emphasized to keep your distance from the boat in front of u and not to pass which causes people to get bunched up. They would paddle fast getting out there and slow getting back which caused everyone to bunch up. I'm really surprised no one had helmets because once you're in the mangroves and there's no moon it's practically pitch black and easy to hit your head on the mangroves or have someone whack u in the head with there paddle when passing the by or when u get bunched up. Once we were in the mangrove the guide was very informative and went into great detail about what causes the glow... Almost too much scientific detail I loved hearing about the stars and the fish and just give a simple over view about the glowing organisms. Let us splash the water more to see the glow... if you are not a good at kayaking I wouldn't recommend this. However don't miss it either go with one of the companies that offer electric boats more relaxing and informative. Make to call them well in advance they fill up fast. If u choose to go kayaking I would suggest going with another company like pure adventure or even Eco adventure. I saw these guys and they were very organized all had brightly colored t shirts so u could tell they were with the company also took a smaller group and they even took pictures of the group together. Also our kayak filled with a lot of water which I realized kayaks get water in them but when the water is up to your stomach its a problem. They had poorly maintained kayaks. This company needs to improve there organization

Lake Tahoe (California), California
95 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 139 helpful votes
“Give them a chance! Great guides!!!”
Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

Great guides ! That changed the tone of our tour! The three young guides knew what they were doing! We left late after one group didn't come back on time, but all the complaining and waiting paid off! We were the only group out in the channel and lagoon and the experience was so amazing! Nothing compared to being out on a starry night and all around quietness and the bioluminescent one celled organisms were evident!!
Do not go out on these tours if you have never kayaked before! You will need to know how to maneuver in the dark!
Customer service is less to be desired!!! Clean up your voicemail box! Return phone calls promptly and read and reply and send your email responses out promptly!!! Business 101!!!

1 Thank MLAbug
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dont do it!! Horrible customer service!!!”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

The tour lady was rude, we went out to the water and she was giving people attitude and had smart comments for everything. Not cool they definitely ruined my night.

1 Thank jotero7682