“We shall return.”

CasaBlanca Hotel
Ranked #9 of 46 Hotels in San Juan
“We shall return.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

Although there is no elevator, our stay was very enjoyable.
Location is perfect. Walking distance to all sites in Old San Juan. Don't forget the Bacardi tour across the harbor. The ferry ride to Cataño is a pleasant trip.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Papote72

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
dizzo1
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

we have been going to PR for the last 20 years , 2 to 4 times a year , each time we go we have stayed at a few hotels in the old san Juan , Casablanca opened a few years ago , we strolled buy it last year and took a look and said lets try it next time we go , we stayed one night last week and I wish we could have stayed a few more but we had to get to our house in Aguada. What a great location walking distance to all historic attractions, night lfe and some of the best resturants . The staff was very nice and the rooms where very clean , My wife and I had a room that was very romantic ,valted ceilings, large shower and a kingsize bed that was drapped in white linens , WOW , The reception area was very nice with art peices and some nice comfortable furniture , in the back of the hotel on the first floor they have a small bar and some tables for for you to eat at there resturant , we did not have time to eat there but in a few months we will get the chance , Our Son and his three children and wife had a room with a belcony right on fortalaza street ,it was very comfortable for them but they did say they had some noise from the street . all in all a very nice hotel with great location to go and enjoy old san juan !!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dizzo1
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for one night coming off a cruise that ended in San Juan. Location: perfect. Walking distance to everything in Old San Juan. Room was, though small, comfortable. The hotel has a rooftop patio with spectacular nearly 360 views of San Juan, including downtown, the port, Old San Juan, cruise terminal, forts, and ocean. So much to look at. Only a 20-minute taxi ride from airport. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Drew D
Boone, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here with a large group and the staff was incredibly accommodating and helpful. The rooms are clean and each one has unique art work and design. A must see/do is the rooftop tubs. You can see the fort and the ocean on the other side (usually with a cruise ship docked). We enjoyed relaxing in the tubs snd gazingat the stars after a day if sight seeing in Old San Juan!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Carole G
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed here from July 10-12 and we liked it very much. The rooms are cozy and quiet which is very important since its in the heart of Old San Juan! From the rooftop you can see the San Cristobal fort which is a plus!

However, this hotel is a work in progress and they are still doing renovations but setting that aside is a good hotel to stay a couple of nights!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

I read reviews about CasaBlanca before I booked my reservations so I knew about the hotel not having an elevator, some rooms not having elevators, etc. I wasn't expecting anything fancy for the price which was very reasonable for 4th of July weekend.

When I arrived check-in was quick and I was in room 5e. I packed light since I knew there was a possibility I would have hike several flights of stairs. The room was older but nicely decorated. I was surprised that there were two beds as i booked a queen room and didn't even see an option for double beds. The room had a small flat screen tv with direct tv. There are no outside windows all of the windows opened to inside the building but I was able to tell when the sun rose as the room got lighter.

The bathroom had a sink but the shower was large. The water pressure was a little low but not bad. The paint on the wall was peeling a little but not much. The room was clean but didn't have a closet or anywhere to hang clothes so luckily I used the second bed to Kay out clothes for the next day. Also the hotel gets loud of Fri, Sat nights with the bars and clubs that are around. You can hear it even in an inside room but I got in late both nights so it didn't bother me.

What really makes this hotel nice is the location. It's on Fortaleza which is a popular street in old San Juan with souvenir shops, restaurants, bars, etc and it's close to the piers. Its also across the street from Marmalade which is a great restaurant in PR. I walked everywhere I needed to go and only needed a cab to/from the airport. I forgot my toothbrush and wanted to pick up snacks and there is a CVS a few blocks away.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank MsNikkiT
Pawtucket, Rhode Island
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

My wife and I stayed here prior to our cruise that departed out of San Juan. We loved it's location right in the middle of Old San Juan and only a couple of blocks from the cruise port. The decor was fabulous and the staff was very friendly and courteous. They were always ready and available to assist us with any of our needs and questions. On the day that we checked out, they allowed us to store our luggage there for the day since our cruise ship did not depart until later in the evening which allowed us another day to explore Old San Juan.

The only con that I could come up with was the fact that it did not have an elevator and our room was on the fourth floor. However, a member of the staff quickly grabbed our bags and carried them up to our room for us but we did have to bring them down ourselves. Although, I'm sure the staff would have been more than happy to assist us with carrying them down if we had asked. From what I understand, very few of the hotels in Old San Juan have elevators in them as they are mostly located in the older, original buildings which are fairly small in terms of a hotel. For what we got in return (comfort, service, decor, etc.), the lack of elevators was more than tolerable. In short, my wife and I absolutely fell in love with this hotel and we will be returning here on our next visit to San Juan!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple