“Great pre-cruise stay”

Ranked #6 of 48 Hotels in San Juan
Clinton, Mississippi
“Great pre-cruise stay”
Reviewed December 22, 2011

We stayed here the night before our cruise. The staff was outstanding from the moment we got out of the taxi as we were about to check in until we checked out the next day headed to the cruise port. Eduardo and I had a long conversation about why my husband and I were vacationing and I mentioned that it was our 10 year wedding anniversary. Within 2 hours of checking in (which was amazingly smooth), someone delivered a complimentary bottle of wine and snack tray with a note from Eduardo. We vowed, at that moment, that we would stay at this hotel when we returned to San Juan. The hotel room was spacious and we had a great view of the mountains and of the water. The breakfast buffet the next morning was great, too. We had an great stay!!! Thanks, y'all!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Dee F
BibySPHC, Sales Coordinator at Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, January 13, 2012
Thank you for your review and comments of the Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel and Casino.

We appreciate you recognizing Eduardo for his efforts as well. We truly hope that you enjoyed your vacation. Congratulations on 10 years of marriage, see you again for your 15 year anniversary?

We look forward to having you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (462)
  • Turkish first
South Florida, Florida
Reviewed December 17, 2011

I stay often in the San Juan area for business and I have stayed at many hotels in the area. This hotel is by far the newest, cleanest, nicest and most comfortable hotel I have stayed at in the San Juan area. it is spacious, safe and has beautiful, large rooms. The beds are very comfortable. It is quiet and relaxing. The exercise room is fine--not great, but certainly more than acceptable. It has treadmills, some other aerobic equipment and some free weights. The pool is beautiful and the staff is quite friendly and helpful. Most everything about the hotel is really top of the line and very inviting. There are bars in the lobby area and casino area and restaurants too, and you can eat at the bars. The food available in the hotel is not cheap but it is ok. The only downside to this hotel is its location at the convention center, which is just a bit remote. You really cannot walk anywhere. You need to take a short cab ride to Old San Juan or to the Condado area. I do not understand why this hotel does not offer a free shuttle service to those nearby areas, but it really should. A free shuttle service would make this hotel nearly perfect. All in all, I will stay here again as it is a great place for business travel.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank RunningOnAndOn
BibySPHC, Sales Coordinator at Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, December 20, 2011
An excellent review that is brief and to the point - speaks to location, service, cleanliness and efficiency.

As a note, while we’re unable to offer a complimentary shuttle due to various laws and agreements between the government and taxi providers, there are shuttle/bus options available that leave on a regular schedule from our front door. The prices vary depending on location, but are an inexpensive alternative to taxis.

Thank you very much for your candid comments - we hope others read the review with interest and come to enjoy the island, the hotel and our staff all at the same time.

Be well and travel safely.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 13, 2011

I booked and paid for this hotel via British Airways to stay one night in Puerto Rice prior to a cruise, and upon check-in presented the voucher to the desk clerk. The following morning, I received a copy of the bill pre-checking out including the pre-paid room charges. I queried this only to be told that BA hadn't honoured the payment and I would have to pay again. The desk clerk made it my problem to resolve, which I did by phoning British Airways who said they would contact the hotel's accounting department to explain their invoicing policy. After breakfast it was apparently resolved, I received a new bill without the room charges and left. However on returning to the UK I checked my credit card account, only to find that the Sheraton went ahead and billed me for the difference despite having handed me a revised bill. Shame on them. Two weeks later I'm still resolving this with my credit card company and British Airways - the Sheraton has yet to respond to either, and in the meantime I've paid twice.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
5 Thank AMB186338
BibySPHC, Sales Coordinator at Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, December 21, 2011
We apologize for your experience – I have forwarded this information to our accounting department. We are eager to resolve this. If the issue has not still not been resolved please feel free to contact us at prcc.sales@sheraton.com. We are sorry once again for the inconvenience this may have caused.

Please come back for another visit and an experience that we believe will be without incident.

Happy Holidays
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed December 10, 2011

My first stay at this hotel. It is isolated with nothing nearby except the Convention Center. Yet, the hotel may be all you need as it has a casino, infinity pool with a huge deck to get a tan or a drink, 3 good (not great) restaurants, a fitness center, and a large lobby. I spent time in the 24 hour club lounge with indoor/outdoor views and TVs and couches and 2 computers with printers. Simple, limited food served at breakfast and dinner. Taxis were plentiful. About 15 minutes from the airport and 15 minutes from Old San Juan. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: get a corner room
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank PAQ
"I will definitely stay here again " - this says it all.

We are pleased you had the opportunity to come visit and share your comments as well.

Thank you and we look forward to seeing you again.
New York City, New York
Reviewed December 3, 2011

The entire staff was great. I would have given it a five out of five rating if not for the hugely unrealized potential and for the somewhat isolated location. This place could rock if it catered to a hipper clientele. The rooms are solid Sheraton, with only a few housekeeping detail glitches, easily curable. The bright common areas are crowned by the modern 4th floor endless pool and the free wi-fi goes well with the business crowd. Choices, the restaurant, I thought was the best part of the hotel and hope will remain so with the upcoming chef's departure for the St Regis. We will definitely return, I miss it already.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank EddieO1
Thank you for your succinct comments - " We will definitely return ". We look forward to welcoming you back!

We appreciate your remarks regarding our staff and the overall stay.

Travel safely.
Fougerolles-du-Plessis, France
Reviewed December 2, 2011

We stayed for 3-nights, the rooms are of a good size and our room had a balcony. Unfortunately sitting out on the balcony my Wife got badly bitten by mosquitos. I would have thought a hotel of this category would have undertaken spraying to overcome this issue. The food at the restaurant is of good quality but the choice is very very average, it appears no or very little thought has gone into the menu choice. Breakfast is poor and very expensive, and that includes the weekend buffett. Getting served in the Bar are is a "nightmare" I had to complain on two different days, as the bar staff have their "favourites" whilst ignoring newcomers !! Complaint handled well but never should have got that far ! The Hotel is isolated and the location description is somewhat mislead. You need transport !! would I recommend staying here ? Definately NO, would I stay here again ? definately NOT

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank baunach49
Sounds like we missed an opportunity to provide for a pleasant stay for you - for that we truly apologize.

We are always looking for ways to improve so you review is very important to us.

Please reach out to us in the future at prcc.sales@sheraton.com and we are sure to exceed your expectations.

Warm Wishes
Texas
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Good hotel especially for conventions and or cruise passengers. I was happy with the accommodations. As we stayed only one night, we did not take full use of the hotel’s services and amenities. Service was good and consistent. It is a bit of a ways from Old San Juan – you must take a taxi to get anywhere from the hotel. If your cruise is leaving from the Pan American terminal and you are trying to save $$ you can actually walk from the hotel (carry-on bags only).

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
The Ritz-Carlton, San Juan
#7 of 13 in Isla Verde
San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort

Been to Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!