CasaBlanca Hotel
$168
$239
$275
  • Pool
Tres Palmas Inn(San Juan)(Great Value!)
$128
$339
$319
Travelocity
1,020 results
All reviewsold san juancasa blancacalle fortalezafifth floorrooms are smallbalcony roomyour luggagewithin walking distancecharming hotelrooftop deckmarmaladewould definitely stay here againno windowstayed here for two nightsfree trolleybed was very comfortablethe location is perfect
Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here with a large group and the staff was incredibly accommodating and helpful. The rooms are clean and each one has unique art work and design. A must see/do is the rooftop tubs. You can see the fort and the ocean on the other side (usually with a cruise ship docked). We enjoyed relaxing in the tubs snd gazingat the stars after a day if sight seeing in Old San Juan!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Carole G
Reviewed July 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed here from July 10-12 and we liked it very much. The rooms are cozy and quiet which is very important since its in the heart of Old San Juan! From the rooftop you can see the San Cristobal fort which is a plus!

However, this hotel is a work in progress and they are still doing renovations but setting that aside is a good hotel to stay a couple of nights!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I read reviews about CasaBlanca before I booked my reservations so I knew about the hotel not having an elevator, some rooms not having elevators, etc. I wasn't expecting anything fancy for the price which was very reasonable for 4th of July weekend.

When I arrived check-in was quick and I was in room 5e. I packed light since I knew there was a possibility I would have hike several flights of stairs. The room was older but nicely decorated. I was surprised that there were two beds as i booked a queen room and didn't even see an option for double beds. The room had a small flat screen tv with direct tv. There are no outside windows all of the windows opened to inside the building but I was able to tell when the sun rose as the room got lighter.

The bathroom had a sink but the shower was large. The water pressure was a little low but not bad. The paint on the wall was peeling a little but not much. The room was clean but didn't have a closet or anywhere to hang clothes so luckily I used the second bed to Kay out clothes for the next day. Also the hotel gets loud of Fri, Sat nights with the bars and clubs that are around. You can hear it even in an inside room but I got in late both nights so it didn't bother me.

What really makes this hotel nice is the location. It's on Fortaleza which is a popular street in old San Juan with souvenir shops, restaurants, bars, etc and it's close to the piers. Its also across the street from Marmalade which is a great restaurant in PR. I walked everywhere I needed to go and only needed a cab to/from the airport. I forgot my toothbrush and wanted to pick up snacks and there is a CVS a few blocks away.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank MsNikkiT
Reviewed July 10, 2013

My wife and I stayed here prior to our cruise that departed out of San Juan. We loved it's location right in the middle of Old San Juan and only a couple of blocks from the cruise port. The decor was fabulous and the staff was very friendly and courteous. They were always ready and available to assist us with any of our needs and questions. On the day that we checked out, they allowed us to store our luggage there for the day since our cruise ship did not depart until later in the evening which allowed us another day to explore Old San Juan.

The only con that I could come up with was the fact that it did not have an elevator and our room was on the fourth floor. However, a member of the staff quickly grabbed our bags and carried them up to our room for us but we did have to bring them down ourselves. Although, I'm sure the staff would have been more than happy to assist us with carrying them down if we had asked. From what I understand, very few of the hotels in Old San Juan have elevators in them as they are mostly located in the older, original buildings which are fairly small in terms of a hotel. For what we got in return (comfort, service, decor, etc.), the lack of elevators was more than tolerable. In short, my wife and I absolutely fell in love with this hotel and we will be returning here on our next visit to San Juan!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Don G
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Hotel Casablanca was a really nice experience, although we only stayed there for one night on our way from San Juan to Ponce. The hotel is very conveniatly located in the old town and the rooms are nice and well air conditioned. The staff at the hotel is more than friendly and helpful, they are just amazing! Like previous reviewees have pointed out, the hotel does not have an elevator so if you have any issues with mobility you should consider some other option. For me, however, this was not an issue and I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in San Juan.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business