2,615 results
All reviewsconvention centerchoices restaurantthe club loungeinfinity pooltexas de brazilpuerto ricoold san juannice hotelsushi barcruise shipacross the streetlobby barcab ridenice poolpre cruiserental carcondado area
Reviewed April 22, 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights on a trip for work. The gentleman who was on the security staff was very friendly along with the Bellman who greeted my co-workers. A couple of my friends decided to go exploring in the hotel, so we went to find the gym/spa area; carpeting was strange in that hallway along with the walls...a drunk person would have had an easier time walking down that hallway. I had a room with two beds, the space was very tight in this oddly decorated room; I stayed in room 714. As I explored my room, I found there was a missing luggage rack and alarm clock which are standard at most hotels around the world and in the US; some overseas hotels don't have alarm clocks. Shower head was nice in the bathroom, and in my particular bathroom the sink's hot water took a while to heat up for shaving. Bathroom door did not lock in my room because they put a metal plate where the sliding door would lock; defeats the purpose of two beds in the room. We did eat at one of the Hotel/Casino's "Chinese" restaurants located on the main level called China Club. The reason I say "Chinese" was because they gave us a Sushi menu; that was totally unexpected going into China Club...good food and service, but no fortune cookies. It was almost like getting a BBQ menu at an Italian restaurant. During my stay, the staff at the front desk was helpful recommending the city bus (.50-.75 to old San Juan) compared to the more expensive taxi; it only took us less than 20-25 minutes (guessing) to get there...it was quick!! Very odd hotel; I might stay there, but it is not likely due to the odd situations. I found it was a primary hotel the cruise lines book their guests. If booking, try to get the balcony or bay water view. The view in the back like I had was of construction of the building next door and nothing to write home about.

This hotel is trying to go green, so in return of declining room service they give you $5 vouchers per night for use at the Sheraton restaurants or you can exchange them for SPG points. If you're trying to get to Old San Juan where the cruise ships stop in, this hotel is not within walking distance to this attraction filled area; you will have to take a cab or the bus. Cruise ship transfers should be fine if you're staying the night before boarding your cruise the next day.

Room Tip: Choose a water view room.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank George C
Carlos P, Sales Coordinator at Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Saludos Greoge C! Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a detailed review about your past stay with us. Luggage racks and clock radios are standard in our property and I am very sorry to hear that upon your arrival those items where not in place. I will definitely share this with our Housekeeping team to avoid future incidents. On the other hand, it is great that you had the opportunity to visit our restaurants and met a few assoicates that made your stay more memorable. I can assure you that each and every one of us strive for excelence and to make you feel right at home. Please come visit us again and let us turn you past experience around. Warm regards.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

I booked this hotel last minute when I did not like the first place I stayed at, so I did not do any research beforehand and I figured how bad it can be. I was right. First of all I am super picky and extremely allergic to many things. I am also a clean freak, and do not like crowds and noise so I was hoping to find a nice hotel that was quiet and clean.

Hotel is located across from the convention center, so I believe most guests are business people. There were not many families either which was much appreciated by me. The hotel seems to have a small casino that does not attract casino crowd either, so another plus for me. It has a nice outdoor pool that was empty most of the time. Weekend was busier due to cruise folks but after Sunday it was quiet. I had a room with a balcony overlooking the ocean, it was nice and large. Lobby is great, beautiful hotel overall.

Rooms are a bit dated, especially the bathroom, not too bad but definitely not brand new. I was concerned about the moldy smell due to humidity, but having the balcony helped, the room was fresh smelling at all times.

Parking is not cheap, $16/day and because the hotel is not located near anywhere you do need a car. There aren't many healthy food options around either, especially for breakfast, at least for me, however I found this to be an issue all over the island.

I found the location very convenient, less than 10 mins drive to both Old San Juan and Condado. I asked front desk if I can find parking in Old San Juan and she said there were plenty of cheap parking. I ended up driving to Old San Juan everyday and parking at Dona Fela lot, very cheap. all day no more than $4. I found parking in Condado much harder, but ended up parking at an open lot for $2/1st hour and $1 additional hour. I went in and out of the hotel multiple days, so having a hotel close to both areas was very convenient for me.

Rooms do not have fridges and microwaves (most don't have these days anyway), but not having a fridge was inconvenient especially because we were not close to any stores to grab something quick, this may be an issue especially if you have kids. Rooms do have coffee makers with Starbucks coffee though.

