1,222 results
All reviews old san juan casa blanca balcony room rooms are small fifth floor fortaleza street within walking distance unique hotel rooftop area your luggage would definitely stay here again no window walked everywhere free trolley historic sites cruise terminal the location is perfect
Selected filters
Reviewed February 18, 2020

Here are the pros and cons. Awesome location and friendly helpful desk staff. Nice lobby and cute bar with friendly bartender. And the cons were; VERY slow breakfast experience, both rooms had no window to the outside, and we had serious AC issues. There was a known issue regarding this that had just happened when we got there. They did refund us part of the room expense for the night we had no AC or I would say a 3 was in order, but this was nice. It was done without asking for it.

Reviewed February 18, 2020

We stayed her on the last night of our week long trip after spending too much money at a chain resort. I wish we had spent the entire week here. It is small but cozy. The staff was personable and helpful. I Loved the decorations and the commitment to the theme. There is a little bar on site. The rooms are small and there are no real closets, but they are clean and comfy. It's a bit hard to find and does not open on time, but it's worth the effort to locate just to see how cute it is. The location in the middle of old San Juan. It's walking distance to enough to do to satisfy a week. I would recommend spending a little more for a balcony room as the view of the city is a fun benefit.

Reviewed February 17, 2020

There are some good things about the hotel. I was in a Standard Queen ie. the smallest sized room, and the bed was comfortable, there was no noise, the A/C and TV worked well, as did the blow dryer, the decoration was fine, but the room could use touch ups in the doors, floor trim etc. which looked banged up. The "closet" was a low book case and on one side there were 3 attached hangers, so a long dress I brought for a wedding was crumpled on the bottom. A fried said they offer clothes steamers, which is nice. The elevator is VERY slow and for those like me that cannot go up stairs carrying weight, be aware that the annex with some suites lacks one. Also, I think this is due to the infrastructural problems after the hurricane, but be aware there is virtually no water pressure or warm water in the shower. There seemed to be a general lack of organization, I was told different things by different people or by the same person. Beware: don't stay here if you have a late flight and want to enjoy the city on your last day. They do not allow late checkout and on the day that I left they did not have room for me to leave it at the hotel. The suggestion was that I go to another hotel to see if they have room! There is a restaurant and bar, which I understood from the website were open all the time but no, of course, they were not. Closed from 2-4. There are plenty of fabulous places to eat in the area. Note that there's a terrace with some nice seating and a view but none of the area has an umbrella or covering so with the frequent showers you can't sit up there and you would need a large hat. There are some bathtubs which I wouldn't use since I don't want to get into a tub that someone else has just used. Probably lounge chairs would be a better use of the space. The hotel appeared to be filled with people staying briefly en route to a cruise, that may not be bothered by things that upset me. Next time, I;ll book an airbnb.

Reviewed February 17, 2020

I agree with others that the staff and location is what this hotel has going for them. The lobby is really cool but other than that, we were not impressed with the accommodations. The room was very small and hard to manage 2 suitcases in the space. The bathroom had no countertop space to put anything. The lightening in the room we had was extremely dim. Not all rooms have this issue has my sister had a room down the hall and the lighting in her room was much brighter. The bed was fairly comfortable. Considering the age of the hotel and the rustic appearance of the rooms, it was kept quite clean. Again, the staff from front desk clerks to the housekeepers were all very friendly and helpful.

We selected this hotel by default as we were hoping to stay at El Convento. We tried to book that hotel online and it stated a 3 night stay was required, while we were only staying for 2 nights. We stopped by El Convento and spoke to a lady at the front desk and said we were disappointed we didn't stay there. She said we should have called as they do take reservations for less than 3 nights!! Their courtyard is lovely and we enjoyed relaxing there after exploring Old San Juan.

Date of stay: January 2020
Reviewed February 12, 2020

We planned to spend five nights in San Juan and wanted a hotel in the heart of the old city so we could walk to everything and just totally relax. Casa Blanca is a well maintained and professionally run establishment of medium size on the main shopping street in old San Juan. Our room on the fifth floor was small but quiet and conformable with a balcony overlooking surrounding buildings which are ugly as sin but there is nothing the hotel could do about that. There is a roof top seating area where the views are better so long as you look at the distance over the surrounding buildings. On our last night our air conditioner stopped working and so it was a bit stuffy and a little noisy with the windows open. The hotel manager compensated us for the inconvenience so we have nothing to complain about and will likely stay there should we decide on a San Juan winter break next year as well.

Date of stay: January 2020