“Wonderful stay!”

Ranked #9 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
Houston, Texas
“Wonderful stay!”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I stayed at this facility for a conference. The hotel staff was extremely helpful and patient.

The room was very nice - clean and comfortable. Everything was in working order. There was an ice and vending machine on each floor.

The pool was on the 4th floor and it had a jacuzzi, bar, and plenty of chairs to relax in. There are 2 restaurants, the food was ok. I was a little disappointed in the casino as it seemed small and didn't have a casino "feel" to it. It was quiet, the bar was empty, and hardly anyone on the slots or tables.

Now on the downside, there is nothing in walking distance from the hotel except a restaurant diagonally across from the lobby called Ficus. There is also a Sizzler a few blocks away that you could walk to but I would advise otherwise, just due to the fact that i don't think there was sidewalk to get to it. Other than that, I would advise renting a car but be advised they drive very reckless and fast. You can also take a cab (which is a van, not a car) and they will charge a flat fee for under 5 people, and then charge per person $3-5 depending on the time of day. Most of the restaurants in Old St Juan are about a 10 minute ride from the hotel.

The restaurant that had breakfast has option for buffet ($19) or choose from menu. They also have a small area where you can get grad and go breakfast sandwiches and coffee.

Meeting facilities were clean - no complaints in that area. Computer area was clean as well with several computers available for use.

Room Tip: You will either have a view of the convention center or downtown. There is no view of any water beca...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Lorna G, Manager at Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dawheat77,

Thank you for taking your time to give your feedback about our hotel. We are very happy that you had a great stay with us and that you enjoyed your time in Puerto Rico. All the comments you have provided willbe shared with our team.

We hope to welcome you back in the future and wish you the best in all your future travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (466)
  • Turkish first
San German, PR United States
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I stayed with my family during Memorial Weekend an had dinner at Choices.
I ordered mahi mahi with mamposteao rice, others tried the trifongo with shrimps, churrasco and chicken breast with sweet plantain mofongo. All plates were delicious!
Our waiter, Jose D' Leon gave us an outstanding service. He prepare the best strawberry frappes!
We had a pleasantly stay at Sheraton!
Diana & Joaquin

Room Tip: 10-12 floor
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Lorna G, Manager at Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Diana V,

Thank you for your time and your comments. We appreciate all feedback in regards to our property. We are very happy that you enjoyed your meal with us and look forward to having you back. I will definetely share your experience with the hotel team members.

Safe travels.
NYC
Reviewed May 25, 2013

I have very mixed reviews about this hotel. The parking is convenient and a good value at $16. The lobby is very nice,but the hotel is great if you need to be at a convention in San Juan. At the airport, there is a sign that says welcome to Paradise, but you will not get that feel at this hotel. There is no Puerto Rico vibe and you would not know you were in San Juan if someone placed you here. Yes a lot of things are 5 to 10 minutes away, but that is by car and you have to struggle for parking. If everything is 5 minutes away, I would stay there then. I will stay somewhere else on the next trip. The pool is nice and you see the Marina, but what about the parking lot directly in front of you that looks like I am swimming in a Walmart parking lot. Rooms are nice, but I was very disappointed with this hotel. It is about location,location,location. I am a Starwood Platinum member and there was very little recognition and the Club Room is sparse.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mikefaud1
Boston, MA
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We booked the Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino last minute an got a really great rate for one night stay before we left back home to Boston the next day. When we checked in the hotel staff was really friendly and let us check in our bags before the check-in time for the room. After we checked in we went to our room with a view of the pool. The one draw back was we were one floor above the pool so you could hear the kids playing. But it didn't bother us as we relaxed on our private deck that came with the room.

As we unpacked our clothes we noticed one of our suite cases was broken. We called the front desk someone came up stairs right away to take a report and told us someone will contact us about them breaking one of our suite cases.

We dined in the sushi restaurant for lunch which my girl loved. An for dinner we at at the Brazilian Buffet my favorite the food was so good. If you are in to a little gambling they have that there too not really big but enough to get you're fix.

Overall the hotel and stay was amazing would stay here again.

Now here comes the but..... As I said they broke one of our suite cases and took the report this happen on January 2013. No one ever called me back about my suite case. I called a number of times left my information for them to get back to me about it. Never heard back from the hotel about this matter till this day and its may 2013.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
MariaI-ExecAssistant, Management Representative at Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thanks for your review. We appreciate you took the time to share with others your experience at our property. We are very pleased you had a great time and enjoyed dining at our different concessionaries. However, we want to apologize in regards to the inconvenience with your suitcase. We would like to urge you to contact our Front Office Manager at your earliest convenience so we can discuss a way to take care of this matter. We look forward to connecting with you in a future.
Bridgetown, Barbados
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Very good venue for holding conferences and meeting. The conference facilities, rooms were very clean and modern. Staff were friendly and spoke both English and Spanish. Great location as well in proximity to Old San Juan. The landscaping was beautiful with trees and fountains and pools as well. Security was not bad and they are somewhat eco-friendly which is good. The rooms were equip with everything required and everything worked well ( a.c, fan, sliding doors, shower etc). Great view from the room also.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
RashidaBeckles,

Thank you for your time in writing your comments about our hotel. We are very grateful of your feedback and very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to having you back in Puerto Rico and safe travels.
Dallas
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I've stayed here two times in the last year. Hotel is new and staff are warm and friendly. Had a lovely lunch at the restaurant at the end of our last visit and the food was great (service a little on the inattentive side).

Back again in a month!

Room Tip: We used our suite upgrades and the suite was lovely.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I was in San Juan for a week for business and was excited to stay at this hotel - the pictures were beautiful and reviews communicated that while the location is not great, the service is.

Upon checking in, I got a beautiful room on an SPG Prefered Floor. The room service menu is good and the Chinese food restaurant was excellent, and I went there twice. However the Bell service really disappointed me. I had a cab hailed for me on my first day and the cabbie quoted (they do not run on meter) what sounded like a very high fare. I turned to the guy who hailed the cab and asked if the fare sounded, well fair. He said yes. Upon getting to work, they told me I paid double what I should have.

The next morning I first went to concierge to have them print me a map to my work so I could better negotiate how much taxi fare I should pay. There was one person in line in front of me and the concierge staff refused to even may eye contact with me while I was waiting. I certainly did not expect concierge to rush to help me, but wanted some acknowledgement. After 5ish frustrating minutes I went to the front desk and they helped me. Then I went into my cab with the map and was quoted a rate almost half of what was quoted the day before, confirming that the bell staff could not care less if their guests are being ripped off.

If work brings me back to San Juan, I will not stay at this resort. As an SPG member, there is another Sheraton in Old San Juan with more favorable reviews that will get my business.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
The Ritz-Carlton, San Juan
#7 of 13 in Isla Verde
San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel
San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino

Been to Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!