2,614 results
All reviewsconvention centerchoices restaurantthe club loungeinfinity pooltexas de brazilpuerto ricoold san juannice hotelsushi barcruise shipacross the streetlobby barcab ridenice poolpre cruiserental carcondado area
Reviewed October 4, 2010

Beautiful Hotel
Location (Horrible) You are stuck at the hotel with nothing to do.
Food (limited choices) You will get tired of eating the same thing. Choices does not have a lot of choices. No one knew what salsa was except for the breakfast crew.
ZEN SPA (average) The staff were really nice and my husband and I had a lot of fun. It was my first spa experience so I aksed another lady what did she think. She said it wasn't the worst message she had but she expexted more based on the prices. I do have the worst manicure and pedicure that I have ever had. I am too embarrassed to go into my regular shop. I will have to let my nails grow out some.
I caught a late flight in and didn’t have to wait long at the front desk. My husband and I opened the door to the room and quickly shut it. The ironing board was up, there were dirty towels on the floor, and the bed was a mess. We went back to the front desk and explained to them what we saw. They didn’t seem to believe us. One of the front desk employees went up stairs to check it out. They did send us to another room.
All the low reviews are correct with the exception of the staff. Everyone was nice except the guy at the concierge desk. He acted as if I was bothering him. He answered each of my questions with a sigh and a frown. The only other problem I had with the staff was their pushiness on using the taxi cabs instead of the bus. The cab is $30 round trip every time you leave the hotel. Kenya did take the time to explain the bus routes. The hotel does not have this information on site.
I didn’t have to worry about being awakened by the cleaning ladies because they never got to my room before 2pm. They want to start dusting under the sink and possibly remove the writing off the wall in 545. It was written in Spanish so I didn't know what it meant.
Do not walk to Western Sizzler. One of the guys at the convention I was attending stated “They should have someone stand at each end of the buffet with a syringe of antibiotics.”

Reviewed September 28, 2010

We are a family of 3 (2 adults and a 2 year old). We stayed 5 nights at the San Juan Sheraton Hotel and Casino for a conference that my wife was attending during the last week of September. Overall our experience was positive and we were satisfied with the quality of the room and of the services. We had a room with view on the convention center/bay area on the 5th floor.
I do have a big comment about the price we paid since I felt a little bit like IT WAS BAIT AND SWITCH. According to the reservation confirmation Email they sent us, we were expecting to pay around $155/nights (room + 11% occupancy tax included (the conference group rate), there was no mention of any other fees or taxes. In fact we paid in the final bill $139 for the room (no breakfast included at that rate), $15.29 for taxes, $15.29 for hotel service fee, $1 tips room attendant, $5 tips Bellman the first day (despite the fact we gave tips to these person on our own accord not knowing they would be tipped from the bill). That end up being a bigger rate than announced with no early disclosure. Another thing is some people at the conference booked their room calling the hotel but not mentioning they were there for the conference and got a rate of $99 a night including breakfast for 2. I am sure they got the same kind of fees hike at their checkout too but they started with a lower base fee. You’ll imagine that when they have a group rate it should be a better deal than the anybody rate ,no? Next time we go to a conference, we’ll call directly to check the rates of the hotel before using the conference rate…
A note for people with kids, we were able to rent a mini fridge for $25/night from the hotel and also they sell milk per the liter packs at the gift store.
Other note about parking, we were there during the fashion week at the convention center and it did not look like it would have been easy to park a car on the street during these days (just in reference to other reviews about parking at this hotel, you might want to check the schedule of the convention center…)
I also saw in one of the review that kids eat free… I am not so sure about this since we had to pay for our 2 year old meal (breakfast, lunch or dinner)
The hotel looks pretty new and other reviews said it opened in Nov 09. It is located next to the convention center and has a good number of rooms. I guess it is a good place to stay if you go to a convention there. According to my wife, the conference rooms at the hotel are fine (very cold though), but their break accommodations were not too good (food was OK, the coffee was available only at the earliest break in the morning and not at the other breaks). The problem with being located next to the convention center is that the convention center is not in old San Juan. So if you are only coming to do tourism, well you may want to look somewhere else or not complain about taking a mean of transportation to go to Old San Juan. The #21B bus (you have to work with their schedule, but they were clean, safe and relatively fast) is $75cts to go to Old San Juan each way or the Taxi are about $15 with tip each way. The difference is the convenience of the Taxi. We used a combination of both. It is true that around the hotel there is not too much to do. We tried the beaches (very kid friendly) about 20 minute walk from the hotel, but will not really recommend it. First the walk there is along a very busy road and doesn’t really feel safe (and the sidewalks are not in too good shape so it made it difficult with a stroller). Then it might be the day we were there, but there was some kind of gangs there and they started to fist fight in front of everybody, cops started to come but waited to be numerous enough to do anything. My 2 year old was done with that place, and did not want to go back to the beach…
A word about the elevators. There were 5 of them but only 4 worked and at times when the hotel is busy it was pretty slow traffic ( it had took us more than 10 minutes to go from the lobby to our room at times)
The Pools on the 4th floor were nice. Like other review said it consists of an infinity pool overlooking the bay and a kid pool sharing water with the whirlpool area. The whirlpool water wasn’t too hot, about body temperature but it made the kids pool water at a nice temperature (warmer than the infinity pool water) for the young kids. There was also an area with some water fountains were kids can play. Around the pools there was a lot of lounge chairs and lot of room to relax. On a Sunday afternoon though there was a DJ that was palying some loud electronic music all afternoon. It wasn’t that relaxing and there were no towels available at the pool even if we called the lobby multiple time, we had to use our room towels that day. But it might have been just a one day thing linked to the fashion convention since there was also a DJ on the Friday and Saturday nights in the lobby playing the same kind of electronic music very loud up to at least 2 in the morning. We could hear the music from our room on the 5th floor. The good side of this was that there were very good looking people at all these parties… to come back to the pools, there is a bar and grill next to the pools. We ate some decent bar food there, and tried some drinks that were good and priced at price comparable with what we had in other hotels of that class. My big issue with the pool is that it closes at 8:00 pm and there is not even access to the area around the pool after that time. I thought it would be nice to go there to read or relax at night and I would suggest the hotel management that even if they close the pools they should let the bar and the area open up to 10:00 pm to be accommodating with their guest looking for some evening relaxation.
We ate at the Choices restaurant in the lobby a few times (a lot to do with the lack of other choices for food places in that area) and were very satisfied with the quality of the food and of the service every time. Prices were a little high but not outrageously and I will say comparable to other hotel of that class. The staff at the restaurant was really accommodating for us and our 2 year old. They all were also very helpful. Couple times we ordered our food to go and they called us when it was ready so we just had to go pick it up downstairs. It was convenient with our toddler that can’t seat for more than 30 minutes… We usually do not like to eat too many times in the same place but we had to here, again not because of the hotel but of its location. Even if it is called choices after 5 days we had pretty much tried everything on the menu or at least it all sounded the same…. They had a Sunday brunch for about $25 per person, it was good, but the selection of food item was a little disappointing.
The Casino was extremely clean, and non smoker, we did spend a little bit of money there…. They had live music and also the waitressing staff does little dancing once in a while…
In front of the convention center there is a cool water fountain. It is not the Bellagio, but the fountains works with the music, it was a nice show. We could even see it (without the music though) from our room.
We did take a tour proposed by the concierge to El Yunke (the rain forest). It was a half day for about $55 per person (free for our toddler). It was fine but next time I think we’ll rent a car and go by ourselves at our own rhythm. I think we’ll get to see more stuff and do more little hikes.

