First i will start off with this. This hotel far exceeded my expectations. Originally I wanted to stay at the Sheraton in old san juan since I am a starwoods customer and it was less points. My husband and I were going out on a cruise and the Old San Juan hotel was walking distance to the cruise terminal.The old san juan hotel was sold out so we ended up booking this one instead for 3000 points more a day. The hotel was gorgeous! The lobby was very interesting and funky. There were lots of bars and a casino in the hotel. Also the pool deck was crazy awesome. It overlooks the convention center and they have comfortable seating and the patio the pool is on is very large. There is a bar outside, a huge hot tub and a large pool as well. They have towels outside ready for people to use. This is very close to old san juan and there are many restaurant close too.
The only thing that bothered me about this place is that if you are paying with your starpoints you will be charged a 16 dollars SERVICE FEE. Its in the fine print on your confirmation email. I just figured that this fee would be waived considering I used my starpoints for this. NOPE! So something that I thought was supposed to be free ended up costing me 32 bucks. Now I know that doesn't really sound like a big deal but it is when you aren't expecting it at all. When I called SPG they said that the only thing that i should have been charged with is if a place had a RESORT FEE but any other things should have been included if i was paying with points. So SPG transferred me to the hotel and they said that information was inaccurate. They always charge the SERVICE FEE regardless of points being used. She was not super helpful and never offered to waived the fee even after telling her I was really disappointed with the fact that it wasn't waived. I was not satisfied with this response from the hotel so i called SPG again and I talked to someone about the same issue. She finally did see that in my confirmation email it said hotel service fee 14 percent per room per night not in the rate. It also says occupancy tax 11 percent per room per night not included in the rate. She said usually it is waived if you are in the United States but some places are different. I feel that this should have been waived for someone paying with starpoints. This hotel was amazing but this SERVICE FEE really left a bad impression on me. From now on i will be checking any time I book another Starwoods Hotel. How hard would it really have been to just waive the fee for me? I mean what do they lose really? 32 dollars. If they waived (or offer to waive) this fee for me I would have given them 5 stars and never have mentioned this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Identified as San Juan's modern urban resort, the Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino is located just minutes away from historic Old San Juan, cruise terminals, easy access to business district and 12 minutes from the international airport. The hotel’s comfortable and contemporary design, lavish 57,000 sq. ft. sun deck with infinity pool overlooking the Bay of San Juan, rejuvenating spa, the largest casino on the island, a variety of restaurants and gathering spots makes this hotel the premier place to stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Starwood, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Agoda, TravelUp, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel And Casino
- Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel San Juan