I did not have any noise issues except for the coqui sounds at night, but when I closed the balcony door I could not hear anything, it is amazing how much noise those tiny frogs make. I found the hotel and rooms very cold, and I always had a wrap with me while walking around, nights were even colder and the AC only went up to 75 degrees that did not warm up the room. well I like it very warm.

Staff was very nice in general. I did not interact with them much, but they all were professional. Housekeeping did a good job as well.

Overall I liked the hotel and I would recommend it to people who are seeking peace and quiet. If you are looking for fun, happening place that is not it though and people with kids may find it boring as well. Definitely a great place for working adults and couples who want to get away from the business of life.

Room Tip: I had a balcony room. I did not even know that they had balconies. I told the front desk attendant that I had allergies and I would prefer to have a room where I can open a window and she upgraded me to a balcony room, much appreciated. Stay away from the elevators since they make a lot of noise and upper floors and corner units are always better.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
MariaI-ExecAssistant, Management Representative at Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Dear Bostonian1999,

Thank you for your review. Your comment defines how detailed you are and as a guest we really appreciate that. Being at our hotel for the first time and describing your experience, shows how comfortable we made you feel. We appreciate your comment and your suggestions to our future guests.

If travels bring you again to San Juan, please remember we'll be here for another Peace and Quiet Sheraton Experience.

Warmest!

Reviewed April 21, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel - twice before and I always pleased with their property. Customer Service here is exceptional. The front desk staff, the restaurant staff and bar staff are very friendly. Everyone speaks English, so you do not have to worry about a communication barrier and taxis are located outside all day for your Convenience.
I was extremely satisfied with my visit again.

Tony Shepherd

Room Tip: If you are a Starwood Member - 7th floor and above are very good rooms, remember to bring your card.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
MariaI-ExecAssistant, Management Representative at Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Dear Tony S,

Thank you for your review! It is always a pleasure to know when guests are loyal to Starwood properties and to the Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel and Casino. We boast on our service, staff, quality and amenities. We look forward to welcome you again.

All the Best!

Reviewed April 14, 2014

It took me asecond stay in April 2014, to get a full appreciation of this hotel. The hotel is beautiful, clean and well presented. the view of San Juan form the pool is fantastic a great hing to look at all day. The front esk person at night was excellant and very helpful. I checke din at 230 am and is was terriffic. The lounge staff were very friendly and helpful. I took a short walk and was on the other side of the water, it was very convenient.
I definately will stay here gain and again.

Room Tip: Ask the font desk.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank mikefaud1
MariaI-ExecAssistant, Management Representative at Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Dear mikefaud1,

We really appreciate your second chance. There are times that don't allow us to provide the service you deserve, but we always work to strive for the Starwood Quality our guests deserve. We thank you for the second chance and we definitely look forward for more stays with us.

Thank you for your review!

Reviewed April 7, 2014

The Sheraton Convention Center in Puerto Rico is a great value and in a good location. The location is safe and there are few options of restaurants within the hotel and around. The service is friendly, efficient, and on point. The cleanliness of the rooms and the quality of the upkeep is definitely on par with SPG standards. I am an SPG Platinum member so had a room on the Club Floor which was quiet and very clean. The view is of the port which is very pretty. In fact, the club lounge has decent snacks, drinks, coffee, tea, soft drinks but the view and morning breakfast is great. The only drawback in the lounge is that the concierge staff there is not very pleasant however, I can understand with tons of people coming 'in and out,' it does become on stretch on anyone's nerves but in the end this is their job / customer service. The best is that any relatively close point in Old San Juan or Condado Beach is only 5-10 minutes cab ride. In fact, you can walk to Condado Beach it is literally 10-15 minute walk.

There is a 15 dollar surcharge each night for the resort fee however, to me it was no big deal as there are other amenties that make up for the 15 bucks a night as an SPG member.

The infinity pool and pool deck is really, really very nice and worth just sitting outside to see the port, soak in the sun, read, and of course laze off all the margaritas from the night before! LOL. The hotel bar and casino are just fine as well - the drinks are really good. And I am not a casino kind of girl!

There is a lil bar across the way - Ficus Mexican and do recommend the frozen margaritas there! I do recommend walking all up and down Old San Juan! As well it is about a 20-22 dollar ride from the airport. Enjoy really fun in the sun!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Carlos P, Sales Coordinator at Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

Thank you for your review. We are glad to learn that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Thank you for sharing your comments, we truly value and appreciate them. On behalf of our management team, I will like to extend our apologies for the opportunity regarding the service provided in the Club Lounge. This is sure not the kind of service we are used to giving. We will be informing the corresponding managers about it to make sure it does not occur again. We look forward to welcoming you soon in the future.