Reviewed September 21, 2010

The Sheraton Puerto Rico at the Convention Center District is the place to be when in PR, it's minutes away from Old San Juan and Condado. The hotel has a unique pool that overlooks the San Juan Bay area, also has a great casino. Excellent service and tremendous facilities for very reasonable and affordable prices. The modern look of the hotel makes you think you're staying at a five star hotel while paying much more less. As a person who has traveled a lot, I highly recommend staying at the Sheraton Puerto Rico. Finally, the lobby bar appears to be the hot spot for young professionals, it's definitely a "happening" place.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
MariaI-ExecAssistant, Manager Representative at Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2010

Thanks so much! Your assessment of our hotel is most appreciated. We are proud of the quality accommodations and amenities that we offer our valued guests. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed September 21, 2010

Myself and my family stayed for 5 nights at this hotel. The experience was wonderful. I was hesitant to book it when i read a couple of damning reviews. I found they were completely inaccurate. The staff was wonderful. Everyone was so friendly and helpful. The hotel was fantastic. The Infinity Pool was lovely. The only down side is that it is not on the beach, but it is a 5 minute drive (15 minute walk) to the beach.
Its new, its clean, its family friendly and I would highly recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family

Dear Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel guest, we are very pleased with your review of our hotel! It appears that you and your family had a great time enjoying our pool and other hotel amenities. It’s always very uplifting to know our valued guests had an excellent stay with us. Thanks and we would love to have you back.

Reviewed September 17, 2010

We stayed at the Sheraton San Juan for a week on our first trip to Puerto Rice and what a treat. This new hotel is beautiful and has an amazing staff to compliment it. Reading some of the prior negative reviews before our trip I was watching for poor service and other issues to arise. Nothing could be further from reality. This hotel has the most amazing pool. The Infinity pool on the 4th floor overlooks a small airport and little planes taking off and landing, the bay where cruise ships dock and then into Old San Juan. This was the view where I got engaged to the love of my life. Beautiful and romantic. I am not into gambling but the casino is very nice and we put a couple bucks into a couple machines. The staff at the Sheraton was truly amazing. Everyone we ran into was amazing from Justin in the restaurant to the front desk staff, bar staff (one evening bartender at Choices was a bit of a dud) bell staff and a lady on the engineering staff was delightful and stopped to see how our stay was when we met in the hallway. My only complaint about the hotel/staff would be some housekeeping issues. The restaurants are not overpriced for a hotel, in fact the Sunday Brunch was $23.00 and included anything and everything you could want for breakfast including a omelet station. The rooms are very nice and comfy. Nice work desk and free internet!!! You will need transportation to get to "touristy" things, but there is a bus station right next to the hotel that will take you into Old San Juan for $0.75. We did the bus and taxi's for the 1st couple days and then rented a car. There is alot of parking outside the hotel so you don't have to pay for parking. This is a super fine, super slick hotel. Great job Sheraton San Juan!!!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple

Wow! Thank you for selecting our hotel to celebrate such a special occasion in your life and as your main option for your first time in Puerto Rico. We take pride in our pool area as is one of our most commented assets. We also thank you for recognizing our associates; we try to staff our hotel with a level of personnel that can provide the best possible service that our guests deserve. We are very pleased that you enjoyed our beautiful facility and look forward to seeing you again to celebrate your honeymoon, wedding anniversaries and many other celebrations to come!