2,615 results
All reviewsconvention centerchoices restaurantthe club loungeinfinity pooltexas de brazilpuerto ricoold san juannice hotelsushi barcruise shipacross the streetlobby barcab ridenice poolpre cruiserental carcondado area
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Let me start by saying that the hotel is beautiful, but what makes it even better is the staff.

Me and my partner decided to come again, since we had so much fun last time, but the difference from this second visit was how attentive and friendly the staff was. When we checked in, Grisel (im not sure its how you spell it) was very gracious always smiling. When we arrived, it was early so our room was not ready, so she offered us some options for the rooms that were available, I thought that was extremely nice but we weren't in a hurry since we had decided to go shopping and look around. Other hotels need people like her! Thumbs up to her!

We decided to try Choices on our first night and it was amazing! We had the dumplings to start, these were out of this world, it was a cross of the Japanese gyoza dumplings with a mix of puertorrican flavor and my partner had the Ropa Vieja, it was with duck, I am not a big fan of duck but boy did this taste good! Our main course did not dissapoint, but the best part of our experience was our waiter, Gabriel Valdes! Even if we had not liked the food we talked about how we would go and just sit at his section, he is very attentive and always willing to recommend something, he is friendly, kind, knowledgable, hands down one of the best servers we have had!

Also a shout out to Victor and Rose at the bar in the casino! On our second night they already knew our drinks and to leave a tab open for us. Big plus in a crowded place.

All in all, though it is more of a business hotel, so you wont get to see young kids screaming and running around, I never saw a child on my stay and we were there for 4 nights, so if you are looking to stay away from children this is the place for you.
The views of the hotel are of the cruise harbor and small plane airport, so if you expect to have the beach at your footsteps, look for somewhere else.

I would definitely recommend this place!!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
MariaI-ExecAssistant, Management Representative at Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2014

Dear vebe007,

First of all, we really appreciate your loyalty. A combination of service, quality, values and comfort make the perfect ingredients for a memorable stay. That's what we can get from your review. At Sheraton Puerto Rico we are commited to make the most of our guest's stay. We want our guests to feel welcome and have a memorable Sheraton Experience. Thanks for recognizing Grisell and Gabriel, as well the Casino Metro associates, Victor and Rose. We'll make sure their Managers are aware of this. It was definitely a pleasure to have you stay with us and we look forward for more stays.

Warmest!

Reviewed May 5, 2014

Stayed on Business entire staff was quite friendly and accomodating.One Jewel of a server was Andrea Gonzalez. She managed to keep our cups filled at the Lobby lounge bar even though we were a large thirsty group. Her hospitible personality and charm was a welcomed end to a long day of seminars. The Sheraton is quite lucky to have her as an employee.

1  Thank BodyguardPA
Reviewed May 4, 2014

The hotel is about a 15 minute cab ride from the airport and the staff was quick and courteous - no, downright friendly and helpful, when I arrived. The hotel itself is starting to show its age, hence the 4 star rating, but the room was quiet and comfortable and I had no problems with anything in the room.

1  Thank BrianT787
Laura R, Sales Coordinator at Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience about your stay. We value your comments and look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed May 3, 2014

The Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel and Casino is a great choice for business, it is brand new and has a great location.
What's memorable is it's Choices restaurant! Wow, Puerto Rican food, that by itself has a great reputation as the best cuisines of the world, Choices Chef takes it to the next level, I had the most delicious dishes, like Chuleta Can Can, with Puerto Rican rice...mmm! The freshest salads, with mango and caramelized pecans...yumi...the most savory seafood Paella...awsome.. but whats best of all, is the impecable service of my favorite waitress, Paola...she the most efficient and amicable person there is...with her melodical and soft Puerto Rican accent "how's everything??"..."Oh! Great...Thanks!"...If Antonio Carlos Jobim just have lived in Puerto Rico, the Girl of Ipanema just might have been from San Juan...If you visit Puerto Rico, book your self in the Sheraton San Juan Hotel and Casino and dont forget to visit Choices and say hello to Paola, the Princess of San Juan.....arghhhh...I think I will turn around and go back...I hate to leave....Bon Voyage!

1  Thank Fer V
MariaI-ExecAssistant, Management Representative at Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2014

Dear Fer V,

Thanks so much for your review, it is awesome to hear such an amazing comment! We definitely can tell you indulged yourself in our Restaurant. Our new and refreshed menu is the new star of our Choices Restaurant. Your recognition to Paola is very much appreciateed and we definitely pass on the information to her Supervisor. We value your review and encourage you to visit us again when visiting San Juan, PR.

Warmest!

Reviewed May 3, 2014

I stayed here for five nights on a business trip the last week in April. Front desk service was slow (understaffed?) at check-in both on Sunday evening and Friday morning. At check-in no summary of hotel amenities was given.
Ate breakfast at the Choices restaurant every morning. Prices seem astronomical until the check came and I saw that I was given a $14 continental breakfast credit although I ordered an omelet. Neither front desk or waiter explained this my first day. However each subsequent day each server explained this after I already knew. I had dinner at Choices and the Asian restaurant once each as well. I preferred the Choices dinner.
Housekeeping needs improvement. They were not thorough enough as there was dust and hair buildup in the corners. The towels were not bleached or replaced enough because I had them changed every day and about half had a small stain. This also applied to the pillowcases.
Room overall was showing signs of wear. The table holding the television had the front panel beginning to peel away. Lobby gives a great impression so this was surprising.
I could somewhat hear noise from the hallway, but I was working so hard that I passed out anyway.
Cannot speak on value as I was not conscious of pricing due to my employer footing the bill.
Overall, the place was passable and comfortable, but not as nice and clean as expected.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Mia P
Joel R, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2014

Dear Mia P,

Greetings from San Juan, Puerto Rico.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us this valuable review. We will discuss it with our upper management team to ensure we avoid this from reoccurring. I would also like to extend you a formal apology as it is evident we failed to meet your expectations.

Should your travel plan bring you back to the Enchanted Island of Puerto Rico, please do not hesitate to contact me at joel.rojas@sheraton.com. It will be a pleasure for me to assist you.