“Nice, Clean Hotel for the Price”

Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino
Ranked #6 of 46 Hotels in San Juan
Simpsonville, South Carolina
“Nice, Clean Hotel for the Price”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We stayed here for a night for our early flight to Atlanta. We had three rooms all were nice, all were clean. A bit of a wait for check in, lines were long with only 2 people working. Some of our family ate at the Brazilian Restaurant and loved it. My husband and I played and the casino, first time I've ever been to a casino that comes around with free food and snacks. When we are going to the BVI's we usually stay over in PR, other hotels not near as nice. We will stay here again!

Room Tip: My husband and I stayed in corner room on 4th floor. The pool was right out our balcony door. Was...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (446)
  • Turkish first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed August 4, 2012

I stayed 5 days, 4 nights... I likely wouldn't stay at this location again.

Pros
-Decorated very well
-Nice pool design
-Comfortable bed

Cons
-Dirty sheets
-Dirty carpet
-Blood on bathroom door
-Makeup stains in the room
-Pool was broken and it ruined my plans
-Front desk never answers the phone after 8:00PM... I had to walk downstairs for every little thing
-I asked for some laundry bags at the end of my stay... I was told to try and come back the next day because they were too busy... The next day I called the front desk and they said they would send some up... Three hours passed they never sent the laundry bags up so I had to checkout with all of my belongings in a mess
-The hotels is in the middle of NOWHERE
-The streets surrounding the hotel are very confusing and difficult to navigate
-There were disturbances in the hallway that kept me up at night
-The parking costs $16 a night
-The casino is not big
-I requested shampoo and soap but never received it
-Both of the hotel's ATM machines were out of money so I had to drive to the bank

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank TrueBaseball
Maritere M, Sales Coordinator at Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write this review, We have reviewed your comments regarding your stay with us and shared it with our management team because your comments are really important to us. We are always looking for new ways to improve and feedback like yours is what helps us correct our areas of opportunities.
Rangoon, Yangon, Myanmar
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Do you know that feeling when you order a cocktail, the bartender complies genuinely, whips up your drink with zeal, and serves it to you with a warm smile? To add on, the price of the cocktail are within expected and the ambience of the lounge is pleasant, lucid, and embraces your lifestyle.

That's exactly how my girlfriend and I felt when we stayed at this Sheraton for 5 days, 4 nights. We encountered by far the friendliest concierge and staff which really is their competitive edge. I believe if all their hotel chains prioritize customer service at this caliber, then I must say they've found some faithful clients. :) I recommend this hotel to anyone considering staying for vacation be it with your significant other, independent leisure, and/or family. They are well-trained and know how to take care of their guests very well.

I hope you enjoy your stay!

Room Tip: Since the location isn't ideal, it really doesn't matter if you get a beach view or not. Th...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Maritere M, Sales Coordinator at Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Thank you for posting this amazing review. Reading such a wonderful review of our service and facilities is a real pleasure to our team. We are happy to know you and your girlfriend had great journey in Puerto Rico. Our team strives to deliver the highest levels of personal service and everyone in the team, including the management like to engage with our guests at every opportunity. I will pass on your kind words and we will look forward to your return! Do not hesitate in contacting me, I will see personally that you can continue receiving such great service!
Reston, Virginia
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Spent 4 D and 3 N on this hotel and the staff, from the bell boys and valet parking, including self parking up to the pool bar, roomservice and housekeeping are plain excellent. Felt Safe, great lobby bar also!! Choices Restaurant has excellent menu offer and ask to be seaterd where Mr. Julio Mojica is the waiter. He's excellent!! Highly reccommended!!

Room Tip: Ask for higher floors and Bay View rooms.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank BobRodz
Wow! What an experience! Thank you very much for sharing the details of your wonderful stay with us. . I do also thank you for your compliments regarding Julio, he is one of our stars at Choices Restaurant and I will make sure to share the feedback so that he can be properly recognized for a job well done. It is great to hear that you had such a wonderful experience with us and certainly look forward to welcome you again.
Sea Isle City, New Jersey
Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

Hotel is average for a resort hotel..its not Vegas or Atlantic City ...so prices for Food and Drinks are a little high. Staff is great and very friendly. Pool are is great..along with the pool bar. Drinks are great especially the sangria's.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank dlfleish
Maritere M, Sales Coordinator at Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Thank you for your comments. We are happy you enjoy our modern facilities. If you liked our hotel and you are a frequent traveler I recommend the Starwood Preferred Guest, you can earn points every time you stay in a Starwood Hotel, this is great for Starwood lovers like you.
austin, tx
Reviewed July 30, 2012

First off, the hotel was more than acceptable. Very clean, safe area, roomy enough for 4 women. Staff was helpful. We got this hotel on priceline. I was not informed there'd be a $15/night "service fee." This supposedly covered things like free water/coffee in the room (not really free then, huh?) and pool/spa/fitness access (of which we used none). The one night I had time for the pool, it was out of service b/c someone vomited in it (eww!) and the hot tub was not hot b/c a part was broken. So much for that. The rooms are not soundproof, noisy everywhere...I was just so tired it didn't bother me. I didn't use the casino so cannot comment there. I would recommend that you DO NOT pay the $16-$20/day to park as there is FREE parking literally less than a block away on the street near the convention center. I was scared to park outside of the garage as I'd been told it is not safe to park in the streets...but after driving through there enough times and seeing no thieves/creeps lurking, decided it was plenty safe and thankfully, no one tried to break into car or steal anything. Stay here if you don't care about being beachside, or if you are looking for absolute safety, or if you are familiar with Sheraton and just want to know what to expect. However, I drove by plenty of hotels in Condado/Isla Verde area that seemed just as safe (appearances can be deceiving, i guess?). I would have preferred to be beachside (this is what happens when one gambles on priceline). However, this place is only a 5 minute drive from Old San Juan and Condado...10 mins from airport, so it was fine overall. Again, not thrilled I was not informed of the extra fees. They also did NOT clarify the local calls policy. No clue that some would be charged as no one explained that even though phone numbers had the same area code, they were not local. (they supposedly removed this charge from my bill). There is also no nightlife in the area if that is a draw to you. The hotel bar crowd is mediocre, the casino appeared lifeless, and there's a restaurant (ficus) across the street that is livelier. We got lucky there was some huge party/special event there being held on Saturday night on the 2nd floor and that was entertaining enough (but was told that was just a coincidence. If you want bars or even convenience stores within walking distance, this is not the place to stay. If that doesn't matter, then stay here. Oh, and there are not refrigerators in the room so no option for leftovers or keeping your own food cold.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank livingL
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Love the location and the hotel is beautiful but the staff members seemed to lack knowledge in in terms of menu and didn't have the attitude of helping in orienting the guest. Other than that, Good hotel.

• Stayed April 2012
We thank you for staying with us and giving us your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed the minimalistic and modern decoration of our lobby and rooms. We will take in consideration your review.
We do hope to see you again in your next visit to PR.
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Juan
#6 of 13 in Isla Verde
Condado Vanderbilt Hotel
San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Beach Resort & Spa

Been to Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!