1,221 results
All reviews old san juan casa blanca balcony room rooms are small fifth floor fortaleza street within walking distance unique hotel your luggage rooftop area would definitely stay here again no window walked everywhere free trolley historic sites cruise terminal the location is perfect
Selected filters
Reviewed January 24, 2020

We spent 3 nights here, January 10-13th and just had a great experience. It's location in Old San Juan is perfect. Everything is walkable, including the cruise terminal, the 2 forts and awesome restaurants. The décor was beautiful.
We had the King Junior Suite and the room was lovely. The bed was one of the most comfortable one I have ever slept in. Breakfast, not included in the price, was good. There is also a bar located up the stairs that was convenient and comfortable. On the top floor is a patio with stone tubs and seating. The staff were all friendly and helpful. It was a flat $25 taxi ride from the airport.
I highly recommend this hotel.

Reviewed January 22, 2020 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night prior to our cruise out of San Juan. Casablanca is not only the PERFECT location, but was clean, updated, and had friendly/helpful staff. The hotel was unique and I loved that they have a book exchange at the front desk. We did have breakfast at cafe mimosa in the lobby. The food was just ok and the service was slow, but they do have great mimosas (plenty of fresh juice choices for the mimosas and they’re 2/$6!). We only got up to the rooftop the morning before we left, but it seems like a great place to relax and hang out. Sure the rooms are small, but there’s so much to see in old San Juan, we were only there to sleep. My biggest complaint is the light from the air conditioning unit in the room shines very bright at night, which did make it difficult to sleep. A small inconvenience the hotel can hopefully find a solution to! I would not hesitate to stay here again, although next time I would book an inside room as our balcony room did have quite a bit of noise from the street during the night.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 21, 2020

We stayed at the Casablanca on the night before our cruise. Right in the heart of old San Juan, it was a great location to branch out from when looking for food or things to do. Staff were helpful with directions and recommendations. We were upgraded to a suite so we had lots of room. Everything was just right. Unfortunately, due to high winds, the rooftop was closed. Due to renovations the elevators were not working, but staff were readily available to help with bags. We did not eat in the hotel, so I cannot comment on their food options.We were able to store our luggage in the morning after check-out so we didn't have to drag it around when we went looking for breakfast. It is close enough to the Carnival cruise terminal to walk with your luggage, but the cobblestone streets make it a bit of a challenge so if you have a lot of heavy luggage, consider spending a few bucks on a taxi.
Note: most cruise lines board at another location in the harbour, so check first before booking the hotel, or plan on a longer taxi ride (the other cruise pier is not in old San Juan).

Reviewed January 17, 2020 via mobile

Nice rooms, great service, love the rooftop lounge. Great location ,close to Carnival Cruise port, walking distance. . Made good suggestions on where to eat and shop. Very Close to Old Fort (national park).

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed January 15, 2020

Booked this hotel with my daughters and I the night before we left on a cruise. I paid for the Superior Suite and the pictures online are NOTHING like the room that we stayed in. There was no draping of fabric on the king size bed, the twin beds in the separate room were not palatable for my daughters so we all slept in the king size bed. The view was chrappy and the bathroom wasn't big enough to change your mind in. The staff were definitely friendly and the lobby is very eclectic but for $350.00 I expected a lot more. Would not recommend this hotel at all.

1  Thank Sharon S