2,614 results
All reviewsconvention centerchoices restaurantthe club loungeinfinity pooltexas de brazilpuerto ricoold san juannice hotelsushi barcruise shipacross the streetlobby barcab ridenice poolpre cruiserental carcondado area
Reviewed December 24, 2012

My partner and I attended an academic conference at the Convention Center in November (he was presenting; I was attending). While it was a little-crazy making not to be staying on a beach in San Juan, the truth is, we would not have had time to swim or sun much, anyway. We were grateful to be directly across the street from the Convention Center, to be able to walk back to our room for forgotten items, for a nap, for a minute away from folks.

The room... Reasonable, business class, clean, comfortable. We requested a king-sized bed, in a non-smoking room, on a high floor: check, check and check.

The staff was helpful and friendly (though we were largely self-sufficient this trip) and queer-friendly.

Room Tip: Our room on a higher floor afforded us a quieter stay and a view of the water.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank 012345km
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I came here for a work trip/conference at the adjoining convention center. The hotel was very nice. I had a nice room on the 8th floor overlooking the convention center and part of the pool. The pool was very nice, but closed at 8:00 pm. The pool bar closed at 6:00, so had to go to the Lobby Bar for drinks after 6:00. The mojitos at the Pool Bar were great. There was a casino in the hotel where a co worker got lucky.

The hotel was a short ride to Old San Juan. Lots of things to explore and try in Old San Juan.

Don't forget a trip to the Bacardi distillery. You can cab it there or take the ferry across the bay from Old San Juan and a short cab ride.

Most of the locals drink DonQ rum instead of Bacardi.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 20, 2012

The hotel is attractive modern and check-in was very fast. After our long flying debacle we arrived at the hotel and met up with my sister and her husband. We ate at Choices since we were famished. Gabriel, our server, was very patient, courteous, and attentive. Since we were very indecisive, he suggested many different options to us. Free water, coffee, and wifi in each of the rooms. I never had a problem with the wifi connection. We ate at Choices at other times and the steak was yummy and the mofongo (individual order) was excellent. My husband’s pork chop was just ok. The best MOJITO ever is made by a sweet and friendly employee at the Choice Café Bar; his name is Jose DeLeon. You can tell Jose loves his job and he is super approachable and enjoys people!! You have to pay full price for this mojito but it is worth every penny. My husband proclaims they are the best he ever had. Jose’s days off are Wed and Thursday. The breakfast buffet was good but when we ordered breakfast from the menu the eggs were drenched in butter, not so great and the coffee was just o.k. The service is very slow, you need to be patient!!!!!! Gabriel and other Choices staff spoke excellent English, no worries if your Spanish is limited. Room Service is spotty, only two bath towels in room, you can call for more. Drink glasses left in our room for two days before maid placed them outside on floor. If you are here for a convention, hotel is great, you should be fine. I know you can take a bus to San Juan. We rented a car so it wasn’t a problem for us to venture out. Tons of parking around hotel but do not park on street with any yellow lines, you’ll get a 15 dollar ticket. If you want to be near the action, this hotel is NOT for you. Pool is very nice. Casino was o.k., machines just swallowed my money. If you decide to stay; renting a car is the best way to see the island, especially because of the hotel’s isolated location. The hotel is a five minute drive to the Condado area. I think on Sundays there is a Heineken festival at Condado, lots of music and crowds, fun stuff. On our last day we took a cab to the airport; it was about 21 bucks. Day trips included Rainforest to Mina Trail down to waterfalls and back up. Luquillo Beach, eat at kiosk number 2, La Parilla, Plaza de las Americas, and Plaza Carolina and Pinones. Puerto Rico is great.

I now have to discuss the one negative encounter we had at the hotel. It was with Maritere Munoz. I will chalk it up to a bad day. Nonetheless, I must mention it because the incident made for a bad first impression. After check-in we went to the room, bed was unmade with the linens piled on bed in one big heap. My husband called guest services and they stated they didn’t have another room but would send someone to look at it first (no ETA was given). I asked my husband to go downstairs and ask the front desk if there was anything else that could be done since we were EXHAUSTED. While he was downstairs, an employee came in and assessed the condition of the room and said they would send someone upstairs to make the bed and get a mat for the restroom. When my husband came up he informed me that the front desk employee (wish I had their name) was accommodating and super nice. He profusely apologized to us and provided us with an immediate room change. We left immediately to our new room, happy that we would not have to watch and wait for our room to be cleaned. We were even happier that we would be napping soon. We quickly unpacked, I jumped in the shower, and my husband was getting into bed when the phone rang and Maritere called to let us know that we had a “problem” We were now in two rooms and we had an “agreement” with her for her staff to come and clean our room. She insinuated that we did something wrong or were somehow sneaking behind her back to complain and get a better room. The new room had a balcony which we did not request We just asked the front desk if something could be done since we just wanted a CLEAN ROOM ASAP. I don’t believe there is anything wrong with asking for assistance from hotel reception especially since HOUSEKEEPING did not do their job properly and the room was not clean upon arrival. My husband asked her how the problem could be resolved and she kept repeating that there was a problem and demanded to speak with me. As soon, as I stepped out of the bathroom, the phone rang again and it was her repeating the same crap again. I had no patience and told her we did nothing wrong and that at least I had a bed I could sleep in without having to wait. My husband went back and forth with her until she finally said; now there wasn’t a problem. No solutions were provided by her and accommodating guests was not her customer service “philosophy” that day. Had she asked us to change rooms in the morning we would have gladly done so. It was all about what "we did wrong" rather than being happy that hotel guests were in a clean room. Fortunately, the rest of the Sheraton Convention staff are exemplary including Wilfreda Silva, Gabriel and Jose DeLeon, choices waiters, all of the front desk personnel and concierge staff (I believe his name was Antonio) I would certainly return but the location is isolated. Fortunately, we had a positive experience with the “majority of staff”, the hotel was super modern and attractive and the rental car allowed us the freedom to sightsee. You will really need one to venture out.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TiniNewYork
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Upon our arrival, we were greeted by Victor, a very friendly bell hop, who brought our luggage to our room and demonstrated his knowledge of the hotel by answering our questions and giving us much appreciated advice.

Hotel employees Jose D' Leon and Melissa Robles were of great help. Mrs. Robles is a great asset to the hotel. Her knowledge and desire to assist us was superb.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 15, 2012

We arrived at the Sheraton Hotel and Casino on Thursday, December 13 for our fifth visit in six months. As always the attention was excellent from the moment that we arrived. The valet parking staff was superb and Juan was quick to take care of our luggage. Although we got here very early, Griselle at the front desk was kind enough to ensure that our luggage was safe in storage and that a room was ready as soon as possible. Katherine prepare for me the most wonderful Irish Coffee and you should try the breakfast burrito at the Café. Once the room was ready I received a call and as always I was pleased. We went down to Choices Restaurant and met Sojerly, one of their new managers, and keeping with the Sheraton tradition she was a delight. Eventually we also had a chance to meet our friend Elsie. Luis served our table for lunch and was wonderful. But what impressed me the most was to see Mark, one of the Choices server and Karla at the Front Desk dealing with extremely difficult guests. Both did it tactfully, elegantly and professionally. Making every attempt to assist the guest but not yielding to unreasonable demands or acknowledging inaccurate statements. Kudos to Mark and Karla for their calm under the storm.

Stayed: December 2012