“After 4 years without visiting Puerto Rico”

Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino
Ranked #7 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I stay at this hotel since I was tired from a long trip from my family city which is about 2 hours away from San Juan. When I check in into the room it was full of dust, stain sheets, stain walls, stain carpets and hair in bathroom floor. I proceed to call front desk and the told me they were able to move me but to a lower floor I told them I was paying the extra money just to have the high floor. They say they could send someone to check the room. I wait around 15 minutes and I heard people talking in the halway thew were talking in spanish. I heard the conersation and a female ask another person what happen with that guest, and she say: "ugh another crazy man complaining" I was like wow. After that someone knock to the door. It was a houseman. That guy was amazing and great he really took ownership of the situation and proceed to clean the room. After him a Housekeeper walk into the room and ask him in spanish: what did he want? he just told her go and pass the vaccum in the room. She was yelling in spanish saying just bad words and banging the vaccum in the walls. After a couple of minutes she walk out of the bathroom and told me something else. I say no. She just told me sorry for my english is nor very good and I told her in spanish dont worry I speak spanish. She almost faint. I just proceed to let them know everything was ok. The next day I talk to the Front Office Manager and she was very polite and proceed to leave us her business card and a complimentary night for the inccident.

Room Tip: Double check room cleanliness
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank rayjavier
DominiqueHaacke, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2013

rayjavier,

Thank you for taking the time in sharing your feedback on your previous stay with us. I regret to hear of the incident that ocurred during your visit. Although this seems to have been back in February, I have shared your comments with our Director of Housekeeping who will make sure this matter was looked into and corrected.

Once again, my apologies on behalf of our staff for any inconveneinces you may have experienced. Rest assured this incident will once again be investigated.

Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

We are very grateful for the attention of all the staff of the hotel, specially with Elsie Rosa, Lizbeth Rosado, Daniela Rodriguez and Grabriel Rios. On October 31 was our wedding it was suppost to be done in the area of the pool but its started raining and it had to be moved to another area, but still we had a spectacular wedding; elsie took care of everything and always stayed in touch with us, making sure everything was of our pleasure. They were amazing. We truly recommend to any couple too chose this hotel. We are pleased and happy!!! Thank for everything Sheraton of the Convention Center in San Juan Puerto Rico!!!!!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Abdiel B
MariaI-ExecAssistant, Management Representative at Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

Dear Abdiel B,

Congratulations on your wedding! Thanks for choosing the Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino for this special occasion and allowing us to create lasting memories. We are so pleased that our staff was able to resolve the issue making sure that the wedding could go flawless. We hope to have you with us in your Wedding Anniversary!

Reviewed November 13, 2013

We stayed there for one night at the end of our trip to Puerto Rico. First of all, the location is terribly inconvienant to everything. Literally, unless you are going to the convention center, there is nothing close by. You have to take a taxi everywhere. The room was clean and nice (pretty standard hotel room) but there were no curtains on our window so at 7am you are blinded by the sunlight. Also the patio on our room was out of service. The bar in the casino was empty and overpriced ($15/drink). The salad i had at the pool bar was super expensive considering it was a few nuts with fruit that is barely visible and unripe and essentially it was a bowl of lettuce.

Would never stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Carlos P, Sales Coordinator at Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

Thank you for your review ChrissyEm. As a Starwood Convention Collection Hotel, we are strategically located next to the Convention Center and Isla Grande Airport and only minutes away from Old San Juan, Condado and beaches. We also provide many food options like Choices Retaurant, Texas de Brazil, China Club, Room Service, Pool Bar & Grill and The Café for our guests so during a long stay they will have the variety they deserve. In regards to our rooms, they are equiped with stationary decorative courtains and right behind them, there are balckout shades to make sure our guests have a good night sleep. We hope that you reconsider your decision and give us the opportuniy to turn your past experience around. Please come again!

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Couldn't ask for anything more. Our room was in a quiet location, the staff were pleasant and OMG the chef, AMAZING!!!!! Visited last month, October, 2013. Our waiter was great. He served us 2 or 3 nights and last night we had a different waiter, but she too was pleasant. My husband and I enjoyed every dinner meal. That was the highlight of our stay at the Sheraton. We love a good meal. It was hot. Don't like being served warm or cold food. We requested our meal come out hot and it did. Doesn't seem like a big deal, but seriously, who likes cold food? Regardless of price a good meal is worth the money when you're satisfied. The chef came out to meet and greet us. We complimented him and his cooks. He gave me his card, but I left it on my desk at work and I finally have time now to write my review therefore I don't have the Chef's name or our waiter's name on me. So sorry guys. But I will revisit and update my review to reflect your names.

One day it poured and we got stuck in our room for the day, (as I always travel with my work- this is why I need a quiet room just in case- I worked all day so it wasn't a wasted day) however, we made up for it the next day and drove 10 mins to condado beach and parked across the street in a parking lot for about $6 for the day and walked to the beach. Do not park on the street as the police are waiting for those meters to run out. FInd a parking lot. It's not impossible, just drive around.
My husband and I visited PR before so we wasn't looking for the nightlife. The Sheraton was perfect for us. If you're 18-30 and you want the nightlife and plan to party every night then, yes, you would want to stay on the "STRIP." Although we rented a car, we stayed on site except for that one day to go to the beach.
Oh, and the butter that the Chef made was mouth watering. We told him he really needs to get that marketed.
Thank you for your wonderful and pleasant staff.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DoloresL656

Dear Dolores L, thanks so much for your detailed review. It’s always nice to hear that you can combine business and leisure for a trip, and we’re happy to know that your stay was so enjoyable for both aspects.

Thank you for recognizing our Chef De Cuisine, we will be sure to celebrate your praise with him.

To hear that you stay was a peaceful pleasant vacation makes us very happy. We look forward to connecting with you again in a future occasion!

Reviewed November 10, 2013

We stayed here on our last trip to PR and had a great stay. We enjoyed the nightly entertainment on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday night in the lounge. Starbucks was right across the street, the staff was excellent in helping us book tours. We were afraid we wouldn't get to visit the bio-bay because I read it was off the island but there is one on the island that we left for in the afternoon and returned us to our hotel later that night. Beach is right behind the hotel so great for laying out.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gustavo c
Laura R, Sales and Marketing at Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our property. We look forward to your next visit to Puerto Rico!

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Traveling with a 1 year old is tough. Was expecting at least a mini-fridge in the room, but there is no mini-bar at all. Rosemary saved the day and found us a loaner for the baby's medicine and milk. Can't say enough nice things about Cesar (club level concierge) and Lizette (front desk -sp?). The staff made our stay most memorable - thank you all so much. It was a $12-$18 cab ride to get anywhere (beach, old town, etc); tried the bus but missed it. Only request is up food and beverage offerings in the Club Level. Some egg option, even boiled, would have been nice and cocktail hour really isn't cocktail hour with no adult beverages included. The food was the same every single day...

Room Tip: AMAZING VIEW! Note: Room 1102 is directly below the club level terrace, which has private events. It...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

We appreciate your feedback, we will commend our associates for their service and excellent job. We will also inform our food and beverage department about your observations in regards to the club level food offerings. Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Great hotel, but please note that this hotel is not on the beach or near the main strip of Condado. It takes approximately 20 minutes to walk to Condado beach and the start of the hotel strip. However, the bus (which is quite convenient) stops right by the hotel and takes you to Old San Juan or towards Condado. The pool is quite nice and relaxing. The staff were very welcoming and helpful. Our room was also nice. Overall no complaints with our stay at the Sheraton!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Condado Vanderbilt Hotel
El San Juan Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton
San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel
San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino

Been to Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!