Before I start with the hotel review I just want to clarify a few things that other reviewers have posted and I believe the hotel needs some sort of back up here. First of all, I travel to San Juan often in the Winter time as a starting point for my Cruise vacations to the Caribbean. The hotel does not offer shuttle service in San Juan not because they don't want to, but because a law prevents them from doing so. No hotel in San Juan is allowed to have this type of service due to the taxi drivers on the island. The only hotels allowed are ones that are far off from the San Juan area.
Second, this hotel is not far from the beach. Yes, granted it is a bit remote but it is the perfect distance to the Cruise Ships at the Pan American Pier and it is just a 10-15 minute walk to Condado where some nice beaches in San Juan are located! People, its a CONVENTION HOTEL! That is why is in the Convention District. Its not their fault that the government has not finished developing the area!
Third, the pool. If you didn't notice during your stay, the pool is on the fourth floor where some rooms are located. Imagine you are in one of those rooms and you have kids running around at 12mid night because the pool is open?! I totally understand why they close the pool. Because they have to to avoid guest complaints.
Now on with my review. Firs of all we arrived to PR and had no problem getting to the hotel via taxi from the airport. We where greeted to a party at the hotel lobby and a very well appointed modern Lobby it was! The Hotel Front desk staff looks clean and sharp in their uniforms a fact that for me is really important. At check in we where taken care by Fabian Rosado, a young happy looking front desk agent that took care of us in a great way. We where there celebrating my husbands birthday and I made the remark and he automatically found the way to make us feel special. He gave us a upgrade to a room with a gorgeous view of the bay and a balcony and said "So you can start of your caribbean vacation in the right way, happy birthday" We where not expecting that so we where really happy with it! An hour or so after we had arrived in our room, Room Service came up with a bottle of champagne and a note from Fabian. This is truly the way to make your guest feel welcomed! We had a great night sleep, the rooms are well appointed, impeccably clean and the beds are super comfy! The next day we went out to the pool deck where we had lunch and stayed there for a while watching the cruise ship from the pool. The servers at the pool where very attentive and made us feel like we where their only guest! The front desk stored our bags for the day and when we left the hotel we just walked to the cruise ship!
I have to stay that I'm really pleased with the hotel. Not only is it new, clean, inviting, modern and very service oriented, it is also in a very good location! I will be staying here next time i'm in San Juan for a cruise. In my opinion, there is no better place!
Tip: Make sure to do the check out from your room to avoid a long line at the front desk. Also, be on the look out for Fabian and Rebecca from the pool. They are really well groomed in taking care of their guest.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Identified as San Juan's modern urban resort, the Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino is located just minutes away from historic Old San Juan, cruise terminals, easy access to business district and 12 minutes from the international airport. The hotel’s comfortable and contemporary design, lavish 57,000 sq. ft. sun deck with infinity pool overlooking the Bay of San Juan, rejuvenating spa, the largest casino on the island, a variety of restaurants and gathering spots makes this hotel the premier place to stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, TravelUp, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel And Casino
- Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel San Juan